Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 120123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 118119120
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am 

wizards + warfare us print $2 start is good  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
also decent c+s

dw #1-#24 :) :)  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:29 am 

space opera ++  
also old gw staff tshirt strange combo!!  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:30 am 

Sorry to derail this thread further but ...

bclarkie wrote:Truthfully though, that's not really the point is it?

Actually that is the point.  I don't want to rehash the whole ST1 incident aside from saying that IMO it was something that got blown way out of proportion and was something that wasn't handled very well on either side of the dispute.  I personally don't believe that TFM started the auction with the intent of wrongdoing.  I also believe in giving second chances and also do give people respect when they contribute back to the hobby.  If you look through the old posts about the Jeff P auction, you will notice the big acknowledgement to TFM for his contribution - I think he also mentioned he was going to do this in the dispute thread.  So I don't think there is any doubt that the ST1 came from him.

On top of that, the whole "secret forum" is a bunch of crap too.

He is not referring to the VB forum but rather the one that Scott has for his buddies or those he deems worthy - yes the one that Mike Kuo was part of but then got kicked out of, then left etc, etc.  Again, this bit is really none of my business and not something that I am capable of debating (for lack of details) but the end result was that not only did it alienate Mike but others as well.   

He created ToT in a baltant attempt to divide the community and to secretly subvert Scott and the Acaeum. If there really is anything to this "divide", it was ToT forum that caused it, not the other way around.

From what I gather, the goal of ToT has always been to cover all RPGs or at least all the 3rd party D&D and generic fantasy items that the Acaeum has never had any serious intention of covering.  If anything its the Acaeum that is trying to squash ToT with the new Acaeum Wiki whose goal is what?  To do exactly what ToT is already doing.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 am 

t+t better wfs opened to bidding  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:18 pm 

A little homebrew from the author, for those of you who collect such things. Sits nicely with Ben Burns (alas no paper copies anymore. He still sells PDFs though) and Kent Krumvieda (Loki's Wine is just fantastic for $9.00).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010

Just waiting for my copy to arrive. I'll let you know what it's like when I get to read it (With UK postage over Xmas we're probably looking at sometime near the end of January  :roll: ).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:A little homebrew from the author, for those of you who collect such things. Sits nicely with Ben Burns (alas no paper copies anymore. He still sells PDFs though) and Kent Krumvieda (Loki's Wine is just fantastic for $9.00).

I don't understand the difference in price:

New Dungeon Module The Well Forgotten RPG adventure

$7.75

New module The Well Forgotten D&D Dungeons & Dragons

The same, same seller, but for $11.70

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm 

Keith Baker (Eberron) selling Q-Workshop "Dragonmark" dice.  I have no idea what a Dragonmark is, but the dice are getting pricey:

. . . eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:14 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
I don't understand the difference in price:

Same price when you factor in the shipping costs, just a little juggling with the figures.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:35 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Same price when you factor in the shipping costs, just a little juggling with the figures.

One is little more expensive, even with shipping... It is not really honest I guess.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 pm 

I don't see any dishonest here. I might have missed something.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I don't see any dishonest here. I might have missed something.

If he can send the one at $11.70 for only $4.75, he can for the one at $7.75. And I am sure that if I buy the one at 7.75 and I ask to ship it with first class mail ($4.75), he will say that it is not possible  :roll:

I always thought that seller have to charge exactly what actual shipping cost is, and not outrageous Handling fees (unless you are called Cougs :))
That's just my point of view.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 pm 

I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK we are allowed to charge 'reasonable' postage and packaging charges. Even in the USA I doubt eBay has the power to force sellers to provide free packaging or to get quotes from the postal service prior to listing items. So I can only imagine that both $7.75 and $4.25 fall within what can be considered 'reasonable' postage and packaging costs. The difference is that the seller has bundled the packaging and processing element into the cost of the goods in one, and left it in the cost of the postage and packaging in the other.

I recently listed an iPhone at £420 with free postage and packaging. It wouldn't sell. I drop the price to £400 and list the Postage and packaging at £20 and it sells within a couple of days. Both would have cost me the same time to process, the same postage, insurance and packing materials. The only difference is that in one I include the cost within the item offer price, and in the other I list it seperately. That's allowed in the UK, I assume eBay in the USA have not yet taken away US citizens costitutional rights. Give them time though and they'll be telling them whick postal service they must use, how much they have to discount the postage, that they're not allowed to insure packages unless they suffer the costs themselves, and if it doesn't arrive within five days they'll loose tboth the item and the refund to the buyer. That seems to be the way it's heading.

