Notable Collectors items
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm 

frankfromgermany wrote:Well i guess i should pick it up then, huh?  

What about Wilderlands? That one will be hard for me to not open.  How low was the print run?  Will it have value even unshrinked ?

What about NG's Caverns of Thracia, City State of the Invincible Overlord ?

Hope to update the prices in early April, but the box set value wise is $70, CSIO $30.

The Player's Guide to the Wilderlands & The Caverns of Thracia had a print run of 2500.  City State of the Invincible Overlord & Wilderlands of High Fantasy Box Set had print runs of 2000.  All 4 are quality products, but for value its only the box set atm, and then not overly much (Only 1 this year has sold above retail.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:52 pm 

FWIW, I've seen NG CoTs selling for $25-40 over the past 6 months, but I haven't checked recently.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 pm 

I've been after a Wilderlands boxset for a while now... seen a few BINs at $69.95, but with International shipping costs what they are, haven't yet hit the button... still hoping to find one in a forgotten corner of some local gaming shop, though no luck yet...    :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 pm 

davidc wrote:I've been after a Wilderlands boxset for a while now... seen a few BINs at $69.95, but with International shipping costs what they are, haven't yet hit the button... still hoping to find one in a forgotten corner of some local gaming shop, though no luck yet...    :?

Keep looking - you can still sometimes get lucky.  I picked up my copy from a local used bookstore (Casablanca) for $30.  Funny thing with that purchase was that they had the books out for sale for $40 with a note to say the box and maps were behind the counter.  Then after a month, the box and maps showed up separately for sale for $30.  Some employee found it behind the desk and put it out for sale - it took a bit to convince them that the two bundles belonged together.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:58 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:If I could get Necromancer's CSIO and Wilderlands at/or within 25% of retail price, I'd buy them. Above that I'd be looking for absolute mint condition on the book/box. Both are worth having because they are damned fine pieces of work, but I'm happy to settle for the PDF for my own personal use. Only time will tell how Thracia does/

Just my 2c.

How much is the retail on CSIO, $ 35 right?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:33 pm 

A few potential 3/3.5 collectibles ended recently:

Tomb of Abysthor:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

CSIO:

Rappan Athuk Reloaded:

The Tomb of Abysthor sold for quite a bit less than the few BIN's I have seen recently.  I am a bit surprised that the RAR didnt go for more than that though.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm 

Is the New Caverns of Thracia worth anything?  A local store here has two for 50% off

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Is the New Caverns of Thracia worth anything?  A local store here has two for 50% off

Not really..last one sold for around $14.  Good module though, just not profitable reseller wise.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 am 

LOL. With RAR, if the seller had any brains they could probably have got double that. No reason not to hit $180-200 with a NM copy of RAR.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:15 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:LOL. With RAR, if the seller had any brains they could probably have got double that. No reason not to hit $180-200 with a NM copy of RAR.

I agree that this should have gone for more than the end price.  But what else could the seller have done?  The listing looks fine to me.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I agree that this should have gone for more than the end price.  But what else could the seller have done?  The listing looks fine to me.

The seller probably could have listed it with a BIN fixed price auction instead of open auction.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:36 pm 

To pick up the original thread what about

Seren ironhand
Furioso
brotherhood of the bolt

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:48 pm 

obiter wrote:To pick up the original thread

modern rarities?? :) :)
k mebbe those are in relative years if we're all grognarding w/Daves passing

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 am 

obiter wrote:To pick up the original thread what about

Seren ironhand
Furioso
brotherhood of the bolt

That said, maybe it is about time we started a list of what he board considers to be rare non-TSR. I am looking at a long overdue update to Aftergow2.com, and one of the things I think is missing there is an indication of rarity and value (auction history).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am 

To resurrect an old favorite thread.

When do you suppose one should sell these d20 rares? And how? As an auction or a high BIN ?

I have done some research using bookfinder.com which listed a few RARs and Wilderlands boxes at 155 euro and when i click there' none available. I conclude that someone bought at that price.

Unfortunately they don't pop up on ebay all too often...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:16 am 

I have both RAR and Wilderlands in Mint if someone wants them. But if you're looking to sell, this is not the time. Prices are low right accross the board with very few exceptions. If you're looking to make money selling ATM, 'zines' are selling well. If you're sitting on RAR and Wilderlands, I'd sit on them for another six months to a year. You just cannot find buyers at a good price at the moment.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm 

. wrote:I have both RAR and Wilderlands in Mint if someone wants them. But if you're looking to sell, this is not the time. Prices are low right accross the board with very few exceptions. If you're looking to make money selling ATM, 'zines' are selling well. If you're sitting on RAR and Wilderlands, I'd sit on them for another six months to a year. You just cannot find buyers at a good price at the moment.

Ian is right.

I predict both RAR, Wilderlands, and perhaps a few items like The Witchfire Trilogy HB are going to go way, way up when the recession recedes. I'll keep ahold of these and bide my time.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Ian is right.

I predict both RAR, Wilderlands, and perhaps a few items like The Witchfire Trilogy HB are going to go way, way up when the recession recedes. I'll keep ahold of these and bide my time.

Mike B.

I can't believe the prices for the Iron Kingdoms stuff.  Were these low print runs or just such a popular campaign product no 3.x players want to let them go?  Granted "steampunk" doesn't appeal to me but seeing some of the prices on Ebay and Amazon I'm thinking I should scarf some if I see them "on the cheap." 8O

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext