Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 120123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 118119120
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 pm 

But I don't remember there was a reserve on this item, and why bidding at $14.99 when the BIN is $15?  :?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:25 pm 

Chaosium Inc has some interesting Phoenix Games items like Lost Abbey of Calthonwey or Quill & Scroll Issue 1

** expired/removed eBay auction **

they refuse to ship overseas though

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:But I don't remember there was a reserve on this item, and why bidding at $14.99 when the BIN is $15?  :?

I did something similar once...I bid what I felt good paying...and it actually ended up selling quite a bit higher than the BIN price. Now as to why bidding $14.95 on a $15.00 BIN...

I guess a nickel saved is a nickel closer to that Ferrari...  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm 

I'm curious about this one.

It's a Teeth of Mordor, but another was sold today for £ 15.20. I'm sure the one I posted above was due to finish next week, but it was ended at £ 3.99- presumably less than the seller originally paid for it. I wonder why?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 pm 

astenon wrote:I wonder why?

The auction ended with a buy-it-now.  The bidder clicked the BIN button at the BIN price of 3.99.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 pm 

1dt Edition, 2nd Print High Fantasy

Powers and Perils - still has brochures and dice

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 pm 

Just curious as to what defines this one as a 2nd print?  I have 3 different early prints and don't really know which came first.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 am 

Mars wrote:
Just curious as to what defines this one as a 2nd print?  I have 3 different early prints and don't really know which came first.

To the best of my knowledge (and according to Heroic Worlds):

1st print: orange cover
2nd print: cream cover (though has a multi-coloured flyleaf cover and came in a ziplock bag) - the listing above is missing cover sheet and bag
3rd print: multi-coloured cover

If you have an orange cover, I am really envious - I have looked for one as long as I have been collecting but have never found one.

I am not sure if the second print was always released in the ziplock bag with the colour flyleaf. It may be that it was released with only the cream cover first.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:1st print: orange cover

No I don't have an orange cover yet.  I only really remember the one that was sold way back.

I do have 3 versions of the "2nd print" though - two with different flyleaf covers and a one that didn't come with the cover but the book is different.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:17 am 

Mars wrote:
No I don't have an orange cover yet.  I only really remember the one that was sold way back.

I do have 3 versions of the "2nd print" though - two with different flyleaf covers and a one that didn't come with the cover but the book is different.

I had no idea there were different versions of the 2nd print 'cream' coloured one. I have three '2nd prints' also, but they appear to be identical. Have you put these up on ToT?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 am 

Mars wrote:I do have 3 versions of the "2nd print" though - two with different flyleaf covers and a one that didn't come with the cover but the book is different.

The difference between the flyleaf covers is the the price isn't it? I have only one 2nd pr. (or what is call 2nd print in Heroic Worlds) and one 3rd print. It seems that all 3rd print are the same. Could you give more information about the "book is different" for the one without cover please Mark?

Did you already see a copy with this "orange cover"? I never saw it anywhere... As the hardcover print of Goldchester

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:27 am 

Yeah, I was just looking at your flyleafs on Tot. I believe, I only have the later one. Like lokiwookie, I am unclear also on book differences.....?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Did you already see a copy with this "orange cover"?

Yes, I remember an auction for the orange cover a few years ago.  At the time the seller was selling a lot of nonTSR stuff so I bought a number of items but didn't win that one.  I am sure I have the auction saved somewhere and though I posted the auction picture a while back.

For the 2nd print books, all 3 versions that I have have the cream coloured book.  Two of them have the loose flyleaf which have different insides.  The 3rd copy uses different coloured paper for the some of the table sheets.

The 3rd print has the colour cover stapled to the booklet and has the price included on the cover and also some text/art changes.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm 

Thanks Mark!

Could you post the difference on ToT when you get the time? And pictures of the loose flyleaf with have different insides if possible. Which one is the one with a price on it?

And for the orange cover, if you can find somewhere this picture, I will be highly interested to see what it looks like!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 pm 

Seller obeewan has the four steel miniatures from the D&D electronic game along with some older dice.  Pricey but useful to make a complete game:

. . .  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:08 pm 

WD 1 - seller has quite a lot of interesting stuff (Beholders, WD Binders)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:49 am 

Soft cover  High fantasy(Reston pub)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:19 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Soft cover  High fantasy(Reston pub)

it was stored in a damp place at some point & has some minor water stains & the pages are not flat.

Perhaps that explains the lack of bids....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 120123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 118119120