GenCon 2008 DCCs @ NK
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:#17.5 is the rare one.
Anyone know if GG intend to release their two 1E Gencon modles in PDF like the rest of their publications?
The KN Logo on the Saga of the Rat King really sucks BTW. It looks like a really blurred blown up bitmap. Certainly makes the module feel cheap and trashy.

Watch out for the DCC#35 pdf. It was a real mess and I ended up getting a refund because it just wouldn't work. It is also a 385meg download.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:18 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Watch out for the DCC#35 pdf. It was a real mess and I ended up getting a refund because it just wouldn't work. It is also a 385meg download.

It's very unfortunate that you had problems with the DCC#35 pdf.  The DCC campaign setting is a good one.  I'm sure something could have been worked out eventually with Goodman Games directly.  But, of course, I understand the frustration of buying a pdf but not being able to get it.  That is one of the selling points of pdfs, after all.  

When I bought the DCC #35 pdf for myself (yes, I bought it for myself, even though I'm a confirmed JG Wilderlands guy) I didn't have any troubles doing so.  It is a huge zip file, and even using a fast connection it took a while to pull down.  But I didn't have any problems with it.  My office pc, on the other hand, has a lot of trouble with large pdf files (must...get...new...machine...).

tj

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:25 pm 

dbartman wrote:I received an answer from Aaron Leeder, of Noble Knight Games, on the quantities produced for Saga of the Rat King and The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl.

He stated that there were 300 total produced of each, 200 went to NKG.

So, a very limited quantity.  They probably won't last long since they appear to be top sellers.

Wow indeed!  I didn't know the size of the print runs for either of these AD&D DCCs, though from what I saw of the INSIDE of the Goodman Games booth, I'd have guessed the number on hand at Gen Con would have been greater than 100 each.    I'm a little surprised NKG would release that little tidbit of information, but I guess there's no real harm done in making that information public.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:41 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Wow, so only 100 each at Gencon....no wonder they were gone by the 2nd day.  Yep, sounds like a pretty low printrun...I'd get my copies now!

Mike B.

Hey Mike (and anyone else here at the Acaeum forums, for that matter) -

What are your thoughs on whether there is sufficient interest in further 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure modules to warrant their conversion from their 3.5 Edition DCC counterparts?  

I've said it before, on these forums and in other places as well, that there are a number of the 3.5 Ed DCC's that I'd like to convert to AD&D, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm still interested in doing the conversion work.  There are still quite a few outstanding DCC's that have not been converted to AD&D, IMHO.  What I don't have any sense of is whether there continues to be interest in the converted DCC modules beyond the ones already released by Goodman Games.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.

tacojohn4547

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:57 pm 

Hi,

only 100 seems very low to me. Before the hall opened, I saw at least 15 dealers buying them on the Thursday. Most seemed to be getting 2 copies of each.

How many did Acaeum members pick up?

I got 4 of each, for various people.

Cheers,
Malc

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm 

tacojohn4547 wrote:

It's very unfortunate that you had problems with the DCC#35 pdf.  The DCC campaign setting is a good one.  I'm sure something could have been worked out eventually with Goodman Games directly.  But, of course, I understand the frustration of buying a pdf but not being able to get it.  That is one of the selling points of pdfs, after all.  

When I bought the DCC #35 pdf for myself (yes, I bought it for myself, even though I'm a confirmed JG Wilderlands guy) I didn't have any troubles doing so.  It is a huge zip file, and even using a fast connection it took a while to pull down.  But I didn't have any problems with it.  My office pc, on the other hand, has a lot of trouble with large pdf files (must...get...new...machine...).

tj

The guy from drivethrui refunded my money and said he was getting errors trying to open the file. Is it still up on the drivethru site?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm 

tacojohn4547 wrote:

What are your thoughs on whether there is sufficient interest in further 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure modules to warrant their conversion from their 3.5 Edition DCC counterparts?  

I've said it before, on these forums and in other places as well, that there are a number of the 3.5 Ed DCC's that I'd like to convert to AD&D, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm still interested in doing the conversion work.  There are still quite a few outstanding DCC's that have not been converted to AD&D, IMHO.  What I don't have any sense of is whether there continues to be interest in the converted DCC modules beyond the ones already released by Goodman Games.

tacojohn4547

Which DCCs have been converted to 1e?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:21 pm 

tacojohn4547 wrote:

tacojohn4547

I've been converting 3 & 3.5 edition modules for years, so it's pretty simple for me, but it would certainly make it a little easier to pick one up and use it.

Also, Both of the GC modules were gone Friday morning so it now makes sense if dealers were picking them up Thursday.  The hall was closed by the time we got in Thursday.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Which DCCs have been converted to 1e?

GG 1st edition modules:
http://www.goodman-games.com/1e.html

Fan Conversions - First Edition

DCC #2: Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho: 1E conversion by John Martin based on C&C conversion by Barrataria (60K Word file)
DCC #5: Aerie of the Crow God: 1E conversion by G. B. MacKenzie (116K Word file)
DCC #6: Temple of the Dragon Cult: 1E conversion by Stefan Poag (32K Word file)
DCC #7: Secret of Smugglers Cove: 1E conversion by Rich Franks (76K Word file)
DCC #51.5: Sinister Secret of Whiterock: Fan conversion on Dragonsfoot forums

Links located at the bottom of this page:
http://www.goodman-games.com/dcc-resources.html

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm 

i would certainly be interested in purchasing them in a 1E version

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 pm 

So, is the flipbook really available from NKG? I got my order, but neither is what I would call a flipbook.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 pm 

When you flip it over it's another adventure book.

Did you buy The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 pm 

I bought both of the NKG DCCs. Not particularly thrilled with either of them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 pm 

serleran wrote:So, is the flipbook really available from NKG? I got my order, but neither is what I would call a flipbook.

Yes, it's available from NKG. My order arrived yesterday and contains copies of the same books that we had at the booth for Gen Con.  

Serl, what were you expecting in the way of a flipbook?  The blue/tan cover book is absolutely a flipbook.  The "back" adventure is unreadable unless you flip the book over, because of the inverted/reversed (flipbook) layout.

The Saga of the Rat King book is not a flipbook and wasn't advertised as being one.

Thanks for your interest, though.   :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:03 pm 

serleran wrote:I bought both of the NKG DCCs. Not particularly thrilled with either of them.

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with either of the books.  But, like I said on the Trolls boards following last year's Gen Con (in a discussioin about Saga of the Witch Queen), it's hard to please everyone.  I don't take it personally, of course.  :)

Sage Collector

I see. My definition of a flipbook is entirely different then. I was thinking it would be more like those Dark Sun modules that came in the first box set, where you flip the pages from bottom to top. No biggie. I guess I have it, then.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

tacojohn4547,

Didn't all of the Saga of the Rat King copies, even those sold at GenCon, have the Noble Knight Games logo?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:06 pm 

dbartman wrote:Didn't the Saga of the Rat King copies sold at GenCon already have the Noble Knight Games logo?

Mine has a sex-ay GenCon logo.

PreviousNext