Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 120123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:48 am 

spartacus wrote:both Dragonlords and Lords & Wizards I bought ziplock circa 1979. Both of them sold to the same individual `harami2000` who I`ve heard mention of here. Seems to be an alright guy with a positive regard from the regulars here.
On another note a `fusky1975` in Italia just bought Palace for $330. Do I need to be concerned? I`ve shipped dozens of wargames to foreign countries without an issue, but some of this D&D collector`s market seems to have `issues`.
I shipped Dwarven Glory to `winkarama` in NC via priority with delivery confirmation and insurance. As of yet I haven`t heard from him about it`s arrival. I haven`t checked myself but I`m fairly sure it would have arrived by now.

When you ship with delivery confirmation it is always handy to check the status of the shipment to avoid any surprises or complications. Sometimes postal workers will simply not deliver a package and take it back to the post office to be held and then returned. If you can catch this you can inform your customer and have then call or check with their local post office to arrange for a redelivery.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 am 

spartacus wrote:both Dragonlords and Lords & Wizards I bought ziplock circa 1979. Both of them sold to the same individual `harami2000` who I`ve heard mention of here. Seems to be an alright guy with a positive regard from the regulars here.
On another note a `fusky1975` in Italia just bought Palace for $330. Do I need to be concerned? I`ve shipped dozens of wargames to foreign countries without an issue, but some of this D&D collector`s market seems to have `issues`.

That Harami's a dodgy bloke, would be very careful there ( :lol:  :wink: j/k, David's a stand up guy, so no need to worry there)

As for shipping to Italy - ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get your parcel insured/registered/signed for/whatever - No aspersion on Italians but there post office is a black hole where parcels go to die!!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:59 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Eat The Rich

What is this other more interesting lot you speak of?

I've been feeling fairly sad about a number of auction lots that have come up. Hard times starting and another player dumps his collection for far less than he probably paid for it. That C&C collection I just bought has the same feel. This such a niche hobby anymore that I might even know the person who dumped their C&C stuff. This sucks. Im gonna pop in a bad movie (Horror Express - Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalis (sp) as a cossack.  This picture always cheers me up.)
I got drunk on the island (Khortytsa) in the Dnepr river near Zaporozhye, the home of the Cossacks. I got pics on my other computer. Gorgeous women in the Ukraine but the language barrier is hard to overcome. So few of anyone knows English and the Cyrillic alphabet is too much of a bitch to even try to learn key phrases. Whole sections of Zaporozhye today were built by German prisoners of war. Blocks and blocks for miles

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller andruen has two interesting items:

Lejendary Adventures rulebook (limited edition version, #221 of 1000):
. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seven I.C.E. catalogs:
. . .  
I have something called `The Iron Wind` by Iron Crown Enterprises 1980 that`s 68 pages and perfect. Bunch of cool maps and many are multicolored. some of the maps look very professional and have like elevation numbers on the rings of a mountain.

My Judge`s Guild stuff I`m still sorting. I used much of the JG stuff for my world. I`m wondering should I save or toss my own material or include it with sales. Like I have locations on maps marked with stuff I designed myself. I would think it`s not of value until I read a post by a guy who said he likes getting other people`s original crap. I`ve been throwing it away

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:20 am 

spartacus wrote:I have something called `The Iron Wind` by Iron Crown Enterprises 1980 that`s 68 pages and perfect. Bunch of cool maps and many are multicolored. some of the maps look very professional and have like elevation numbers on the rings of a mountain.

quality product + content was $40-50 average not sure recent. for date you have parchment cover on that not multicolor?? parchment was first as on http://www.icewebring.com/ICE_Products/ ... Wind_1.php
good luck sorting jg maps + find not missing

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:31 am 

spartacus wrote:I got drunk on the island (Khortytsa) in the Dnepr river near Zaporozhye, the home of the Cossacks. I got pics on my other computer. Gorgeous women in the Ukraine but the language barrier is hard to overcome. So few of anyone knows English and the Cyrillic alphabet is too much of a bitch to even try to learn key phrases. Whole sections of Zaporozhye today were built by German prisoners of war. Blocks and blocks for miles

The cossacks themselves speak a sub-dialect of ukrainian so it makes communication even more difficult. Of course eastern europe is a hodge podge of languages and cultures with borders and nations appearing and disappearing throughout history.

