PPP update:  D&A at printer, ERKAT shipping...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:28 pm 

Thanks for the info grodog and mbassoc2003.  :)  I took your advice, grodog... I registered at the PPP forum and asked about it.  :)  I hope to be able to find a way to get one of those manuscripts.  :D  Thanks again!

~Kat  ^_^

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 pm 

Any concrete timeframe for ERKAT to actually ship? I don't really frequent the PPP message boards, and there doesn't seem to be much activity there anyway from what I can tell, but there was an announcement about a month ago that this is ready to ship (if I interpret RJK's post correctly), but nothing since then.

I have not preordered it, but own copies of Bottle City and Living Room and would like to continue the collection. On the other hand, if it is unlikely that promised products are going to see the light of day, I'll probably put BC and LR in my "eventually to be sold" pile. I doubt they're worth much more than cover yet, though (any thoughts on current value, anyone?).

Pardon me if this topic is verboten or already been discussed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 pm 

I'd expect you to get a shade over cover for BC. LR is another matter on account of NKG still selling them at a discount, however, eBay has a habit of surprising folks. You never know.

As regards ERKAT, I'd expect it to ship the moment critical mass is hit again with enough peeps being piised off with PPP. I have no doubt it will see print, maybe even this year. I'm ready to order when it does. And maybe we'll see DC, CotSK, ToB and LR published in PDF form before the year's out. That would be a nice steady income stream for PPP, although it may damage peeps investments in hardcopies.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 pm 

An update from Rob tonight:

I am about finished with both Daemonic and Arcane and The Stalk, which I've decided to release in tandom with ERKAT standard, ERKAT &DA special, and D&A standard, so the delay.

I figured we could offer these at once and save folks on combined shipping, so...

Though it's been a wait, we now have 3 products instead of 2 to be offered.

Also, I am finally coming up to speed on all back orders (as noted elsewhere) and will have a helper for this starting in April.

Eric also helps me ship during the announcement phase (first 4 weeks) when products are released. Moving to and from Florida and dealing with health issues (now behind me for the most part) ate a lot of time which, unfortunately, cannot be replaced, but I am back to a regular writing schedule. PPP will retain a loose (that is, "Fluid") publishing schedule befitting my abilty to control the company in the long term without falling behind again. The shipping will be handled by a part time employee starting in April, initially with my guidance, and then on their own thereafter during peak periods or when massive ordering occurs.

Thanks for being patient supporters during this testing time, and do enjoy the offerings we have in store for the future.

Rob Kuntz

Link @ http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2512?page=1

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 am 

Thanks, Allan.

So does that mean that The Stalk will be shipped with ERKAT, offered separately, or is forthcoming and ready for pre-orders?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 am 

grodog wrote:An update from Rob tonight:

Link @ http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2512?page=1

At least Rob will finally have some help, with both Eric and the pt employee. Honestly if I lived anywhere within an hour of Rob I'd volunteer my time one day a week just to make sure the damn stuff gets shipped out.  However, as the case of a lot of former buyers I'm going to make sure people are actually getting their product before ordering any of the newer items.  I wish him luck.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 am 

Well said, Mike, and I can fully appreciate your sentiments.  I'm just so damned eager to see this stuff published that I almost feel compelled to support the efforts, but then again, my original Acaeum ID was "afoolandhis$".   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 pm 

bombadil wrote:So does that mean that The Stalk will be shipped with ERKAT, offered separately, or is forthcoming and ready for pre-orders?

Not sure Stephen:  my assumption is that it'll be available for pre-order, since no one has ordered The Stalk yet.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:12 pm 

That would have been my guess, too, but from reading Rob's post (and others in the same thread), it seemed to me he was going to move away from pre-orders.  Maybe I misunderstood, though.  Happens often...just ask my wife!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 pm 

Sorry, you're right:  I was trying to state that I thought that The Stalk would be orderable when it's available but I used the wrong words (that's what I get for posting during a conference call ;) ).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:43 am 

Badmike wrote:However, as the case of a lot of former buyers I'm going to make sure people are actually getting their product before ordering any of the newer items.  I wish him luck.

Mike B.

Mike, yep, that sums it up for me.  I've been wanted to order from PPP for some time, but until I hear a chorus of praise for PPP's shipping practices I have to wait on the sidelines :(  The rub:  I really want some of this stuff!

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 am 

PaulKM wrote:
Mike, yep, that sums it up for me.  I've been wanted to order from PPP for some time, but until I hear a chorus of praise for PPP's shipping practices I have to wait on the sidelines :(  The rub:  I really want some of this stuff!

Best,

Paul

Maybe Eric can post here when he starts shipping stuff out, or someone who gets their item can post when it arrives.  I'd order if I was assured the item would ship soon after.

Bottle City was a spectacular item.  If the new stuff is the same quality I'd love to see it, but "once bitten"...etc etc...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:49 pm 

I'll keep you guys updated as printing and shipping proceed.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm 

Hmmm:  more news @ http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/1946

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 am 

grodog wrote:Hmmm:  more news @ http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/1946

Well that is certainly good news if it comes true.  I will be 1st in line to get that set :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Well that is certainly good news if it comes true.  I will be 1st in line to get that set :)

Ditto.  I hope it comes to pass, and is not just wishful thinking on Rob's part. From reading the PPP boards the last few years, unfortunately Rob's life seems to be a manic-depressive rollercoaster.....one month promising half a dozen very cool, historical-type projects....then nothing heard from him for six months to a year. Very disheartening. I really hope Rob can produce the goods this time!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:14 pm 

Sounds like a few items are to be released to shipping in 7-10 days from PPP:

http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/top ... ml?page=-1

Good luck, guys!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:17 am 

Recent e-mail, Pied Piper's New Drive, indicates that products are available for order, but links appear to be not yet available for order.

Any real idea when physical orders can be placed for the three products upcomming?

The Pipers Corner, Issue 1, also says these are now available to buy, and hints at much more to come (most of which is tabled for 2009). Notably, some 8 additional levels from the original Lake Geneva Castle.Campaign (filling in a little of the gap left by TLG's untimely removal from the Zagyg Campaign).

Mixed messages then. An update would be nice to clarify things.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext