Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 120123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118119120
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 pm 

His feedback of 2 might hurt him.  Interesting though on how many copies been brought out lately.  Should also be interesting if the high price can be maintained or if this surge of sellers outweighs buyers.

The Quickstart Rules probably don't add much - completists probably already have it and CZ too; others may not care so much.  More of a little bonus than adding real value that will increase ones bid.

The charity bit would probably increase my bid a few dollars.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:27 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:For example, here's an opened copy with a BIN of $149.99:

. . . http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Zagyg-The-Up ... 0376562821

no bin in case anyone leaps there :>

JohnGaunt wrote:How quickly that opened copy sells will reflect the demand for unshrunk copies.

not sure if shrink important at all if was not standard to print run but shall see ^^ also is one item many people will want to read :) :)

Mars wrote:Should also be interesting if the high price can be maintained

would not expect as prices crazy high not $20-30 over rrp

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:51 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:no bin in case anyone leaps there :>

Whoops.   :oops:   What with the new eBay look, I couldn't tell what was happening on that page.  That's his opening bid?  Oof!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:
My best guess is that the majority of 26 watchers are Acaeum members.  Collectors, speculators, and resellers who read the Acaeum make up the rest of the watchers.  Who else cares what the market is for these things?  Castle Zagyg:Upper Works doesn't mean anything to most gamers, so I don't see a random RPGer watching this item.

Nine days are left in my auction, and I imagine other copies will show up that end sooner than next Sunday night in the U.S.  For example, here's an opened copy with a BIN of $149.99 [Edit:  Sorry.  Not a BIN]:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

How quickly that opened copy sells will reflect the demand for unshrunk copies.  My auction is different from other auctions, since my auction is for a srhinkwrapped copy and includes the 2007 C&C Quick Start Rules.  Does the Quick Start add $5 or $10, or does it add nothing?  Does giving to a charity affect the final price?  FWIW, 25% is going to the Christian Children's Fund.

I'm sorry - I should have thrown a :) in there.  What I was trying to say is that I imagine many of us are interested in how your auction does, because as we see more of these sell, we might learn if prices are level or trending up/down.  I certainly wish you plenty of luck!

Side note - does anyone know if the Zagyg material in those Quick Start Rules appears anywhere else?  I thought that I read it was also in one of the supplements, but now I don't recall for sure.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:37 pm 

Mouths of Madness, the CZ adventure, does appear elsewhere -- it is not unique to the Quick Start rules.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I'm sorry - I should have thrown a :) in there.

No offense taken and certainly no need for you to apologize or explain.

I just re-read my previous post.  Ummm, I didn't intend my response to come off as strongly as it may read.  I wasn't posting with a smarmy or smart-ass tone; I was posting with a  head-scratching "hmmm . . . well . . . who would be watching the auction?" tone.

TheHistorian wrote:Side note - does anyone know if the Zagyg material in those Quick Start Rules appears anywhere else?  I thought that I read it was also in one of the supplements, but now I don't recall for sure.

The Castle Zagyg section is entitled Castle Zagyg: The Workhouse of Yggsburgh Town.  The Quick Start says "Treated briefly in Castle Zagyg Vol. 1, Yggsburgh by Gary Gygax, this comprehensive version of the encounter area is drawn directly from the forthcoming module, Yggsburgh Town: Town Halls District from Troll Lord Games."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 am 

Mouths of Madness is one of the two books in the East Marks Gazetteer

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:56 pm 

Azhanti High Lightning

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 am 

I was blissfully unaware that there was a universal D6 system

I think I might try and develop a D4 system.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:24 am 

The d6 system was one of West End Games' house systems.  Used in Ghostbusters and their version of Star Wars, for example.

That's the 1996 book, which was the first attempt to release it as a generic system and is really really bare-bones -- so much so that I'm not even certain the book is worth it from a gamer standpoint.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:32 pm 

Curious as to how many people are watching this lot?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0330445225

It contains a copy of Inferno and also a copy of The Trap Manual by Varanae.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Curious as to how many people are watching this lot?

It contains a copy of Inferno and also a copy of The Trap Manual by Varanae.

Probably a few more than 10 minutes ago.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm 

I wasn't but am now.  It has the print of the Gamma World boxed set that I still need.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 pm 

I see one book in there I would want.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 pm 

serleran wrote:I see one book in there I would want.

And what about the Stimulax Junior Home Massage Instrument?   8O

That thing looks frightening!

[Edit: It's a separate auction.]

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:03 pm 

And what about the Stimulax Junior Home Massage Instrument?

I dunno. Must've missed it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:13 pm 

g026r wrote:The d6 system was one of West End Games' house systems.  Used in Ghostbusters and their version of Star Wars, for example.

That's the 1996 book, which was the first attempt to release it as a generic system and is really really bare-bones -- so much so that I'm not even certain the book is worth it from a gamer standpoint.

The d6 system was also released in a slipcased set of books (Adventure, Fantasy, and Space) and had other supplements, including a DM screen.

Here's a link to the publishing history of the d6 system:

. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D6_System#History

And here's a link for the d6 books (mostly Star Wars, of course):

. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_D6_System_books

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The d6 system was also released in a slipcased set of books (Adventure, Fantasy, and Space) and had other supplements, including a DM screen.

Those are the latter post-bankruptcy books, are they not?  I've flipped through some of them and, though they're still very bare-bones and kinda bland, they actually seem to have enough details on the different genres to be usable.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 120123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 118119120