Upper Works review?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:44 pm 

So why no movement of CZ stock through eBay?

I see the occasional listing for CZ:UW which in understandable. It's a high value item and people like to cash them in. I also see listings for Yggsburgh which is never going to shift on account of the world being flooded with cheap stock. But does the same apply to the gazetteer and the other supplements? Are there so many of these that they won't sell? I just figured, a year on, there would be movement of stock in the marketplaces.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 pm 

My guess would be that people care less about the city supplements than the dungeon, thus they didn't sell as well in the beginning, and may not sell as well now.

I have nothing to back that up - just a guess.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm 

CZ:UW, while down some latetly, is still holding steady at 3-5x cover price:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I think prices for the Yggsburgh City Supplements are dragged down by several factors:

1.  They're even more info about Yggsburgh, which was already heavily detailed in it's 256 page hardcover

2.  They were published several years after the main book

3.  The series was never completed

4.  They weren't written by Gygax

5.  They were never well-promoted/marketed and most folks weren't aware that they existed (I've never seen a Yggsburgh city supplement in a retail store, for example, although I'm sure that they must have been distributed to stores at some points, since I've seen stores selling them on eBay)

YMMV, of course!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 pm 

Yes, the supplements were available through stores.  I picked up a few copies of things from 4 or 5 different stores across Canada.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 pm 

I wish I could find copies of all the City Supplements.
I am still missing several of them. :(

Ironically, I have extra copies of a few other C&C items, including extra copies of two of the City Supplements.

Anyone wish to do some trading? 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 pm 

I have spare copies of East Mark Gazetteer (in shrink) and Moat Gate (Mint) if anyone wants to trade. The rest I think I only have 1 copy of. I'm looking for a 1st print (blue/grey) Dark Chateau.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I have spare copies of East Mark Gazetteer (in shrink) and Moat Gate (Mint) if anyone wants to trade. The rest I think I only have 1 copy of. I'm looking for a 1st print (blue/grey) Dark Chateau.

I have never seen a copy of the CZ city supplements in shrink.  I believe that they were sent to distributors or stores un-shrunk in the same way that the CZ:UW were un-shrunk.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm 

I am looking for each of the following items:
Town Halls
Free Town
East Corner
The Outs Inn

As far as I know, other than what I listed above and below those are the only Yggsburgh City related items that were published.
And IIRC The Outs Inn was only published as a PDF… but I do not even have that.

I have one copy of the East Mark Gazetteer, which I am actually using on a regular basis, so I would like to have an extra copy of that…. As a backup.

I have extra copies of the following items:
Three extra copies of The Moat Gate
One extra copy of the Storehouse District.
Two extra SWed Copies of Rings of Brass (After Winters Dark Folio)
One extra copy of the Yggsburgh Book with Map.
One extra copy of The Codex of Erde with Map. (Might keep both of those though).

Also have Two copies of the Upper Works Box Sets, one of which I MIGHT be willing to sell, or trade.

I only have a single copy of Dark Chateau (Grey version), which was previously used as a store copy by the original owner (The Modules cover has a sticker proving it… STORE COPY).
I got it through an E-Bay sale a long time ago and I have used it (gaming) several times.
I have never even seen any other Dark Chateau's of any version (color).

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 pm 

The only one that I have found fairly consistently in shrink is East Mark Gazetteer which makes sense because otherwise stuff in the folder would go missing.

I think a bunch of your want list are only pdfs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I am looking for each of the following items:
Town Halls
Free Town
East Corner
The Outs Inn

As far as I know, other than what I listed above and below those are the only Yggsburgh City related items that were published.
And IIRC The Outs Inn was only published as a PDF… but I do not even have that.

I have one copy of the East Mark Gazetteer, which I am actually using on a regular basis, so I would like to have an extra copy of that…. As a backup.

I have extra copies of the following items:
Three extra copies of The Moat Gate
One extra copy of the Storehouse District.
Two extra SWed Copies of Rings of Brass (After Winters Dark Folio)
One extra copy of the Yggsburgh Book with Map.
One extra copy of The Erde Codex with Map. (Might keep both of those though).

Also have Two copies of the Upper Works Box Sets, one of which I MIGHT be willing to sell, or trade.

I only have a single copy of Dark Chateau (Grey version), which was previously used as a store copy by the original owner (The Modules cover has a sticker proving it… STORE COPY).
I got it through an E-Bay sale a long time ago and I have used it (gaming) several times.
I have never even seen any other Dark Chateau's of any version (color).

The Out's Inn .pdf, per the old TrollLord site had the following notice: "NOTE: The Outs Inn is drawn directly from the already published Hardback book Castle Zagyg Vol. I: Yggsburgh. This pdf is drawn directly from that manuscript and is offered here in pdf format for those who like Inns, or for those who wish to sample Castle Zagyg's flavor and have not had the opportunity."

As to "Free Town", each of the district products had a full title of "Free Town of Yggsburgh: [Product Name]" (ex. Free Town of Yggsburgh: Town Halls).  I don't remember a product called just "Free Town".  

I also do not recall "East Corner".  Could this product have been .pdf only?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:54 pm 

East Corner is a pdf only one too.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:08 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I have never seen a copy of the CZ city supplements in shrink.  I believe that they were sent to distributors or stores un-shrunk in the same way that the CZ:UW were un-shrunk.

I don't recall the East Mark Gazetteer at GenCon being in shrink, though it was when I bought it after the Con. Course I'm now unsure if I got it direct from the Troll Lords or another online store.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:48 pm 

The GenCon version probably wasn't in shrink.  They were signed and I am guessing this was done shortly before the con so no time or place to shrink them after?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 pm 

Everything I know of that has CZ content:

CZ1: Yggsburgh
CZ2: Upper Works
CZ9: East Mark Gazetteer
CZ10: Town Halls
CZ11: Moat Gate
CZ12: Storehouse District
CZA1: Dark Chateau
Quick Start Rules
CZPDF1: Class Options & Skills For Yggsburgh
CZPDF2: Yggsburgh Player's Maps
CZPDF3: Outs Inn
CZPDF4: East Corner (CZ13)
Crusader Magazine 11
Crusader Magazine 12

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:57 pm 

The Quick Start Rules are the Free RPG day one.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:29 am 

The Quickstart Rules has just a short section on the "Workhouse", and it looked like all of the info on this was repeated in CZ10: Town Halls.

I though Jeff T. said that Crusaders 9 & 10 also had CZ info? Also, the cover of issue 13 has some of the art from the project.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 am 

Mars wrote:The only one that I have found fairly consistently in shrink is East Mark Gazetteer which makes sense because otherwise stuff in the folder would go missing.

I think a bunch of your want list are only pdfs.

Yes, all the copies I've seen in store are shrinked. Presumably because they passed through the distribution chain and it's the only way to ensure the stuff inside doesn't 'go missing'. The supplements I've seen tend to be unshrunk like with other TLG modules.
Plaag wrote:
I don't recall the East Mark Gazetteer at GenCon being in shrink, though it was when I bought it after the Con. Course I'm now unsure if I got it direct from the Troll Lords or another online store.

ShaneG.

I recall someone reporting that they were not shrinked, and speculation that they contained an additional map or a map printed differently from the general release version, but I do not recall the specifics.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:51 am 

Zenopus wrote:I though Jeff T. said that Crusaders 9 & 10 also had CZ info? Also, the cover of issue 13 has some of the art from the project.

Background on the project, not anything game usable, as far as I know.

PreviousNext