Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 10812, 3, 4, 5 ... 106107108
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 pm 
 

Anybody still on the hunt for some Tac cards?




** expired eBay auction **


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 03, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:16 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:Anybody still on the hunt for some Tac cards?


** expired eBay auction **




According to Shane's post over in the JG forum, these are incomplete.  :(


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm 
 

Didn't somebody, maybe even Shane himself (or was is Frank?), once say that a complete set of 1st printing Tac cards was like the #1 JG collectible?


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:Didn't somebody, maybe even Shane himself (or was is Frank?), once say that a complete set of 1st printing Tac cards was like the #1 JG collectible?


No that would have to be the White I booklet.  There is a thread though that discusses the Judges Guild rares.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1653
Joined: Feb 12, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 08, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:03 pm 
 

a few years ago at gencon i picked up uncut sheets of dungeon tac cards (which i did know existed). blackmoor & i got into a spirited bidding war iirc. had you heard of these before plaag?

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1653
Joined: Feb 12, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 08, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 pm 
 

oops, i meant to say which i did NOT know existed.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:35 pm 
 


** expired eBay auction **




Here is something for Falkenstiejn. Don't know the setting but this looked like it had a cheap BIN

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 am 
 

stratochamp wrote:a few years ago at gencon i picked up uncut sheets of dungeon tac cards (which i did know existed). blackmoor & i got into a spirited bidding war iirc. had you heard of these before plaag?


Ah yeah I remember that being mentioned some time ago. I remember seeing them listed on a Gen Con Auction forum and wondering about them.  Of course I'd love to have scans or photos of them for the site.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:12 pm 
 

Seller weewarriors has some old minis lots:



. . . eBay listings



In addition to minis, the seller has a coil-bound Classic Warfare from TSR.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller weewarriors has some old minis lots:


Does anyone else remember something about the seller Wee Warriors recasting miniatures?  I don't remember if it was legit or not.  This kind of stuff seem rampant too ask mentioned on Dragonsfoot, some of the fineous fingers minis out there are unauthorized as well.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:31 pm 
 

Mars wrote:Does anyone else remember something about the seller Wee Warriors recasting miniatures?  I don't remember if it was legit or not.  This kind of stuff seem rampant too ask mentioned on Dragonsfoot, some of the fineous fingers minis out there are unauthorized as well.

Well, if they are recasts, I'll be angry.   :evil:  Guess I'll go a-googling for more information on him.

[edit follows:

TMP (The Miniatures Page ) has an old thread on this ( http://theminiaturespage.com/news/9150/ ) with illuminating comments ( http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=9150 )

The minis that I recently bought from him were genuine, but they came packed in a single plastic bag inside a box.  Not the best packing for miniatures . . .

. . . and he name is Pete Kerestan, the same guy who published PotVQ . . . ]

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm 
 

His 1st print S3 is by far a better grab.


Let mirth prevail!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 am 
 

Is the ElfQuest RPG a common or uncommon? What does it usually sell for? This Seller has all four Chaosium Elfquest items listed in Heroic Worlds and in decent condition as well as a set of the related Ral Partha miniatures:



eBay listings




** expired eBay auction **

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2525
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 am 
 

one ot the best boardgame created in italy:




** expired eBay auction **




starting price is not cheap but usually it ends up to that amount...

i do reccomend it to sci-fi/fantasy boardgame collectors! (manual should be in english/german/french/italian)



ciaooo


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 03, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:48 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Is the ElfQuest RPG a common or uncommon? What does it usually sell for? This Seller has all four Chaosium Elfquest items listed in Heroic Worlds and in decent condition as well as a set of the related Ral Partha miniatures:

eBay listings


** expired eBay auction **




Just my observation, but for the most part the Elfquest RPG stuff is a bit on the uncommon side.  The RPG box set comes up on Ebay fairly often but the other supplements don't.  The Elfquest Companion seems to be the harder to find of the three supplements although I would think it would have had a higher print run than the other two.



I picked up the Elfquest RPG about a year ago if memory serves.  I think I grabbed it for about $15.  Just my opinion but it is kind of hard to get a price fix on these because of the crossover interest.  People that normally dont play RPG's but have a strong interest in Elfquest will sometimes want one of these and may pay more for it than usual.  I have been trying to complete my collection of Elfquest graphic novels for years and finally picked up one of the harder to find books for $25....which is a steal considering it usually goes for anywhere between $50 and $75.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1324
Joined: May 28, 2007
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2011
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:55 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Just my observation, but for the most part the Elfquest RPG stuff is a bit on the uncommon side.  The RPG box set comes up on Ebay fairly often but the other supplements don't.  The Elfquest Companion seems to be the harder to find of the three supplements although I would think it would have had a higher print run than the other two.


Sea Elves is probably the easiest of the three supplements to find.  I got my Companion fairly early on so I can't comment on it, but Elf-War can be a bitch to find at times.

The 2nd edition rulebook also seems to be somewhat rarer than the 1st ed. box, at least in my opinion.


"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2525
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:21 am 
 

ok guys, let's talk about magazines:



1) ends in a couple of hours this lot of Warlock:  
** expired eBay auction **




2) has anybody a clue on this (supposed magazine)???




** expired eBay auction **




i double checked with ToT and found nothing about it...  :?


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2454
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 am 
 

aia wrote:ok guys, let's talk about magazines:

1) ends in a couple of hours this lot of Warlock:  
** expired eBay auction **


2) has anybody a clue on this (supposed magazine)???


** expired eBay auction **


i double checked with ToT and found nothing about it...  :?




The Fighting Fantasy ones are good if you are into that sort thing (I am) and still very good price with 18 mins to go...



I have issue 6 of the Wizards notebook.. I haven't made any notes, but yes a small US zine, although looking at the contents listed it has no real "meat" in it (items/scenario etc) .. I'm tempted to pick it up just so I have another, but the price is not what I would like to pay for a "nothing" zine...



Brette:)


Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2525
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:43 am 
 

beasterbrook wrote:I have issue 6 of the Wizards notebook.. I haven't made any notes, but yes a small US zine, although looking at the contents listed it has no real "meat" in it (items/scenario etc) .. I'm tempted to pick it up just so I have another, but the price is not what I would like to pay for a "nothing" zine...


...and so was i: too expensive for a "try"... do you know the seller? (he has several interesting items... prices are high though)


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2454
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 pm 
 

aia wrote:
...and so was i: too expensive for a "try"... do you know the seller? (he has several interesting items... prices are high though)


NO I don't know him/her.. there are a couple of interesting items.. but you are right these are at the top end of there worth.. probably done his homework by the looks of it;)

Brette:)


Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 10812, 3, 4, 5 ... 106107108