The trick to speaking any foreign language is to, of course, speak very slowly and loudly with as many hand gestures as possible. Works like a charm every time.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:The trick to speaking any foreign language is to, of course, speak very slowly and loudly with as many hand gestures as possible. Works like a charm every time.

Jason, you could almost be a member of the Great British Empire! (Throw in some casual racism and general Xenophobia and you'll be home and dry :lol:  :wink: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 am 

gyg wrote:
Jason, you could almost be a member of the Great British Empire! (Throw in some casual racism and general Xenophobia and you'll be home and dry :lol:  :wink: )

Serves me right. I was just reading some Terry Pratchett (Witches Abroad).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:02 pm 

Here's a DCC 35 with only 5 hrs or so left at a reasonable price:

And another one ending tomorrow:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:33 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:quality product + content was $40-50 average not sure recent. for date you have parchment cover on that not multicolor?? parchment was first as on http://www.icewebring.com/ICE_Products/ ... Wind_1.php
good luck sorting jg maps + find not missing
It's a first print and everything is bound in the book. So there shouldn't be any missing maps. The center staples are quite solid and it's obvious they haven't been manipulated. I'll probably list this after I get the Chivalry & Sorcery Sourcebook up and the C&S Castle Plans. C&S itself is already up. I'm starting through my JG collection commencing with the initial issue of the JG journal and will follow chronologically.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm 

Castle Zagyg:  Upper Works for $199 BIN or $135 starting bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0319193818

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:50 pm 

Fez 1 and Nanorien Stones buried under this Tower of Magicks:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:20 pm 

Grug,

Thanks for the heads up.  I just grabbed it.  

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:02 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:Castle Zagyg:  Upper Works for $199 BIN or $135 starting bid.

Someone took the BIN already!  Makes me wish I had a couple more of these sitting around.

^^Guess I should've read before posting, lol.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 am 

gyg wrote:
That Harami's a dodgy bloke, would be very careful there ( :lol:  :wink: j/k, David's a stand up guy, so no need to worry there)

As for shipping to Italy - ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get your parcel insured/registered/signed for/whatever - No aspersion on Italians but there post office is a black hole where parcels go to die!!
I checked out my options for this Italia shipment and basically insurance is worthless as it`s only covered until it reaches customs. for about 20 and change I can get it there registered but from what I remember I can`t really get any gaurantees once it`s in Italy. I`ve shipped wargames to Italy 3 times at least w/o issues. but here we`re talking about 330 for a booklet the size and thickness of which is available free at interstate rest areas. I jest but there does seem to be more funny bidness in the RPG collectibles market. I took pics of my packing at stages and am just going to send it registered (I forget at the moment why registered was preferred over priority) and be done with it. they would have a hard time winning a misfeasance or nonfeasance case against me as I`ve had none of that kind of conduct in me paypal past. and it`s not like I`m going to skip town and retire on a beach in madagascar on 3 bills
on another note dwarven glory was delivered may 6 and I haven`t heard from the buyer. you think I might get some kind of acknowledgement (I pack very well) pro or con for a 298 purchase

I`m gradually getting the remainder of my kit up for auction. I generally start stuff at below 10 and there`s a chance you can get a bargain

weird shit happens on ebay
one afternoon fvking around at work (my family owns a funeral home and cemetery- so I can screw around-paid my dues already) and I see a mint Hube`s pocket for about 28 with 5 min to go
hubes goes for 200+ everytime
whoa..some ebay title `gamerwife`
ah ha...some dude`s wife is selling off him games, likely w/o him knowledge, and doing a very poor and lazy job of marketing
and there`s that guy sitting with the lone bid at 28
sweating that 5 minutes-prolly about to pee himself
I jacked hube`s up to about mid 160 before I cut bait in that 5 minutes
that was fun

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am 

East Mark Gazeteer autographed by Gygax

also seller has some other autographed items

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:03 am 

All the Worlds Monsters - Seller has ... hey! I know this guy! :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:43 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
I think this is far more interesting....

Didn't sell.  ($200 opening bid)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 120123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 118119120