Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 120123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 118119120
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm 

carrejo wrote:for those interested there is another necromancer games lot going at $24.99 with ~14hrs remaining...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Was there a BIN on this originally?  (like the other lots they are selling?)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 pm 

yes, normally it starts with an opening bid amount of $24.99 and a BIN of 49.99 (IIRC)...

Jorge

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
Was there a BIN on this originally?  (like the other lots they are selling?)

They have been $50 for the BIN

The other lots have been Kalamar and Hackmaster. The quantity on both lots has been decreasing (since some of the overstock doesn't appear to be as overstocked as the other overstock, pardon my french).

They've also had smaller lots for sale from the start. Been going on awhile now.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm 

I bought one of the large Hackmaster lots.  I can confirm Amber Blackburn as the name of the seller.  That's not the most common last name out there, so there has to be some connection.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm 

You know it isn't a good sign for a company when one of their main figures appears on Ebay selling off their back stock.

On the other hand, Kenzer is probably getting more for these items on Ebay than they were getting through game distributors.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 pm 

FormCritic wrote:You know it isn't a good sign for a company when one of their main figures appears on Ebay selling off their back stock.

On the other hand, Kenzer is probably getting more for these items on Ebay than they were getting through game distributors.

I don't know. Goodman and Troll Lords had their super back stock sales last year. This Kalamar stuff is 3rd edition, Hackmaster has come out with a new edition, and this Necromancer stuff is 3rd edition. They wouldn't get much wholesaling it to a liquidator or reseller.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 am 

What I am picturing is one former employee selling stuff out of her garage.

That's what happened with a number of D20 publishers...Fast Forward Entertainment springs to mind.

Obviously they didn't just dump their stock to Half Price Books, which is what some other publishers did...the Fantasy Flight Games Midnight line springs to mind.

A company clearing their shelves with a sale on their website...which features new products and plans for the future...has a whole different set of implications than a forlorn Ebay sale.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 am 

FormCritic wrote:What I am picturing is one former employee selling stuff out of her garage.

That's what happened with a number of D20 publishers...Fast Forward Entertainment springs to mind.

Obviously they didn't just dump their stock to Half Price Books, which is what some other publishers did...the Fantasy Flight Games Midnight line springs to mind.

A company clearing their shelves with a sale on their website...which features new products and plans for the future...has a whole different set of implications than a forlorn Ebay sale.

These are pretty much slamming out on ebay. The necromancer lots are about every 3 days. Haven't been following the Hackmaster or Kalamar lots (Just thankful I don't have more than a handful of them to sell myself because they can't be worth much while this liquadation is going on).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am 

Metamorphosis-Alpha-1st-Edition

Seller has a lot of OD&D also, and en-garde as well.

Plus a couple of Warhammer listings too.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am 

This guy just had a round of auctions. I made one MERP purchase through my US proxy  :)  (thanks lucyjoyce) and the transaction was perfect.

Seller has listed a bunch of other MERP stuff. May be a good chance to get some items for a low price.

eBay listings

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm 

Magic Realm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 pm 

Not on eBay, but over on NKG...

NKG have a copy of Cloudland (Grenadier) up at $15. May be a good buy if you have a gap and aren't overly fussed about condition.

They also have the original 1st printing of The Book of Mars, by The Image Game Company. It's $195, which presumably is a figure they plucked from the air, but this is the complete manuscript, not the truncated version later published by FASA, and this is only the second copy I have ever seen a picture of. So, I wonder if it has it's second cover (it came with a maroon paper cover wrapped over a maroon leather embossed card cover, both identical, but the first protecting the card cover for mailing and instore display) Both covers present would be quite a surprise. Anyone here on Acaeum have a copy?

Also of note is Group One's Iron Hoof Highlands, but at $150 you'd need to be desparate for a copy. I know they're hard to come buy, but at that price it must be worth a wait.

James Raggi now has his own presence there. Lamentation of the Flame Princess is listing five products, and I'd be willing to bet that paper copies of these will be worth something in the future. Random Esoteric Creature Creator has already been picked up and republished by Goodman Games, and the 1st printing is not available, so I wonder how many of us have that 1st printing digest, and how much that will be worth in due course.

There are also two copies of Legacy, at the upper side of their price bracket (wonder if the transparencies are with them?), and a few digests from Little Soldier, a copy of Dungeon 124, Underworld Publishing's Harbinger or Darkness for $7.50 and PPP's Bottle City at a mere $18.

But the bargain of the day has to be a near mint copy of Task Force Game's Dungeons for under $40! I bet that doesn't stay on sale for long.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:26 pm 

Time and Time again, in SW

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-Time-Time-Agai ... 0487580708

And $15 BIN!!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Time and Time again, in SW

And $15 BIN!!

Not now...someone put a 14.99 max bid on it  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 am 

......journey down the Mississippi with Same Clemens

:lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 pm 

GreyM wrote:
Not now...someone put a 14.99 max bid on it  :lol:

Very strange ... the starting price was $0.99 if I remember, and there is only one bid.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
Very strange ... the starting price was $0.99 if I remember, and there is only one bid.

I don't know the inner workings of ebay, but I believe there's a way to bid that goes up to the sellers reserve amount. I've bid on items that have had reserves on them, it increases the bid a small amount and then says something like "your highest bid has not met the reserve amount". I don't know if they had a reserve of 14.99 with a BIN of 15 or what...but it might explain it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 am 

GreyM wrote:I don't know the inner workings of ebay, but I believe there's a way to bid that goes up to the sellers reserve amount. I've bid on items that have had reserves on them, it increases the bid a small amount and then says something like "your highest bid has not met the reserve amount". I don't know if they had a reserve of 14.99 with a BIN of 15 or what...but it might explain it.

Yeah.  If you make a bid that's equal to or greater than the reserve the item's current price is automatically incremented up to the reserve.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 120123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 118119120