Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 120123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 118119120
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm 

seller has some early WD's

(this is #1, though a reprint)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:deliberate on shipping to keep in england ian?? ;) ;)

Nope. Worldwide. I just highlighted that it was UK stock, because there weren't that many that made it this far round the world. I'd imagine Oz has the same problem, but then their D&D community seems a lot smaller.

>edit<
Ah. You mean on shipping costs. No. I just shipped Rappan Athuk Reloaded to the US International Signed For, and it cost me £31 something, so I took a bit off for reduced weight, but shipping to the US is a major expence these days.

>further edit<
Sorry Guys. There was an error in the title that eBay wouldn't let me change. The item has been relisted with the title corrected. That's what I get for doing listings in the dead of night.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 am 

This seller has quite a few sought after Call of Cthulhu items:

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Games_W0QQ ... tedpsychee

Seller also has a copy of Ptolus up at the moment and a huge Planescape lot already mentioned over on the Planescape interesting items thread.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERP-Rulebook-7-s ... dZViewItem

Zoinks!! £250 BIN - I'm not well up on MERP - is this lot worth that much?

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 am 

valley of the pharaohs good looking + complete  
$35-50 in usual condition

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am 

Not on eBay buy over on Noble Knight Games, there's a few interesting rarities at resonably high prices. A few outragously so (Interfax, GM2, Massconfusion, Silverdawn, etc.), but of note is Varanae's Monstrum 1 at $60 (Not seen that in a while) and The Companions Fantasy Furnishings (probably only for the die-hard completist as they are next to useless).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Not on eBay buy over on Noble Knight Games, there's a few interesting rarities at resonably high prices. A few outragously so (Interfax, GM2, Massconfusion, Silverdawn, etc.), but of note is Varanae's Monstrum 1 at $60 (Not seen that in a while) and The Companions Fantasy Furnishings (probably only for the die-hard completist as they are next to useless).

I was just going to post about this too.  Their prices on semi-rares seem to be getting ridiculous.  NK is starting to rival Troll and Toad.

GM2 Find the Lady for $125 (NK) - one just sold on Ebay for $13:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0308706595

Fantasy Furnishings $35 (NK) - Ebay for 69 cents:

A while back I bought 5 still in shrink of the other set for around $2 each and had a tough time reselling the extras for $10.

Silverdawn without map $45 - bit high but okay.  I think Bracton picked up the one on Ebay a couple months ago but I forget the price.  It was relisted 3 or 4 times for lack of bids.

Varanae Monstrum $60 (NK) - you can still get these from the author.  I forget what he is asking now $15-$20?  A few years back I picked up 5 or 6 copies and sold them for $25 - $30 - I paid a bit less than what he is asking now because he had lots of stock.

Massconfusion $85 (NK) - you can still pick these up from fabficbk.  I think you can still buy them for $15-20 each?  When I picked up my set, I ended up buying half of them from fabficbk and the other half from NK because they were cheaper.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 pm 

Mars wrote:GM2 Find the Lady for $125 (NK) - one just sold on Ebay for $13:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0308706595

If I'd seen that I'd have bid that up above $25. Could always use a copy of GM1 or 2. Wasn't aware Varanae were still sitting on stock. Haven't seen them on eBay much. With Massconfusion, Robert Jennings tries occasionally to list stuff, but he's very flakey at the bast of times. Tried in the past to buy for Acaeum members. Also tried to buy his surplus stock. Also tried for a signed set of the D&D tourneys, but his coms were awful and he never came through. Same issues with the Wilmark Dynasty authors, except their product line is truely shite. Thonely produsct on any worth is Journey to the Center of the Circle (coincidentally the only one written by his wife), and it needs a major overhall to make the maps decipherable. Tried for a full signed set there, and they kept saying they'd tie up a deal, but never did.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm 

Mars wrote:Massconfusion $85 (NK) - you can still pick these up from fabficbk.  I think you can still buy them for $15-20 each?  When I picked up my set, I ended up buying half of them from fabficbk and the other half from NK because they were cheaper.

I just checked and I picked up a bunch of these from NK in Dec 2005 for $20 each the rest from fabficbk.

Both Days of Knights and fabficbk were a bit flakey to deal with although, I managed to muddle through as well.  My Wilmark Dynasty items are signed but the Massconfusion ones are not.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 pm 

gyg wrote:

Zoinks!! £250 BIN - I'm not well up on MERP - is this lot worth that much?

Fortunately not at all.  Ebay seller Rigante has been selling what looks like a complete MERP collection on ebay over the last month - marked as M and NM.  And those have been getting very very high prices.  I guess that is what has led this seller here to price them high.

With MERP, condition makes a big difference.  Moving from G or VG to Mint can double or in some cases triple the regular price.  The pull-out full colour maps contained in many of the books are so good that their presence or absence also makes a huge difference to price. Plus there are a few items which are consistently pricey (e.g.  the rolled maps in tubes, Grey Mountains, Lake Town amongst others...)

Example of a very high sale price:

:) That is an extreme example, Even in absolutely Mint condition I would have expected that to go for no more than £35-50

This 2nd Ed Moria went for £42.55

And if it were only G/VG I would have said expect half that.

ps. also worth asking about staples as the earlier staple-bound mods were prone to a little rust from time to time, and sellers often don't consider that when rating their preciousses...  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 pm 

Mars wrote:GM2 Find the Lady for $125 (NK) - one just sold on Ebay for $13:

Yeah, that was me.  :)

I wasn't sure if I got a great deal or if NK is just nuts.  Or both.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:06 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
Yeah, that was me.  :)

I wasn't sure if I got a great deal or if NK is just nuts.  Or both.

I have a few, and I'll list them at about $30 when I list them. That particular issue is fairly hard to find. Being UK published, it is only really picked up on by the non-TSR collectors. The majority of peeps stick to the big names (TSR, JG, etc.). Just snagged a bargain myself on TS9-12 for £58. Same issue there. Outside of the UK these are rarely heard about other than the die hard collector. Even here on Acaeum, the UK published non-TSR is avoided by most collectors.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:12 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I wasn't sure if I got a great deal or if NK is just nuts.  Or both.

Its a good price.  Its not all that uncommon for them to sell for $25 or under but they are also possible to buy cheap and resell for for more.  $125 is an insane price IMO.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:21 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Just snagged a bargain myself on TS9-12 for £58.

I was watching those but they shot past what I could spend at the moment.  I was really interested in the Imagine lots from the same seller, but those also went (I thought) fairly high.

What can I expect to pay for GM1 if/when it shows up?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:29 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I was watching those but they shot past what I could spend at the moment.

Those 4 issues are worth double that. I went in at £99 with a view to making 20% on resale.
TheHistorian wrote:What can I expect to pay for GM1 if/when it shows up?

If you see one for under $40 in clean untattered condition, VG/EX, don't even think about it. I can resell them for $60. They show up 2 or 3 times a year, usually in job lots with stuff you wouldn't want to buy.
As I recall, Lawrenson had one for sale on his website a while back for £40 in good condition. It's been a while since I've been there. Don't know the link, but he's here pretty often (avatar with the boobs) so PM him and see if he still has one.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:26 am 

For those after a first print DCC #0:

Current price $14.99 with 5 days 16hours to go.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm 

Another copy of What Price Glory?!:

The shipping cost is "diabolical".  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 pm 

Looks near mint.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 120123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 118119120