Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 120123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 118119120
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:00 am 

faro wrote:Just a little bit high IMO. Was expecting $250 or thereabouts (several sales around that mark in the past) and possibly closer to $300 given that it's a sweet-looking copy and there haven't been many up recently.
17.5/20.5 were also doing rather well on the last few outings.

=

Heh... no core Jorune 1e rulebook to go with Maustin Caji. "Lost in time" to the original owner, I'd guess.
I'm still surprised that's no more than four or five(?) copies of each known, given how well it was advertised in TD.
Anyone else with either of those?
I have both of these.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:45 pm 

stratochamp wrote: I have both of these.

Guess that's you, yourself and just about no-one else, Bill; thanks.
Almost joined in, there, but not quite. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:28 pm 

i'm pretty sure i picked them up at gencon. amy leker (she was the only one i ever saw at their booth) was there for 2 or 3 or 4 gencons (a lot of those mid-to-late 80's gencons blur together) and i'd buy whatever they had. i wrote previously here that i got something there that i haven't seen since- it's called Shanthas of Jorune...and a Ramian (Aug 1990 Pr).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:35 pm 

oops; just managed to edit out my own reply rather than add that link... :oops:
stratochamp wrote:i'm pretty sure i picked them up at gencon. amy leker (she was the only one i ever saw at their booth) was there for 2 or 3 or 4 gencons (a lot of those mid-to-late 80's gencons blur together) and i'd buy whatever they had.

Smart move all round, Bill. Even if that meant picking up some "not quite so memorable" small press items for elsewhere in passing, that has to be the easiest way to have built up a collection.
I take it Kirby Lee Davis never showed face, then, after that pasting they got?! :lol: (Albeit you managed to fill that gap, too, in the end thanks to Greg and another underbid here... ;))

stratochamp wrote:i wrote previously here that i got something there that i haven't seen since- it's called Shanthas of Jorune...

This one; http://www.jorune.org/art/SHANTHA.GIF ?
They had a .pdf on their site, but seems to have been pulled now.

[edit] Ah; it was deadlinked, but found "hidden" under the wrong spelling. ;)
=> http://www.jorune.org/files/shantas_of_Jorune.pdf

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:09 am 

Lot of Ka*Ge and Shadowland fanzines: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0364028434

Don't know nearly enough about them to know if any of those issues are the hard to find ones, but I know there are some Shadowrun fans here.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am 

g026r wrote:Lot of Ka*Ge and Shadowland fanzines:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Don't know nearly enough about them to know if any of those issues are the hard to find ones, but I know there are some Shadowrun fans here.

That's a dream lot for someone who wants the fanzines but doesn't have any of them  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:19 pm 

yeh just as I finished the Ka*Ge set too...

Issue 11 does actually does exist but it is printed as volume 1, issue 2.. I believe that some one has seen 11 and instead looked at it as II (roman numerals) and so changed it to a 2...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 pm 

A new seller (so that's always a risk), but Furioso doesn't come up all that often:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 am 

The Shadowland magazines are not that difficult to find, but the Ka Ge issues tend to be, especially the low numbered ones, like 0. If it weren't for the fact that I have them, I would be bidding on that lot... though, condition could be better. I hope whoever wins appreciates the awesomeness that is Shadowrun.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:03 pm 

I put the Furioso book in there.   I'm new to ebay and this site (which is great).   I did assume having no track record would be a hindrance to selling but so far it got four bids overnight.   Maybe the posting on this forum helped that out.   I put in an SPI civil war game cheap about 5 days ago and finally received my first bid on that.   I even screwed up the postage for the game and that didn't help.  Maybe it was a red flag as being way to low.

I'm still learning the ropes, but Furioso is one of the few supplements I've kept that hasn't been trashed or thrown away.  

Do marked up and mapless Companions modules sell for a buck?   I really regret wrecking them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:46 pm 

RalphPartha wrote:
Do marked up and mapless Companions modules sell for a buck?   I really regret wrecking them.

If you have more than three or four, I'd put them all in one lot and sell them as is.  Sometimes people want modules like that for parts.  I'm assuming they are too terribly trashed. :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:08 pm 

RalphPartha wrote:Do marked up and mapless Companions modules sell for a buck?   I really regret wrecking them.

To me, they would.

Next time I visit my parents (Elmhurst), I'd be happy to swing on 'round.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:57 pm 

RalphPartha wrote:Maybe the posting on this forum helped that out.

Glad to help.  :)

Do you mean these?  http://www.afterglow2.com/Product/Companions.htm

Some of them would still have good value even in lesser condition.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:43 pm 

RalphPartha wrote: Maybe the posting on this forum helped that out.

It certainly did.  I am the top bidder at the moment.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:52 pm 

I used to have all but the furnishings.   The only ones I can find are Plague of Terror, Bolt, and the two Gems modules.  Hareth is gone but the other four were probably thrown out by my wife.   I didn't keep them with my regular box and they were unmarked.

So I should put the lot up for auction at a reasonable price and if no one buys then mordrin can come over and buy them for $99.99 since he'd be saving shipping.

Mordrin, what street do your parents live on.   Maybe I know them.   Or maybe I am them.  :lol:

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm 

Thanks Form and Historian.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:20 pm 

RalphPartha wrote:The only ones I can find are Plague of Terror, Bolt, and the two Gems modules.

I would recommend going through them, noting condition/defects, and then offering them here.  Some of these are highly valuable (especially Bolt).

If they are incomplete or have a lot of defects, that will of course lower the value considerably, but I'm sure some folks will still be interested!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm 

Steve Jackson Games reprint of Authentic Thaumaturgywith a 99p BIN. A bargain if you're in the UK.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 120123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 118119120