I say we should all follow the Oz policy of telling eBay to GTF.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:19 pm 

I've always thought that the 'reasonable' handling charge is ebays way out of any debate.Realistaically you can charge what you like, and no-one can really have any grounds for complaint.

Note the following though

High shipping will have an impact on your DSRs - though this is moot - didn't someone here give free shipping on everything and still not get 5 stars all the way (Badmike will probably remember this better than me).

As a seller I list my price for domestic and international shipping - which is generally a best guess - that way the buyer can make an informed decision from the outset.*

As a buyer - if the shipping isn't listed, don't assume it or guess it, get a quote. If you don't you have no cause for complaint.

Shipping goes hand in hand with feedback in the things that generally irritate people about ebay - the best answer is to not let it bother you too much :D .

* though the number of people that still ask :roll:  I pretty much ignore those questions I'm afraid - customer service is one thing, but I have a low 'stupid person' tolerance threshold :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:24 pm 

gyg wrote:I've always thought that the 'reasonable' handling charge is ebays way out of any debate.Realistaically you can charge what you like, and no-one can really have any grounds for complaint.

Note the following though

High shipping will have an impact on your DSRs - though this is moot - didn't someone here give free shipping on everything and still not get 5 stars all the way (Badmike will probably remember this better than me).

As a seller I list my price for domestic and international shipping - which is generally a best guess - that way the buyer can make an informed decision from the outset.*

As a buyer - if the shipping isn't listed, don't assume it or guess it, get a quote. If you don't you have no cause for complaint.

Shipping goes hand in hand with feedback in the things that generally irritate people about ebay - the best answer is to not let it bother you too much :D .

* though the number of people that still ask :roll:  I pretty much ignore those questions I'm afraid - customer service is one thing, but I have a low 'stupid person' tolerance threshold :D

Well I know I was offering Free Shipping through ebay and had a 4.8 DSR for shipping costs and now that I charge shipping I have a 4.8 DSR on shipping costs. Free shipping meant absolutely nothing as far as sales or DSRs.

But I expect reasonable shipping and handling, and decent service even if it isnt mentioned.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:27 pm 

Getting shipping quotes assume you'll get a response before someone else wins it -- there was an auction in the UK where the guy said he would sell and ship to the USA, but would have to price quote it. This was a BIN auction. I asked what the shipping would be, and before I got an answer, someone else, who had not asked for the shipping quote went ahead and bought it. Jackass. Anyway, the point is that having to ask before you buy means you're opening yourself to a double Dutch love-fest, and if you don't ask, you're deliciously reamed by a kitty.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:30 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:But I expect reasonable shipping and handling, and decent service even if it isnt mentioned.

I don't think that's a matter for debate - we all like decent service, and I feel I give my moneys worth.

The problem is that even if you pay (very) high shipping, decent service is not guaranteed. and I don't think any of us would assume this to be the case.

(BTW - I've never had a parcel from anyone here that wasn't bomb proof - though in return I certainly give shipping breaks to Acaeum members)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:39 pm 

serleran wrote:Getting shipping quotes assume you'll get a response before someone else wins it -- there was an auction in the UK where the guy said he would sell and ship to the USA, but would have to price quote it. This was a BIN auction. I asked what the shipping would be, and before I got an answer, someone else, who had not asked for the shipping quote went ahead and bought it. Jackass. Anyway, the point is that having to ask before you buy means you're opening yourself to a double Dutch love-fest, and if you don't ask, you're deliciously reamed by a kitty.

Ah - now that's a lottery - go for it or not? I've done this on items I've brought and been screwed, and also had pleasant surprises - these are the breaks.

(Remember though - sellers have NO protection if they don't send in a "signed for" approved manner - that paypal charge back is a foregone conclusion. We have no way of seeing the numbers but I would be willing to bet that parcels from sellers that overcharge on shipping go missing more often :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:56 pm 

I have a problem with high handling fees and I hope Ebay does too.  I recently won 21 auctions (most at 99 cents).  In the final tally of $25 for the books, the actual shipping in Canada is $15 but the seller was asking $50 only after having it reduced from something crazy like $130 or $150.

Needless to say I did not pay and the seller filed NPB on me so I am going through the hassle of dealing with it on Ebay.  The seller still feels completely justified and thinks I should be happy they reduced the handling fee from $130 down to $35.  I don't know if my feedback will stay on their account or get removed but you can enjoy the sea of red while it is there:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ri_at_home

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 120123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 118119120