PPP update:  D&A at printer, ERKAT shipping...
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 pm 

Mine arrived today:  aa, bb, and cc.

The Stalk is fantastic!  I'm looking forward to trying to run it for my kids.   :D

And the production quality of ERK-1 is superb.  What a nice set of items.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm 

My order arrived today.  I was able to leaf through The Stalk, ERKAT, and D&A a bit and I must say they were all done quite well.  I especially enjoyed the artwork in ERKAT and wish there had been room for more.  The only negative for me, and it is very minor mind you, was the lack of the title on the spine of ERKAT.  But that is just me being ridiculously picky.  :wink:   In my opinion Pied Piper has done a great job with these and I am eagerly awaiting more.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 am 

I received my set yesterday.  :D  I received #54.

~Kat  ^_^

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 am 

Hi,

mines arrived here in the UK.

Seems to be number 36ish.

Havent had a proper look at them yet, but seem pretty good!

Cheers,
Malc

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 am 

lawrenson wrote:Seems to be number 36ish.

36 Double-D-ish, by the looks of them.  Probably more like DDD.
Havent had a proper look at them yet, but seem pretty good!

I am interpreting every post you make as it relates to your avatar-boobies.  This is unintended but undeniable.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:01 pm 

My copies arrived today.  I got 1/200 and 1/300 for The Stalk.  I like the new cardboard mailer too.

However, two of the books seem to have a fairly strong smoke smell - at least strong for someone who isn't a regular smoker.  Anyone else run into this or was it just the guys at Canada customs using it as an ash tray?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm 

Mars wrote:My copies arrived today.  I got 1/200 and 1/300 for The Stalk.  I like the new cardboard mailer too.

However, two of the books seem to have a fairly strong smoke smell - at least strong for someone who isn't a regular smoker.  Anyone else run into this or was it just the guys at Canada customs using it as an ash tray?

I didn't notice it on my stuff this time as opposed to previously, which it was pretty bad.  

IIRC, Rob is a big time chain smoker though and he had *promised* to make sure it didn't happen with future releases.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 pm 

Mars wrote:My copies arrived today.  I got 1/200 and 1/300 for The Stalk.  I like the new cardboard mailer too.

Wow, congrats with that, Mark!  Very nice.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:32 pm 

Mars wrote:However, two of the books seem to have a fairly strong smoke smell

I noticed this with my copies, too. It hit me as soon as I opened the plastic bags on them. I'm a former smoker, and I suspect it makes me hypersensitive to the odor.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 pm 

That's how you know it's a genuine RJK first print.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 pm 

Nice Hantlers wrote:
I noticed this with my copies, too. It hit me as soon as I opened the plastic bags on them. I'm a former smoker, and I suspect it makes me hypersensitive to the odor.

If I put the items up to my nose, I notice it. I'm just going to air them out and they should be ok.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:22 pm 

Yep, I definitely noticed it on mine.  It was very apparent when I opened the mailers.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm 

Mars wrote:However, two of the books seem to have a fairly strong smoke smell - at least strong for someone who isn't a regular smoker.

The smell is pretty faint on mine.  I will probably stick them in a box with a dryer sheet or something along those lines and the smell will be gone in a few days.  Gotta look at the bright side....they could have come smelling like a bum's ass or guacamole that has been sitting out in the hot sun for a couple of days.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The smell is pretty faint on mine.  I will probably stick them in a box with a dryer sheet or something along those lines and the smell will be gone in a few days.  Gotta look at the bright side....they could have come smelling like a bum's ass or guacamole that has been sitting out in the hot sun for a couple of days.  :P

But you are removing smoke particles that have touched the lungs of the great Rob Kuntz . . . burnt paper and tobacco that have touched the lips of this mighty scribe . . .

:wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 pm 

misterspock wrote:
Yep, I definitely noticed it on mine.  It was very apparent when I opened the mailers.

I'm disappointed that these new products have the odour of smoke.  Though it is easily fixed (thanks to the "mustiness" thread viewtopic.php?t=6055&highlight=odors), I shouldn't have to spend my time deodourizing a brand new product.  

I'm glad I'm not allergic, because I don't see any other recourse than returning the items. I hope this issue is addressed by PPP for future releases.  

Best,

PaulKM

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:06 am 

Hi,

mine have a faint tobacco sort of odour - like a pipe, or good cigar.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:51 am 

That's funny, the rare runic copies I have smell like marijuana.

JK 8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:09 am 

Tharizdun wrote:That's funny, the rare runic copies I have smell like marijuana.

That's funny, mine smell of money. :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext