Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 120123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:06 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

2nd print? The water damage damage is a killer.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 am 

I had these boxed. Is this a zip lock version or just one where the box is missing?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:18 am 

Sealed MPC Orc War, 20 hours to go, $15 min mid, 0 bids:  

Fez1 in very nice shape (slight tear to green folder) @ $80 @ Wayne's World of Books @ http://www.waynesbooks.net/?page=shop/f ... 8da9336a76

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:16 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:I had these boxed. Is this a zip lock version or just one where the box is missing?

I have seen a number of ziplock ones for sale so I think ziplock is legit.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:29 am 

grodog wrote:Fez1 in very nice shape (slight tear to green folder) @ $80 @ Wayne's World of Books @ http://www.waynesbooks.net/?page=shop/f ... 8da9336a76

Is that a good price?  Because I just got one recently for FAR less than that.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
Is that a good price?  Because I just got one recently for FAR less than that.

$80 for Fez 1?  Not really.  All the ones I have seen have gone for less than $50.  In most cases between $20 and $30.  And those were in excellent condition.  Wayne's World of Books is Amazon's answer to Troll & Toad in my opinion.  Everything is priced way over what it normally goes for.

But nothing comes up when I click that link.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:25 am 

I did not know that Miles Teves who did all the wonderful artwork for Jorune worked on The Chronicles of Riddick. Here is a piece of concept art:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:29 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:But nothing comes up when I click that link.  :?

I don't see it on his webpage but its up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EU ... 1241357215

I usually think of it as a $25-$50 item too.  Wayne has lots of high prices but surprisingly enough a lot of his stuff sells.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:54 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:$80 for Fez 1?  Not really.  All the ones I have seen have gone for less than $50.  In most cases between $20 and $30.  And those were in excellent condition.  Wayne's World of Books is Amazon's answer to Troll & Toad in my opinion.  Everything is priced way over what it normally goes for.

WWoB is hit and miss to me:  some stuff's high, other things are fine.  I've ordered from them in the past, happily.

Kingofpain89 wrote:But nothing comes up when I click that link.  :?

Probably already gone then:  it was nearly NM save for a slight 1/4" tear in the folder.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:24 am 

Mars wrote:
I don't see it on his webpage but its up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EU ... 1241357215

I usually think of it as a $25-$50 item too.  Wayne has lots of high prices but surprisingly enough a lot of his stuff sells.

Maybe I should clarify.....everything of Wayne's that I have been interested in was much higher than prices on Ebay.  The stuff I wasnt interested in may have been less expensive but if it was I didnt notice.

And the Fez on Amazon isnt available.   At least not anymore.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:47 am 

Dark Tower game.

Has some problems but even so, this one is truly On the cheap.

Normally these can sell as high as $300, and this one is just over $21 at the moment with only 9 hours left.

The tower seems to be corroded (Battery compartment)

But this listing (below) is for a Dark Tower alone.

Currently at $15.55, with 3-1/2 days remaining.

I had three of them at one time and learned a lot about them then.

The game has a cult like following and there are some out there who sell parts and repair the towers.

When I had my copies, I knew of one person that actually repaired Dark Towers and sells parts for a small fee.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:59 pm 

DCC 30 Tournament Edition:

In shrinkwrap.  :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:56 pm 

This is interesting for the number of books, the retail price of the books, and the (unknown) shipping cost.  Separately, the books are nothing special.  But, damn, the total cover price of eighty-eight 3.x books is huge.  The opening bid is $499.99.  Will anyone bite, or will it not sell?

. . .  

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:10 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:This is interesting for the number of books, the retail price of the books, and the (unknown) shipping cost.  Separately, the books are nothing special.  But, damn, the total cover price of eighty-eight 3.x books is huge.  The opening bid is $499.99.  Will anyone bite, or will it not sell?

. . .  

Well these can be shipped media mail so I don't think the shipping cost would be as outrageous as might be imagined. They could also fit in 4 or 5 large flat rate priority boxes (though the rates for those go up on the 11th). So with todays rates flat rate priority should be around $65 to ship, maybe less.

But there really isnt anything astounding in this collection and $6 a pop is more than some of these items go for.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:59 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Well these can be shipped media mail so I don't think the shipping cost would be as outrageous as might be imagined. They could also fit in 4 or 5 large flat rate priority boxes (though the rates for those go up on the 11th). So with todays rates flat rate priority should be around $65 to ship, maybe less.  

But there really isnt anything astounding in this collection and $6 a pop is more than some of these items go for.

I agree on all counts.  Shipping may be a small percentage of the final price.  The Eberron books and the softcover Guides aren't worth much.  The resale value of the hardcover books may be closer to $10 apiece.

But it is still a sizable lot that is in allegedly excellent condition.  The SRP must be at least $1500, resale value of . . . $750?  $1000?  I may compare the eBay/Amazon prices to see what the potential value is.

Yeah, it is probably interesting only to me.  If I had $500 to spare, then I'd bid on it to resell or to start playing 3.5.   :x    The schadenfreude factor is high; someone bought $1500 - $2000 worth of 3.x books and will get less than that for them.  And now I feel sorry for him.

