Upper Works review?
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 32123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 303132
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:19 pm 

Aneoth wrote:How would someone get the PDFs since they are no longer officially available?

Currently I don't think there is a way where you can legally obtain these PDFs.  I would guess that the author's have copies of the PDFs but these products also contain references to Castle Zagyg so such bits would have to be removed for the products to be rereleased (similar for the printed items).

As Serleran has said, some may be released in the future with Castle Zagyg references removed or possibly rereleased by Gygax Games with the Castle Zagyg references left in.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:08 pm 

I would never go so far as to condone the use of Torrents. They're full of stuff like that, and Google make it far too easy to search for illegal downloads. It's very wrong, so don't do it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 pm 

Troll Lord Games still have a Castle Zagyg adventure available for download, contrary to their apparent agreement with Trigee. It is a freeby (3 pages) in the Castles & Crusades Quick Start Rules (the one with the purple Castle Zagyg Adventure Inside! sticker), and it's called Castle Zagyg: The Workhouse of Yggsburgh Town by Jeff Talanian.

Might be worth downloading before it gets deleted as well.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Troll Lord Games still have a Castle Zagyg adventure available for download, contrary to their apparent agreement with Trigee. It is a freeby (3 pages) in the Castles & Crusades Quick Start Rules (the one with the purple Castle Zagyg Adventure Inside! sticker), and it's called Castle Zagyg: The Workhouse of Yggsburgh Town by Jeff Talanian.

Might be worth downloading before it gets deleted as well.

Nice find....  :D

Here's the link

http://trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf

Enjoy :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:53 am 

The freebie on RPGNow is the same, but it has covers.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:34 pm 

I welcome Zanarchist to the drama that is Amazon: Upper Works.

Mine is new/shrinkwrapped, and his is like new/not shrinked.  However, his is $50 cheaper at $199.99.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I welcome Zanarchist to the drama that is Amazon: Upper Works.

Mine is new/shrinkwrapped, and his is like new/not shrinked.  However, his is $50 cheaper at $199.99.

Yes I did the Amazon thing. If I sell it ok and if I don't that's ok too. But a sell would let get more Basic/Expert stuff:)
John

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm 

Just out of curiosity, is it easy or a pain in the rumpkiss to set up an account and list items for sale on Amazon?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:48 pm 

Mars wrote:Just out of curiosity, is it easy or a pain in the rumpkiss to set up an account and list items for sale on Amazon?

Canada, I dunno.  Probably simple.

U.S., simple.  I don't remember what I had to provide.  At a minimum I believe I needed a bank account (for payments) and a mailing address of some sort.  I don't think I needed to provide a credit card number.

Amazon makes a "disbursement" (transfer to your bank account) every two weeks.  A disbursement can be manually requested as often as every 24 hours or thereabouts, though it takes 3 - 5 days to actually make it to the bank.  I think you need to have sold a certain minimum amount.

Is that vague enough for you?   :oops:  Amazon is painless.  I remember PayPal being a big pain.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm 

This could be useful.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Canada, I dunno.  Probably simple.

Quick check into it and it just became very difficult.  Since the Castle Zagyg boxed set never made it into the Amazon.ca circulation, it is not in their catalog.  I tried to list one for sale and was told:

**Please note: Because the item you indicated is not currently in our catalog, it is ineligible for Amazon Marketplace selling

Only items that are in our catalog can be listed for sale at Amazon Marketplace. Please consider listing a different item for sale at Amazon Marketplace.

I guess I could always put another one up on Amazon.com :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 am 

Same in the UK. We can't sell them on Amazon either. Furthermore, we can't list them on Amazon.com either, as they prevent sellers with non-US addresses from listing. I've come accross this before. The belief seems to be that US buyers only buy US products, and UK buyers only buy mainstream US products . So they select those products UK buyers will want to buy and ban those products they won't want to buy.

I don't know if Canada has a more cosy relationship with Amazon.com, but here in the UK it's a case that we have to accept US control.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 am 

Castle Zagyg: Upper Works on eBay with no reserve...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:14 pm 

If you have to have one right now at any price....here you go:

U.S. only though.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:26 pm 

I listed an extra copy last night at 4:30 am to coincide with the ending of Ian's auction:

It sold within hours at $175.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:59 am 

This copy was mentioned on the interesting item threads already, but I note the seller has changed the description.  He says it is missing a map, based on pictures from previous auctions which included a "brown" map.  Both the recent UK-based auction and Mars' copy do in fact have 4 maps, including a brown one.

However, I found 3 reviews online (grodog, Grognardia and ENWorld), all of which explicitly describe the set with only 3 maps.

So what's the deal here, does a complete set have 4 maps or 3?  Is this guy selling a complete set or is the poor bastard one map short?

Edited for grammar and spelling.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:31 am 

6 Books & 4 Maps

Double sided map entitled 'Castle Zagyg Wilderness Map', players' on one side, castle keeper's on the other.
Single sided 'brown' map detailing the Mouths of Madness cave complexes.
Single sided BW map detailing the storeroom level of the bungeon beneath the castle mound.
Single sided BW map detailing the castle presinct above ground.

Note that the first two colour maps are also available in the East Mark Gazetteer, so if you're missing one, then buy a copy of the EMG.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:17 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:6 Books & 4 Maps

Double sided map entitled 'Castle Zagyg Wilderness Map', players' on one side, castle keeper's on the other.
Single sided 'brown' map detailing the Mouths of Madness cave complexes.
Single sided BW map detailing the storeroom level of the bungeon beneath the castle mound.
Single sided BW map detailing the castle presinct above ground.

Note that the first two colour maps are also available in the East Mark Gazetteer, so if you're missing one, then buy a copy of the EMG.

The seller (and each of the reviews!) implies that the brown Mouth of Madness and Storeroom maps are on the same map...  It will be interesting to see how that poll turns out.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 32123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 303132