Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 120123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 118119120
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:12 pm 

DW, like its inverse WD, also did not cover a single game in the beginning, that I can recall anyway... so you can find a plethora of useful things, often better than what may have been available elsewhere, or at least on the same par.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 pm 

Tossing Dragon into the conversation briefly, one of the reasons I really enjoyed issues ... say, 25 or so until about 60 or 70 or so (rough estimates) ... was that they covered a surprising amount of non-TSR material. Hell, Dragon used to a have a section for new Squad Leader scenarios. It really was more of a "gamer's magazine" back then.

And then a memo must have come down. I can just picture it: "Effective on this date, Dragon will be all TSR, all the time." It's at that exact point in time that the magazine, generally, became less interesting (although, granted, it was invaluable to the hardcore TSR fans of the era).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm 

Badmike wrote:DW and Space Gamer should be highly sought after for their review sections alone. Lots of 3rd party, hard to find stuff are given very competent reviews in these pages.

What I always find interesting is to go through the reviews and see just how many of them were written by people who went on to work in the industry/hobby.

Though I will say that I'm a little less enamored of the last 8 or so issues (the Sleuth Publications era) than I am of the ones that came before. I just found the quality and focus to be slipping somewhat compared to previous ones.

(Also, reading A Letter From Gigi now is great.  You can go through and see which rumours were true and which were just wild speculation. :lol: )

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm 

g026r wrote:What I always find interesting is to go through the reviews and see just how many of them were written by people who went on to work in the industry/hobby.

Space Gamer alone was like a prep school for future gaming employment. And Steve Jackson himself would often say in his editor's notes something to the effect of, "Want to get a foot in the door? Write stuff for the magazines."

Of course, that was a golden era. There were at least eight or 10 professional gaming magazines coming out every month.

Okay, now I'm sad. Drinking commencing at 10:35 a.m.!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:14 pm 

Seller carverdakota has one lot containing Field Regulations from TSR, Mitre, Mustache, & Musket from TAC-50 (?), Napoleonique/Encore, and Uncle Duke's Napoleonette:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seller also has other wargames, though I don't know wargames.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:34 pm 

At the risk of pimping an unknown seller's goods, aquabob79 has a ton of RPG auctions on eBay --- DCC 17.5 (Saga of the Witch Queen), GenCon DCC (Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl), TSR modules, CoC, Lejendary Adventures, Over the Edge, Ptolus, Tribe8, and more.

. . . eBay listings

He emphasizes that the books are in good shape and not necessarily collector-grade condition.  But they don't look to be trashed.  He looks like he was a completist for many RPGs.   8O

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:29 pm 

Codex of Erde.

Just $4.99 with no bids right now.

Four days left.

This book includes a large map and is a very good place to insert Castles and Crusades Adventures into.

Since it was the First World Setting for it.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:At the risk of pimping an unknown seller's goods, aquabob79 has a ton of RPG auctions on eBay --- DCC 17.5 (Saga of the Witch Queen), GenCon DCC (Golden Auroch/Tower of the Black Pearl), TSR modules, CoC, Lejendary Adventures, Over the Edge, Ptolus, Tribe8, and more.

. . . eBay listings

aquabob is good people.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 am 

grodog wrote:aquabob is good people.

Pity they're all US-only. :(

Actually, probably not, as I really should be pruning my collection rather than adding to it at the moment. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:24 pm 

g026r wrote:Pity they're all US-only. :(

I think I wanted to bid on some of his past auctions but didn't because of this as well.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:03 pm 

A copy of Monsters Monsters is up for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0391052535

It is the $7 version.  I seem to remember that there is a $5.95 version too.  Not sure which would be the first print (or even some other version).  ??

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:18 pm 

I concluded a trade of games with a guy in Italia recently and he sent his game a day before I sent mine to him. His shipment got to me in under a week while he's still waiting on my shipment to him. He said it's common for stuff he ships to arrive quickly elsewhere but it's typical to have a long delay for him to receive. I've shipped to Italy 4-5 other times without problems..and I forgot,my Palace Vampire Queen is on it's way to Italy as well.
I used to subscribe to the Economist too. Just can't keep up with it as I want to read every article. The WSJ keeps me busy enough
Alexander1968 wrote:
I beg to differ. Albeit I find amazing to defend any piece of the Italian government, Post Office included, I must say I have bought A LOT of things from the UK and so fare NOTHING has ever been lost in the past three years. I could be incredibly, amazingly, blindly lucky or perhaps some opinions about the Italian Post Office are exaggerated.

More, I must say they are getting really quick in handling priority mail for foreign countries - my last shipment of manga comic books to Spain (perhaps the buyer wanted them because they were not translated in Spanish...) took two days to arrive... Iknow because I sell quite a good number of things to France, UK, Spain, Germany, etc.

I know that British people have a soft spot for Italy-bashing - no denials please, I read the Economist every week and I recognize sniding remarks when I see them... I am sure my country has a lot of problems and the Italian government still more, but this time this scorn is not deserved... fully  :P

This said, an intelligent person always uses registered/signed for services when ordering something valuable. I do this all time here when I buy something of important, in Italy and overseas. Trust me, Spartacus, a registered letter/envelope/package will NOT get lost...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:22 pm 

Faster, Pussycat wrote:A copy of Monsters Monsters is up for sale on ebay.

It is the $7 version.  I seem to remember that there is a $5.95 version too.  Not sure which would be the first print (or even some other version).  ??

$7 + serl still wants?? viewtopic.php?p=129184#129184

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:15 pm 

Faster, Pussycat wrote:A copy of Monsters Monsters is up for sale on ebay.

Hey if someone here wins this, send us a scan for the Wiki, then we'll have all three versions scanned.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:27 pm 

Here's some early RQ items.

eBay listings ... ec0Q2em282

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/TULAN-OF-THE-ISLES- ... 7C294%3A50

Original Tulan. Is this overpriced or on the money? Ive never watched one of these sell.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 pm 

Ridiculously priced.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:

Original Tulan. Is this overpriced or on the money? Ive never watched one of these sell.

Worth $30-50. I'd say $35-40 in the pictured condition. I just sold a copy in better condition for £30 whatever that works out at, and my prices tend to hover around the upper end of the condition/price bracket. The thing you should be looking at are the three remaining merchant ships and ships warships products. Those are rediculously rare and worth $50+ a piece in any condition. Unfortunately TFM took the first one, so is probably gonna bid on the remaining three, and he's got deep pockets.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 120123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 118119120