Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 115 of 120123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118119120
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:13 pm 

Mars wrote:These seem to show up about 2 or 3 copies every year.

less

Mars wrote:Documented here and on the Tome are sales for about 10 copies sold in the last few years

same one few times

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:30 pm 

i picked up the one that crazy egor had. i will miss Paul (aka egor) at gencon very much. i thoroughly enjoyed every transaction & conversation we ever had ( and we had some big ones of both...).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:41 am 

For anybody who remembers the Dark Tower game, this is the most complete one I've seen on Ebay in a while.  The tower doesn't work apparently, but all the pieces are there and in good shape.  I can only imagine what this will end up going for:

eBay listings

The owls are not what they seem...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm 

Someone was looking for an Ivinia copy for less than $85 :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ivinia-1985-Viking- ... 0522611315

$55 BIN

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Someone was looking for an Ivinia copy for less than $85 :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

$55 BIN

Yeah, he lowered his price after seeing what the shrinked one went for.

So now I'll have the shrinked one and can sell my extra to John for an even more reasonable price than that.  Everybody wins.  Well, everybody here anyway.   :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 pm 

Agent Cooper wrote:For anybody who remembers the Dark Tower game, this is the most complete one I've seen on Ebay in a while.  The tower doesn't work apparently, but all the pieces are there and in good shape.  I can only imagine what this will end up going for:

eBay listings

Yeah, and the listing says this:

The object of the game itself is to amass an army, collect three keys to the Tower and defeat the evil within. It can be played with 1 to 4 players. This is the ultimate role playing board game [which I think is better than dungeons & dragons!]

8O  HERESY!   :evil:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm 

Dark Tower was a great game for its day! I have a minty copy and played it once recently with a childhood friend and it was fun. I think it will play better with non jaded kids. It was a game I didn't get as a kid and longed for it for quite awhile :wink:

Ask me about my new M16!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 am 

Dark Tower rocks!  I had the game as a kid and my brother and I played it to death.  I wish I had kept our copy.  

I'd love to own it again but a working game is just out of my price range right now.

I wish they'd re-release it.

The owls are not what they seem...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 pm 

My whole group of friends was upset when I got one instead of the d&d books and modules I had asked for and that we all wanted!  Then we moved a couple of weeks later anyway and it had to go in storage where it was lost!  I remember taking it out of the box and fooling with it but never getting to play a complete game.  Bah!  I had no idea they were this desirable now though!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 am 

Agent Cooper wrote:Dark Tower rocks!  I had the game as a kid and my brother and I played it to death.  I wish I had kept our copy.  

I'd love to own it again but a working game is just out of my price range right now.

I wish they'd re-release it.

meh... I am not going to jump on the love wagon here.

I have had a few sets of Dark Tower over the years and played it with the grandkids.

Yes, it was a good game, but we had more fun with Tower of the Wizard King and that game can be had for far less money and it is harder to find.

I have seen litterally hundreds of copies of Dark Tower (on E-Bay) over the years and only a few copies of Tower of the Wizard King (anywhere).

You can look on E-Bay at any time and find a few sets of Dark Tower listed and at least a few other listings for parts etc..

I sometimes see a single copy of Tower of the Wizard King and often it is listed in the $25-$35 range...

Like this one.

BIN of $24.99 with 99.9% complete and wear on the box.

Missing 2 of the tiny plastic yellow flags, which I can tell you is not important at all and the game can be played without those 2 missing little yellow flags....

Looks like the Canadian Edition.... and sadly it is in Canada (bummer :(  shipping is like $36 USA))

If it was in the USA I would have already BINed it myself just to have a copy of the Canadian Edition.

There is no Light up Tower though. :oops:  8O  :roll:

BoardGameGeek

The one linked above at BoardGameGeek dot com is the Canadian Edition, I have the USA Edition which does not include the French Title at the lower left of the box top.... and on the wall (Right side in the pic).

I am sure the instructions are also in two languages, or perhaps only in French.

I wish they would re-release Tower of the Wizard King more than Dark Tower and if you loved Dark Tower, then I would look for a copy of Tower of the Wizard King and hope you can find one.

It wont set you back a weeks pay (More like Lunch money with a couple of beers) and (IMO) it is more fun to play.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:meh... I am not going to jump on the love wagon here.

I think I understand where you are coming from.  I had a Dark Tower growing up and it was a blast to play even though the first time my brother and I played we goofed up the instructions and ended up playing for about two hours before we realized we were doing it wrong.  :lol:

Fast forward to a few years ago.  I sat down and played the game again with you and your grandson and although it was enjoyable to set the game up and recollect all of the fun I had as a kid, it is not much fun anymore.  There is little challenge, no real strategy, and very little replayability.  But it does have a gorgeous box, gameboard, and game pieces...not to mention a cool looking black tower.  :D

I wouldnt mind having one again just for nostalgia purposes but I would never pay the prices they are going for nowadays especially since the majority of them dont work and are missing pieces.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I think I understand where you are coming from.  I had a Dark Tower growing up and it was a blast to play even though the first time my brother and I played we goofed up the instructions and ended up playing for about two hours before we realized we were doing it wrong.  :lol:

Fast forward to a few years ago.  I sat down and played the game again with you and your grandson and although it was enjoyable to set the game up and recollect all of the fun I had as a kid, it is not much fun anymore.  There is little challenge, no real strategy, and very little replayability.  But it does have a gorgeous box, gameboard, and game pieces...not to mention a cool looking black tower.  :D

I wouldnt mind having one again just for nostalgia purposes but I would never pay the prices they are going for nowadays especially since the majority of them dont work and are missing pieces.

Yes, I do remember playing Dark Tower with you and Colton.
It was fun for me too, but as you said..... I agree on the low level of strategy of Dark Tower.

Much more of that in Tower of the Wizard King and parts of the strategy in that game were obvious even to my two older grandkids (10 and 12) and Brandon also played and he was only 5 years old at the time.
The grandkids and I ended up playing three straight games the first time we played Tower of the Wizard King.
The first game we used the quickstart instructions and though it is fun, the more complete game is better.... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:36 pm 

Well, it seems that my $15.95 bid has fallen short.  :cry:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm 

Missed it by that much.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm 

Good to know that the ultra-rares are going down in price.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm 

Oh look, you're in luck.  Here's another one:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0391256410

That's what, three this month?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm 

Aaaannnd...

Yet another one. $1800 BIN. Someone was watching.

What of that third module on the product list? Was that ever put into production?

EDIT: DOH! Ninja'd!  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:19 am 

Call of Cthulhu 1E - this should be a smokin' hot auction:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 115 of 120123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118119120