Another large 3.x lot is on eBay, and it has some more valuable items.  However, some of those books have initials written in them, and the photos aren't as good as this lot.

Been driving all day.  This lot isn't all that interesting.  Ignore this post and my previous post.  Fnord.

[Edit:  Jason was correct.  The eBay value of this lot is fairly low.  Excluding the Eberron, Dragonlance, and some other items, I looked up completed eBay auctions for 51 of the items and got the following values:
  •        Dungeon Masters Guide V3.5 - X2         -         33
  •        Players Handbook V3.5 - X2         -         40
  •        Players Handbook Volume #2         -         10
  •        Dungeon Masters Guide Volume #2         -         15
  •        Monster Manual V3.5 - X2         -         20
  •        Monster Manual II         -         10
  •        Monster Manual III         -         10
  •        Monster Manual IV         -         12.5
  •        Hordes of the Abyss         -         7.5
  •        Fiend Folio         -         7.5
  •        Draconomicon         -         10
  •        Libris Mortis         -         15
  •        Book of Vile Darkness         -         10
  •        Book of Exalted Deeds         -         10
  •        Lords of Madness         -         5
  •        Deities and Demigods         -         10
  •        Planar Handbook         -         10
  •        Manual of the Planes X2         -         5
  •        Weapons of Legacy         -         10
  •        Epic Level Handbook         -         10
  •        Unearthed Arcana         -         7.5
  •        Time of Magic         -         15
  •        Spell Compendium         -         20
  •        Arms and Equipment Guide         -         5
  •        Stronghold Builders Guide - Softcover         -         5
  •        Song and Silence - Softcover         -         5
  •        Defenders of the Faith - Softcover         -         0
  •        Tome and Blood - Softcover         -         0
  •        Masters of the Waste - Softcover         -         0
  •        Hero Builders Guidebook - Softcover         -         0
  •        Sword and Fist - Softcover         -         5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Campaign Setting         -         7.5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Players Guide to Faerun         -         5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Races of Faerun          -         5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Waterdeep         -         10
  •        Forgotten Realms : Champions of Valor         -         7.5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Faiths and Pantheons         -         10
  •        Forgotten Realms : Underdark - X2         -         0
  •        Forgotten Realms : Lost Empires of Faerun         -         7.5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Serpent Kingdoms         -         10
  •        Forgotten Realms : Shining South         -         7.5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Unapproachable East         -         0
  •        Forgotten Realms : Champions of Ruin         -         5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Magic of Faerun - Softcover         -         5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Silver Marches - Softcover         -         7.5
  •        Forgotten Realms : Lords of Darkness - Softcover         -         5
  •        Ghostwalk         -         0
  •        Sandstorm         -         10
  •        Stormwrack         -         15
  •        Frostburn         -         5
    ------------
    Total Value of 51 items - 445.50

End Edit]

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Tue May 05, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:I agree on all counts.  Shipping may be a small percentage of the final price.  The Eberron books and the softcover Guides aren't worth much.  The resale value of the hardcover books may be closer to $10 apiece.

But it is still a sizable lot that is in allegedly excellent condition.  The SRP must be at least $1500, resale value of . . . $750?  $1000?  I may compare the eBay/Amazon prices to see what the potential value is.

Yeah, it is probably interesting only to me.  If I had $500 to spare, then I'd bid on it to resell or to start playing 3.5.   :x    The schadenfreude factor is high; someone bought $1500 - $2000 worth of 3.x books and will get less than that for them.  And now I feel sorry for him.

Another large 3.x lot is on eBay, and it has some more valuable items.  However, some of those books have initials written in them, and the photos aren't as good as this lot.

Been driving all day.  This lot isn't all that interesting.  Ignore this post and my previous post.  Fnord.

Eat The Rich

What is this other more interesting lot you speak of?

I've been feeling fairly sad about a number of auction lots that have come up. Hard times starting and another player dumps his collection for far less than he probably paid for it. That C&C collection I just bought has the same feel. This such a niche hobby anymore that I might even know the person who dumped their C&C stuff. This sucks. Im gonna pop in a bad movie (Horror Express - Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalis (sp) as a cossack.  This picture always cheers me up.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:28 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:I agree on all counts.  Shipping may be a small percentage of the final price.  The Eberron books and the softcover Guides aren't worth much.  The resale value of the hardcover books may be closer to $10 apiece.

How far did you get today?

Start playing 3.5? You leave Texas and you are already contemplating things too gruesome to imagine. Before long you'll be in a L5R Larp or something....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:48 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:Hard times starting and another player dumps his collection for far less than he probably paid for it. That C&C collection I just bought has the same feel.

Yes, I feel for the guy who was selling those.  Part of my sympathy is that he brought them to one of those "Sell4You" Ebay places so they are taking a 35% share of the profits.  Also, on a number of his earlier auctions that sold for under $5, he is actually paying the "Sell4You" place  since their min price is $5 whether the auction sells or not.  I rant about it a little bit here:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... d&start=15

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 120123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 118119120