Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 115 of 120123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118119120
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 pm 

My whole group of friends was upset when I got one instead of the d&d books and modules I had asked for and that we all wanted!  Then we moved a couple of weeks later anyway and it had to go in storage where it was lost!  I remember taking it out of the box and fooling with it but never getting to play a complete game.  Bah!  I had no idea they were this desirable now though!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 am 

Agent Cooper wrote:Dark Tower rocks!  I had the game as a kid and my brother and I played it to death.  I wish I had kept our copy.  

I'd love to own it again but a working game is just out of my price range right now.

I wish they'd re-release it.

meh... I am not going to jump on the love wagon here.

I have had a few sets of Dark Tower over the years and played it with the grandkids.

Yes, it was a good game, but we had more fun with Tower of the Wizard King and that game can be had for far less money and it is harder to find.

I have seen litterally hundreds of copies of Dark Tower (on E-Bay) over the years and only a few copies of Tower of the Wizard King (anywhere).

You can look on E-Bay at any time and find a few sets of Dark Tower listed and at least a few other listings for parts etc..

I sometimes see a single copy of Tower of the Wizard King and often it is listed in the $25-$35 range...

Like this one.

BIN of $24.99 with 99.9% complete and wear on the box.

Missing 2 of the tiny plastic yellow flags, which I can tell you is not important at all and the game can be played without those 2 missing little yellow flags....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Looks like the Canadian Edition.... and sadly it is in Canada (bummer :(  shipping is like $36 USA))

If it was in the USA I would have already BINed it myself just to have a copy of the Canadian Edition.

There is no Light up Tower though. :oops:  8O  :roll:

BoardGameGeek

The one linked above at BoardGameGeek dot com is the Canadian Edition, I have the USA Edition which does not include the French Title at the lower left of the box top.... and on the wall (Right side in the pic).

I am sure the instructions are also in two languages, or perhaps only in French.

I wish they would re-release Tower of the Wizard King more than Dark Tower and if you loved Dark Tower, then I would look for a copy of Tower of the Wizard King and hope you can find one.

It wont set you back a weeks pay (More like Lunch money with a couple of beers) and (IMO) it is more fun to play.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:meh... I am not going to jump on the love wagon here.

I think I understand where you are coming from.  I had a Dark Tower growing up and it was a blast to play even though the first time my brother and I played we goofed up the instructions and ended up playing for about two hours before we realized we were doing it wrong.  :lol:

Fast forward to a few years ago.  I sat down and played the game again with you and your grandson and although it was enjoyable to set the game up and recollect all of the fun I had as a kid, it is not much fun anymore.  There is little challenge, no real strategy, and very little replayability.  But it does have a gorgeous box, gameboard, and game pieces...not to mention a cool looking black tower.  :D

I wouldnt mind having one again just for nostalgia purposes but I would never pay the prices they are going for nowadays especially since the majority of them dont work and are missing pieces.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I think I understand where you are coming from.  I had a Dark Tower growing up and it was a blast to play even though the first time my brother and I played we goofed up the instructions and ended up playing for about two hours before we realized we were doing it wrong.  :lol:

Fast forward to a few years ago.  I sat down and played the game again with you and your grandson and although it was enjoyable to set the game up and recollect all of the fun I had as a kid, it is not much fun anymore.  There is little challenge, no real strategy, and very little replayability.  But it does have a gorgeous box, gameboard, and game pieces...not to mention a cool looking black tower.  :D

I wouldnt mind having one again just for nostalgia purposes but I would never pay the prices they are going for nowadays especially since the majority of them dont work and are missing pieces.

Yes, I do remember playing Dark Tower with you and Colton.
It was fun for me too, but as you said..... I agree on the low level of strategy of Dark Tower.

Much more of that in Tower of the Wizard King and parts of the strategy in that game were obvious even to my two older grandkids (10 and 12) and Brandon also played and he was only 5 years old at the time.
The grandkids and I ended up playing three straight games the first time we played Tower of the Wizard King.
The first game we used the quickstart instructions and though it is fun, the more complete game is better.... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:36 pm 

Well, it seems that my $15.95 bid has fallen short.  :cry:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm 

Missed it by that much.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm 

Good to know that the ultra-rares are going down in price.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm 

Oh look, you're in luck.  Here's another one:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0391256410

That's what, three this month?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm 

Aaaannnd...

Yet another one. $1800 BIN. Someone was watching.

What of that third module on the product list? Was that ever put into production?

EDIT: DOH! Ninja'd!  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:19 am 

Call of Cthulhu 1E - this should be a smokin' hot auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0362465843

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 am 

I was wondering what you were getting at there.. then I looked at the pic..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am 

I'm not above punning...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 am 

SimperingToad wrote:What of that third module on the product list? Was that ever put into production?

From the Research section of the Acaeum Library:

Daystar West Eye of the Dragon.  Another Daystar West module, Eye of the Dragon[/b], was planned but never produced.  The Hickmans did, however, run off five hundred copies of the planned cover, which put them in a significant financial hole -- prompting them to make arrangements with TSR for the sale of Pharaoh, Rahasia, and Ravenloft.  The Hickmans apparently still have all copies of this module cover in storage at their home.  Thanks to David Smith for this info.  This research item is closed, but will remain here for trivia purposes.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 am 

IIRC Tracy posted a while back in his DF thread that he'd come across the original cover and artwork in a drawer.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 pm 

Ah, another place on the Acaeum I saw once a time ago, and forgot about. Thanks!

mbassoc2003 wrote:IIRC Tracy posted a while back in his DF thread that he'd come across the original cover and artwork in a drawer.

Soon to end up in Tharizdun's collection, no doubt.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 pm 

Not mine. Looks like a Burntwire type of item...

Ask me about my new M16!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 am 

Just a look at it would satisfy my curiosity.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Call of Cthulhu 1E - this should be a smokin' hot auction:

Here's another item that suffered some fire damage:

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 115 of 120123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118119120