Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 120123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:51 am 

Big spender: more than my 2nd attempt "out of curiosity", Brette. ;)

Well, they surprised me by replying, but didn't post that on eBay, fwiw. :)

"... After the auction, the winning bidder contacted me that they did not want the item for whatever their reasoning. Did not matter to me the reason. In the end they asked if I could cancel the transaction and I did. The case was closed and I relisted the book as a different format because I was soured by the whole auction process after all that. I am sorry for the confusion you have over the last auction for this item. Although I do not discourage you from obtaining the item if you still choose, keep in mind however that it is a higher amount at a fixed price with a best offer option but it is free shipping within the States only. I cannot offer this worldwide. If you would want the item then I could find out an estimate of shipping to the UK. Thank you very much for your concern in the entire matter. I hope this has not soured you from my item."

Three days was a pretty quick auction turnaround. Would've been easier to cancel their bid if they were that sure they didn't want it, no?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:02 am 

A bald-faced lie, of course. He claims he has no idea what the value would be, but puts it at $425. The value is $67, at least according to the previous auction. It's quite obvious he expected it to go for much more, and when it didn't, he reneged.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 am 

I've commenced fucking with him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm 

Here's part of the response:

I did not "stiff" the previous acution winner. If you happen to be refering to harami2000 he contacted me last night claiming he was the actual winner of the auction when he was not. His bid was not high enough to win the item. The actual winner did not want the item so I cancelled the transaction and relisted the item with a new acution format.

What that translates to is:
"harami2000 had the second highest bid, but since $67 wasn't nearly high enough, I didn't offer him a Second-Chance option. Why would I, when I wasn't even willing to sell it to the high bidder? So, I relisted it with a stupid price."

More to follow.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:59 pm 

Whale Tagger wrote:Here's part of the response:

I did not "stiff" the previous acution winner. If you happen to be refering to harami2000 he contacted me last night claiming he was the actual winner of the auction when he was not.

Ouch.  This guy's apparently confident in the length of his shovel handle.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:39 pm 

The only real complaint anyone has against this guy is the guy who won the auction, surely? If the winner has no problem with not completing the sale, then everything seems to be legit' and above board. The assumption is being made that someone got stiffed here. Is there any evidence of this?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:35 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The assumption is being made that someone got stiffed here. Is there any evidence of this?

I think the problem is that the guy shilled his own auction because he wasn't getting the price he wanted.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 pm 

As always, Mars hit it on the head.

Latest reply:
$67 was the ending auction price and harami2000 was not the winner. He received (for whatever reason) a 2nd chance offer on the book. I believe he is just upset that I didn't act on the second chance offer when it was still available. It's a free country to do so or not. What ever my reasons for relisting the item as a different format and for a different price are my own. It's what I should've done in the first place, but that's neither here nor there. The fact remains, this is the present auction format and this is the present price. The old auction is closed and so is any lingering issues, be they genuine or the work of sour grapes. Harami2000 was not the previous winner nor does he have any ground to file any inquiry into the present matter. And, of note this is not a MERP book, nor can it be held in the same arena in determining value at or around $66-$67 range as such. My fault for thinking that there was genuine interest in a one-of-a-kind rare book. It's value is practically indeterminant as it's pretty much based on how much someone else in the world knows or feels it's rare/valuable.

Translation:
"I shilled my own auction, and it went to $67. That really isn't enough for me, so I reneged and relisted it."

Round 3.....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:41 pm 

And to end it:

That's fine. I've already explained the apparent "shill" as you and sarami2000 believe it to you and sarami. And, one last time, the auction ran its course. It was not pulled. I couldn't even do that if I wanted after there was a placed bid. Sarami did not win the auction. Plain and simple.
The concensus can also believe what they want. They already have it in their heads mistakingly placed by certain people, so I'm not going to bend over backwards in order to appease them. It is what it is.
If people want to go elsewhere for a copy of Darkus then let them. As far as the market on ebay I still have the only one presently. It will sell for what ever it sells for; be it the typical amount or more. I was not aware of the typical price. Besides, is this for an outstanding copy or what? And I doubt there's another pristine one going for less. Thanky you very much for your concern.

Be warned, sarami :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:53 pm 

I contacted the seller when he first listed the auction. He listed it at $100 starting price and $500 BIN. I told him that even if this book is rare, it does not worth more than $50-60 and the last copies sold for $25 (in poor shape). He answered that he will think about this and finally relist it at $50 starting price. I asked to add a $70-80 BIN before he relist it but he claimed that this book is very rare and unvaluable... and he wanted the market estimates the value...

And as Mars said, I am pretty sure he shilled his auction.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Last edited by lokiwookie on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:03 pm 

Whale Tagger wrote:As far as the market on ebay I still have the only one presently.

Looks like there is another copy up for sale now too ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

@lokiwookie: Thanks for the background. Surprised they're not blaming you because you talked them down from a $100 start.

Whale Tagger wrote:He received (for whatever reason) a 2nd chance offer on the book. I believe he is just upset that I didn't act on the second chance offer when it was still available.

Surely that can't be verbatim, Frank?
First I got a 2nd chance offer (not true and I'd love to know what "for whatever reason" means - Pisces ascendant and Sagittarius midheaven?) and then they didn't act on that...

Whale Tagger wrote:Be warned, sarami :)

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm 

Mars wrote:Looks like there is another copy up for sale now too ;)

:lol: :lol:

--

Briefly back on topic; Trollcrusher #19 - finally picking up some interest despite not being advertised;  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
- still under $10, 14 hours to go

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 pm 

Ah. So the guy was his own highest bidder? I missed that. So presumably complaints have been made to eBay?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:13 pm 

The auction has been up for all of a couple minutes and already a question from a certain competing seller:

What makes you think your's is not the exact same one I have? I have the same copyright dates, plus mine is for less, regardless of the misinformation going around about one soured individual who doesn't have his facts straight. One other thing, your shipping is outrageous.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:30 pm 

Mars wrote:The auction has been up for all of a couple minutes and already a question from a certain competing seller:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm 

Mars wrote:The auction has been up for all of a couple minutes and already a question from a certain competing seller:

:?:  Which auction?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:55 pm 

And I thought I had a lot of free time...

:lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 120123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 118119120