Reilly Associates - any good?
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 am 

Egad. I was going to post this in the Silliest Auction thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190633529507?ss ... 500wt_1041

I've picked up most of the Reilly stuff for $20 to $30, so thought I'd come in late with a $63 bid.

$229!!!!  8O

Is Son of Dungeon Traps really that rare?

The prices for Non-TSR rares seem to be skyrocketing these days.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:06 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Egad. I was going to post this in the Silliest Auction thread.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I've picked up most of the Reilly stuff for $20 to $30, so thought I'd come in late with a $63 bid.

$229!!!!  8O

The prices for Non-TSR rares seem to be skyrocketing these days.

I planned to bid but not over $60.  Amazing price.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:

Definitely, yes.

I was planning to bid as well...

Actually, prices are so high because this seller has a LOT of rare non-TSR items. And consequently, all eyes point to her sales... Sadly :(

In the same time, items from other sellers don't sell for big money

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 am 

dwarf wrote:
I planned to bid but not over $60.  Amazing price.

Yeah, I was going to throw $60-something at it too, but by the time I got around to looking it was already at that figure so I didn't bother.

I was just reading back in the thread. Has anyone figured out if The Dungeon Trap Handbook is a compilation of Dungeon Traps and Son of, or if these contain separate info?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Has anyone figured out if The Dungeon Trap Handbook is a compilation of Dungeon Traps and Son of, or if these contain separate info?

It is still on my to do list I think.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Is Son of Dungeon Traps really that rare?

Definitely very rare - I think I know of 3(?) copies out there.  Very different in rarity from The Dungeon Trap Handbook that the author still has dozens of copies of.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 am 

I don't fallow their products so I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but I remembered this thread:

BIN $27.99

EDIT I had the wrong BIN, it's starting at 24.99 and BIN is 27.99

Last edited by Busman on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 am 

That reminds me:  has anyone checked out Reilly's "Variant" magazine, and if so are they contents any good?  

CrazyEgor has had some issues up for awhile, but they seemed to have a lot of Traveller content, so I haven't bitten on them.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 am 

grodog wrote:That reminds me:  has anyone checked out Reilly's "Variant" magazine, and if so are they contents any good?  

CrazyEgor has had some issues up for awhile, but they seemed to have a lot of Traveller content, so I haven't bitten on them.

That's why I've never picked up any issues of Variant... not a Traveller. The only Reilly product I have is The Dungeon Trap Handbook, which I thought was pretty good (haven't looked at it in a while). IIRC, it's a table-based (DMG style) trap generation utility, more straight faced than the Grimtooth's stuff.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:08 am 

grodog wrote:That reminds me:  has anyone checked out Reilly's "Variant" magazine, and if so are they contents any good?  

I recently picked up the whole set of Variant magazines (both 1st and 2nd prints), but I haven't really had a chance to look at them yet. I'll have a look through them when I am back home in about 2 weeks.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:08 am 

I was just looking through the webs and came across this forum, and I'm surprised I hadn't before.  Reason I wanted to post was that I recently just came across an amazing find to add to my collection.

Just found Reilly Associates' "Aboard the Death Ship" (#113) in mint perfect condition.

I can post a pic when I get home later tonight if anyone wants.  Just wondering if anyone's come across this one before, and while I don't really want to sell it part of me can't help but be curious about its value too if anyone's seen one go on ebay or somewhere else.

As far as how good it is, i actually have traveller but never played it, so I'm not sure how good a module it is for it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm 

"Aboard Death Ship" is uncommon but not as rare as some of the others.

When the author appeared on Ebay a few years back, he still had I think around 10 copies of this that ended up selling.  I haven't seen one in a while so he's probably out of stock now (and has been for a bit).  Its a small press Traveller item and there are definitely some hard core Traveller collectors out there.  I would probably ask around $65-75 for it.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:49 pm 

Mars wrote in Reilly Associates - any good?:"Aboard Death Ship" is uncommon but not as rare as some of the others.

When the author appeared on Ebay a few years back, he still had I think around 10 copies of this that ended up selling.  I haven't seen one in a while so he's probably out of stock now (and has been for a bit).  Its a small press Traveller item and there are definitely some hard core Traveller collectors out there.  I would probably ask around $65-75 for it.

Thanks so much for the help.  I'm really not looking to sell it since it's likely I won't just "come across" something like this in condition this good again without really looking for it, so I'm adding it to my collection.

And I've heard a lot of good things about traveller, so maybe someday I'll finally get unlazy and play once.

Previous