Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 120123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 118119120
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 pm 

If it weren't for such listings and the occasional possibility of getting something valuable for a bargain, I would probably give up this hobby. One person's trash is another person's treasure after all.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:04 am 

Attention all shoppers:  DCC 3.5 now available on Aisle 3.

The Haunted Lighthouse Con Edition signed very rare

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Haunted-Lightho ... dZViewItem

This is fairly hard to find and will likely go for a nice amount; however, I don't like the signature splashed across the front coverof the module.    8O

Enjoy  :D

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:47 am 

smarmy1 wrote:Attention all shoppers:  DCC 3.5 now available on Aisle 3.

The Haunted Lighthouse Con Edition signed very rare

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is fairly hard to find and will likely go for a nice amount; however, I don't like the signature splashed across the front coverof the module.    8O

Enjoy  :D

Werent the majority of these signed by Arneson?  The only ones I have ever seen all have the signature.

And odds are, no one will reach the reserve on this one.  I'm sure TFM doesnt really want to sell it anyways.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:24 am 

I've only ever seen one copy on eBay that hasn't got the signature. There have been maybe five copies with signatures in the past three years. Still, very rare. Suspect it'll hit $250 before peeps give up pushing it. The reserve I'd imagine to be up at the $350 mark. No way I'd go above $200 in the current climate.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Werent the majority of these signed by Arneson?  The only ones I have ever seen all have the signature.

And odds are, no one will reach the reserve on this one.  I'm sure TFM doesnt really want to sell it anyways.  :roll:

Yep. Expect to see it at Noble Knight Games for $500 in a month. Don't waste your time bidding on it.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:30 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Too bad Erol Otus didn't sign it  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Mine isn't since I bought it before Arneson was at the Goodman Games booth, and never brought it back there when he was.  Course I'd of had it signed had the opportunity presented itself.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:56 am 

Seller fabficbk has MassConfusion modules for sale:

. . . eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:51 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller fabficbk has MassConfusion modules for sale:

. . . eBay listings

That's Robert Jennings. He's actually the author if anyone is interested in arranging signings or a private deal offsite. I tried to buy in bulk from him a couple of years ago, but I found him a little flakey and being an international buyer complicated things even more.

Maybe there is the chance here for someone to buy up his remaining stock (certainly the D&D). They are always a good seller and to my knowledge we haven't seen signed copies on eBay before.

It would also be useful to fill the knowledge gap. I know there are mods that he wrote that he no longer has copies of (eg Dungeon of Dr Demento), but I don't think there is a definitive list of everything they put out. It would be good to get that confirmed.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's Robert Jennings. He's actually the author if anyone is interested in arranging signings or a private deal offsite. I tried to buy in bulk from him a couple of years ago, but I found him a little flakey and being an international buyer complicated things even more.

Maybe there is the chance here for someone to buy up his remaining stock (certainly the D&D). They are always a good seller and to my knowledge we haven't seen signed copies on eBay before.

It would also be useful to fill the knowledge gap. I know there are mods that he wrote that he no longer has copies of (eg Dungeon of Dr Demento), but I don't think there is a definitive list of everything they put out. It would be good to get that confirmed.

Plus I would assume he's selling actual copies, not the bad photocopies that keep springing up on Ebay from unscrupulous selers...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm 

Haven't noticed fakes on eBay. Were they pointed out at the time?
Yes, as far as I'm aware they are genuine copies he's selling, however, it would not be beyond his means, nor illegal, for him to be reprinting. The tell in at least two of the mods is the distinctive green paper (eg Werewolf Country). Would like more info on the fakes and how to identify them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 pm 

wowser - seller is getting rid of a load of MERP stuff - glad I don't collect it!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 pm 

WD1 - is it a reprint though?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Cthulhu-Bey ... dZViewItem

Blimey, is this what this goes for?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 am 

gyg wrote:

Blimey, is this what this goes for?

For the hardback? Not in the least. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am 

So even the start price could be considered optimistic?! Ebays a funny thing though, I wouldn't bet against it getting bids 8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:02 am 

Even if it was the OOP softcover I'd say that it might be on the optimistic side. * ;)

It's possible he'll get bites though, as they were going for well over that when they were temporarily out of print and people might not know that it can be got cheaper.

(* But I don't know for certain.  The price may have sunk on them now that only collectors are looking for the softcover, or it may not have.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 am 

Some of us are still looking for the original map, and not the larger, more detailed one. I had to go buy the facsimile one just to have something for the book. Damnit. But, yeah, the hardcover is probably a better buy but I think that price is too high... almost right for the original, though (or was for a while.)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 120123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 118119120