PPP update:  D&A at printer, ERKAT shipping...
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:42 am 

davidc wrote:order # 112

:D

too much fun to miss??
cool!! +moving quickly :) :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:01 pm 

Very nice to see this level of support and interest.  Gotta love that artwork on the Stalk cover!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 pm 

Order #117 :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:too much fun to miss??
cool!! +moving quickly :) :)

Absolutely correct!  This is very exciting to watch, almost intoxicating.  :D  :D  :D

A newly released item with a limited print run transforming into an insta-collectible, unavailable item, at least for a 1st print. ;)
Too bad the PPP site does not have a real time counter to show how many remain.  I know there are inventory counts for items like Bottle City but for the bundled products, I am not sure they are all linked together.

So based on past history how long do you think it will be before the Fan Combo Pack #2 sells out? Today, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month?

Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 pm 

By 4pm EST today.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:12 pm 

Just got confirmation from Eric that I was order #105 and my payment was accepted although the order on my account is still pending due to the problem I had during the process.  :D

I have a feeling that the combo pack #2 will sell out pretty quickly.  Especially if people are ordering multiples.  Was there any mention of a limit on those?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:16 pm 

With 200 copies, I was guessing this week sometime.  At the price point of $46.95 for all three deluxe and limited editions, this seems like a bargain compared to the $150 for the limited edition Bottle City.  

My call is for next weekend, but then what do I know.  ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:
Absolutely correct!  This is very exciting to watch, almost intoxicating.  :D  :D  :D

A newly released item with a limited print run transforming into an insta-collectible, unavailable item, at least for a 1st print. ;)
Too bad the PPP site does not have a real time counter to show how many remain.  I know there are inventory counts for items like Bottle City but for the bundled products, I am not sure they are all linked together.

So based on past history how long do you think it will be before the Fan Combo Pack #2 sells out? Today, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month?

Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

I think it depends on how many multiples are ordered. Personally, this is the first PPP product I'm not ordering multiples of (economic recession and all that) and I wonder how many other "reliables" are cutting down on their multiple orders because of the economy, job loss, etc.

I don't know that the "new" items should attract any more interest for collectibility sake, than, say, CAS1, CAS2 or Bottle City.  They are all limited in quantity also, and CAS1 has not been available for years, while Bottle City is an absolutely incredible product with a lot of historical value.  Then again I'm always shocked when a "runic" copy goes for much more over cover price, since there was really no difference between that and a "regular" copy of PPP's early stuff.  If I'm pissing on the parade just let me know.... :wink:

Should be fun to see though.  I hope everything goes smoothly. For one thing first off I'm glad they are shipping priority mail, I do believe this will ease the shipping problems from before IMMENSELY and lead to quicker and easier transactions.  Plus shipping supplies are free, how can you beat that?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 pm 

This is going to make it seem like Castle Zagyg took ages to sell out.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:41 pm 

Thanks for the feedback on IE7 guys:  I don't have that on my work PC, and didn't get a chance to test it last night.  

If I understand what the IE7 users were seeing, it sounds identical to the FF 3.0.6 users, right?  

(And I was order 122 this morning, FYI).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 pm 

Badmike wrote: If I'm pissing on the parade just let me know.... :wink:

No problem, Mike.  We all know you are one, shrew'd cookie when it comes to RPG collectibles.  :D

Seriously though, I missed out on the pre-order for Bottle City and almost missed out on Castle Zagyg so I wasn't going to let this one get away.  Unlike a lot of other collectors here I was out of D&D, role playing and games for a long time so was blissfully unaware of all that I was missing....

Bottle What?
Rappan Atthuk Re-Something?
Castle Thingy?
Cairn of Who?

Now, I have to pay a premium just to catch up. :)  But I guess, that's all part of the collecting fun, isn't it?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:I wonder how many other "reliables" are cutting down on their multiple orders because of the economy, job loss, etc.

This is also the first one that I haven't ordered multiples of either.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:02 pm 

Mars wrote:
This is also the first one that I haven't ordered multiples of either.

Same here, although I ordered a second copy for a fellow acaeum member.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:23 pm 

After reading the warning on using Firefox 3, I decided to try out Safari to make the purchase.  I had no problems whatsoever.  It's version 3.2.1.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 pm 

It seems to be impossible to order to France... Website states "We are unable to obtain any USPS shipping methods at this time, please choose from one of the following shipping methods." :( And the only available method is for only downloaded products... so no shipping cost...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:26 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:It seems to be impossible to order to France... Website states "We are unable to obtain any USPS shipping methods at this time, please choose from one of the following shipping methods." :( And the only available method is for only downloaded products... so no shipping cost...

Recommend emailing directly to [email protected] and asking about shipping price to France.  I emailed them about my ordering problem and received an email reply from Eric Shook within an hour.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:37 pm 

I just sent an email as you suggested. My order was already taken into account because I received an email for it but I didn't pay because of shipping problem. No one encountered the same problem?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:39 pm 

Mars wrote:
Guess Order 97 is for 5 copies - we could place bids on who it is.

I'm Order 97, according to my confirmation e-mails. For the record, I ordered 1 of pack 1 (to actually use) and 1 of pack 2 (to sit on the shelf and look pretty).

My order is timestamped 11:02 Eastern. I was logged in, with the product pages in two separate browser tabs when the clock struck 11. Just had to hit shift-reload twice, then start adding things to the cart. (If you think that's overdoing it, you should see me registering for Gen Con events.) The only reason is took two minutes is that the shopping cart has too many intermediary screens.

No PayPal issues for me.

WWW ICQ  
PreviousNext