GenCon 2008 DCCs @ NK
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3
Author


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5658
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:21 pm 
 

http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetai ... 2147581483
and
http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetai ... 2147581484


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:37 am 
 

Just my taste, but too bad about the NK logo on the module.


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6425
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:32 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Just my taste, but too bad about the NK logo on the module.


:?:


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 675
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:40 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
:?:


I agree, what logo are we talking about?


Therapy-level collector

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 607
Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: Evergreen, CO

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:44 pm 
 

The Noble Knight version of Saga of the Rat King has a Noble Knight logo on the cover.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 675
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:50 pm 
 

Ahh. Pays to read the descriptions  :lol:


Therapy-level collector

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm 
 

Canceling your order, then?


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 675
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:01 pm 
 

I will probably pick them up in my next order.


Therapy-level collector

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2002
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 pm 
 

Only the Saga of the Rat King has the Noble Knight's logo.  It's still a limited run and labeled as GMGGC08.  The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl is GMGGC08-2.

I would have purchased them no matter what but it would be nice to know how many were produced of each module.  I don't recall it being discussed.  Anyone know how many of each of these were produced?

By the way, I believe the Saga of the Witch Queen (2007 GenCon) is sold out.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3828
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 07, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm 
 

dbartman wrote:Only the Saga of the Rat King has the Noble Knight's logo.  It's still a limited run and labeled as GMGGC08.  The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl is GMGGC08-2.

I would have purchased them no matter what but it would be nice to know how many were produced of each module.  I don't recall it being discussed.  Anyone know how many of each of these were produced?

By the way, I believe the Saga of the Witch Queen (2007 GenCon) is sold out.


I posted a list of sold out DCC stuff on the other thread this morning if anyone is interested. And my Rat King and Golden Auroch arrived today but I ahven't a chance to go through them yet. With the 50% off sale I'm now only a handful short (all key modules) of completeing my DCC run.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 pm 
 

dbartman wrote:I would have purchased them no matter what but it would be nice to know how many were produced of each module.  I don't recall it being discussed.  Anyone know how many of each of these were produced?


I asked a few people that I thought might be in the know regarding the print runs for these and I got the same answer from all of them:  "Don't know and Goodman isnt telling."  And Saga of the Witch Queen is sold out.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1661
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm 
 

When I was ordering the Rat King module, I noticed the Saga of the Witch Queen entry was gone from Goodman (which happens whenever they sell out of something). But later I noticed that it was back, with the following note, which is still there:

" *Please note, this item is not currently in stock, but will be within 10 days. If you add this item to your order, your order will ship when it arrives. Last copies ever."

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 17, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 pm 
 

zhowar wrote:When I was ordering the Rat King module, I noticed the Saga of the Witch Queen entry was gone from Goodman (which happens whenever they sell out of something). But later I noticed that it was back, with the following note, which is still there:

" *Please note, this item is not currently in stock, but will be within 10 days. If you add this item to your order, your order will ship when it arrives. Last copies ever."


Noble Knight still has copies of Witch Queen, but not for half off.  It's a pretty good compilation, as a matter of fact!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2002
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm 
 

I received an answer from Aaron Leeder, of Noble Knight Games, on the quantities produced for Saga of the Rat King and The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl.

He stated that there were 300 total produced of each, 200 went to NKG.

So, a very limited quantity.  They probably won't last long since they appear to be top sellers.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3828
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 07, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 pm 
 

zhowar wrote:When I was ordering the Rat King module, I noticed the Saga of the Witch Queen entry was gone from Goodman (which happens whenever they sell out of something). But later I noticed that it was back, with the following note, which is still there:

" *Please note, this item is not currently in stock, but will be within 10 days. If you add this item to your order, your order will ship when it arrives. Last copies ever."


Do you mean War of the Witch Queen (NK is out of these too)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 17, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 am 
 

dbartman wrote:I received an answer from Aaron Leeder, of Noble Knight Games, on the quantities produced for Saga of the Rat King and The Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl.

He stated that there were 300 total produced of each, 200 went to NKG.

So, a very limited quantity.  They probably won't last long since they appear to be top sellers.


Wow, so only 100 each at Gencon....no wonder they were gone by the 2nd day.  Yep, sounds like a pretty low printrun...I'd get my copies now!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1661
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 am 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Do you mean War of the Witch Queen (NK is out of these too)


No, I just double-checked & it is definitely Saga. Here's the link:

http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetai ... 2147581500

I don't know whether it is accurate or not, it's just what is written there.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3828
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 07, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:23 am 
 

zhowar wrote:
No, I just double-checked & it is definitely Saga. Here's the link:

http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetai ... 2147581500

I don't know whether it is accurate or not, it's just what is written there.


It is definitely not War of the Witch Queen, the Goodman games site mentions Saga but the link is dead.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 91
Joined: Jun 22, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2012

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:25 am 
 

War was #17.5 if memory serves, written for the 3.5 ruleset and released for Dragoncon (?).

Saga was the AD&D compilation of #17, 17.5 and a bridging adventure.

Best I can tell, War is nearly impossible to come by. Looks like someone found a case of Saga on some pallet.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6425
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 21, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am 
 

#17.5 is the rare one.
Anyone know if GG intend to release their two 1E Gencon modles in PDF like the rest of their publications?
The KN Logo on the Saga of the Rat King really sucks BTW. It looks like a really blurred blown up bitmap. Certainly makes the module feel cheap and trashy.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3