Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 120123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 118119120
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:
$100 is a lot of money, but it may be worth it.  No one else needs to buy anything, so the cost of the game per player is low.  Of course, players will want to buy dice and whatever other books are available separately.

I have not read any other online reviews.  I saw the demo version in a FLGS.  Any RPG that eliminates the nit-picky tactical combat is OK by me.  No hexes or squares or minis!

or just buy it with a 25% discount ...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 am 

The Golden Dawn sourcebook:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Cthulhu-The ... 3efa2eedb7

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The Golden Dawn sourcebook:

Finally bought a copy... the day before this went up.  We'll see if my $50 was well spent or wasteful.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 am 

$50 a good price I think.  We will see.  Is it any good?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:24 am 

Golden Dawn is excellent.  It's not Walker in the Wastes, but it's still a top-notch sourcbook and set of adventures, Steven :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
It was flying purple people eaters.

I have a copy but haven't read it yet.

The Codex of Erde is a nice attempt at presenting a game world.

The feeling is a bit wierd because of its slightly scattergun mix of cultures set against a background of a sort of Germanic twilight.  

Thus:  "After Winter Dark"....since it is after the dark (evil triumphant) and the accompanying winter.   The feel of the scenarios that support the campaign is somewhat pessimistic.  They are a series of events in a dreary Germanic wilderness...lightened here and there by some comedic elements.

I got the feeling that there were compromises between the author's original work and the addition of a relationship between Gygax and Troll Lord Games.

The interior art and layout are typical of early d20 work...possibly on the lower end for both.

Like a whole lot of game products, the designers fell down on the most essential element of any campaign setting publication...the map!

(Guys - Draw the map first.  Build your publication around an excellent, useable map and the text will fall into place.  Ask yourselves why the Judges Guild City State setting has remained near legendary to this day.  Hint:  It wasn't because of the wonderful supporting text, and certainly not the artwork or layout!)

(And also - If you need a good example of how to work, consider the current Ebay auction on the original City State of the Invicible Overlord city map.  The margin notes on this map say that this is an un-named city in Middle Earth, even though the overall feel of the map is about as Tolkienian as an electric carving knife.  It is clear that the setting grew up to surround the map.  Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.)

The Troll Lord website had copies of the Codex of Erde at sale prices  for years.  There must have been a large initial print run.  Sooner or later the supply will be exhausted and the price will go up.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Dr ... 1e594a5050

D&D stained glass (Dragon Attack)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Dr ... 20ae422d5a

More D&D stained glass (Dragonlance Fifth Age)

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 pm 

TollHouseGolem wrote:

D&D stained glass (Dragon Attack)

More D&D stained glass (Dragonlance Fifth Age)

You know...the first one is actually pretty cool.  8O

The second has sort of a Saddam Hussein Collection feel.  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 pm 

The stained glass are nice pieces.  You can probably still pick them up from Noble Knight for $50 each.  I grabbed a set a few years ago.  The original price of them was $200 each.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 pm 

red_bus wrote:$50 a good price I think.  We will see.  Is it any good?

Yeah, I thought it was a steal at that price.  Like everything, prices are down, but it still seems to be in the $70-120 range overall.

It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know about quality.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 pm 

Mars wrote:The stained glass are nice pieces.  You can probably still pick them up from Noble Knight for $50 each.  I grabbed a set a few years ago.  The original price of them was $200 each.

I paid $24.95 on E-Bay Plus $15 shipping a couple of years ago for a Dragon Attack Stained Glass with frame.
Hangs over the window in the game room now.

Did not know that there was a "SET" of them...
Are there many other different pieces?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm 

Beyond the Mountains of Madness... is this a particularly rare one or am I thinking of a different cthulhu item?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm 

Now I'm just about sure Orient Express is one of the rare ones.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm 

Sagard 1-4 fair condition no pic. Gygax solo books

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Beyond the Mountains of Madness... is this a particularly rare one or am I thinking of a different cthulhu item?

It's back in print, so it's not really rare anymore if you're looking to actually run the campaign -- but the printings are now hardbacks, which means that the softback prints are still somewhat rare-ish, I believe.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am 

g026r wrote:
It's back in print, so it's not really rare anymore if you're looking to actually run the campaign -- but the printings are now hardbacks, which means that the softback prints are still somewhat rare-ish, I believe.

I don't believe that's correct.  There was a hardcover release a few years ago, but it's hardly in print.  Chaosium will sell you a pdf, but that's it.

I would guess the seller will get their $50, and maybe a bit more, but I wouldn't expect it to go much over $70.  The last complete hardcover "only" brought $76, and that's generally more desirable.  (Of course a hardcover missing the map went over $100...)

For the most part, the box sets and the limited edition hardcovers are the expensive items.  Everything else can be found for reasonable prices - I've been working on a CoC collection for a very short time, and even some seemingly big guns (Cairo, London, some of the Pagan books) have not been that much of a problem.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:15 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I don't believe that's correct.  There was a hardcover release a few years ago, but it's hardly in print.  Chaosium will sell you a pdf, but that's it.

Huh.  Seems you're right.  I didn't realize it had gone out of print again.  (Given that it was still in print last year.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am 

The only rares and HTF CoC items are the limited Pagan books (ie Stark raving mad, graven images or courting madness) and some self published books as The Curse or The Art of Madness (or the french "L'affaire Jonathan Deluze" which is a very very good campaign).
Horror on the Orient Express is only uncommon but go for good money just because it is a wonderfull campaign.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 120123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 118119120