Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 120123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:17 pm 

carrejo wrote:for those interested there is another necromancer games lot going at $24.99 with ~14hrs remaining...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Is Jolly Blackburn selling these?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Is Jolly Blackburn selling these?

Jason, not really sure who the seller is...

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 pm 

carrejo wrote:
Jason, not really sure who the seller is...

I picked up one of the Necromancer lots for someone and the seller was Amber Blackburn. Made me wonder?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 pm 

carrejo wrote:

I missed out on the last round, it went higher than my max bid, but I won the bid this time around at $29.01....appreciate the info. on these items..look forward to receiving and digging into them....  :D

I was bidding on an earlier version of this lot when we started talking about Necromancer Games on the D20 strand.

I pushed my bid up slightly higher because I did not want to wait for a better price on identical lot #5.

These books arrived yesterday, nicely shipped in a solid box.  The modules were slightly more shelf-worn than I thought they should have been for new modules and the seller was somewhat slow in getting them into the mail but overall I am satisfied.  

I love this kind of collecting situation...when a lot appears again and again...because it gives me a chance to win an auction as the big dogs get their bone and trot off to chew it.

I kept hunting, sniping and shaking the tree for a second edition Thieves Guild box...and then chanced to win one for cheap in shrinkwrap with a City of Haven box also in shrinkwrap.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I picked up one of the Necromancer lots for someone and the seller was Amber Blackburn. Made me wonder?

Enlighten us.....?  Who is that?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Enlighten us.....?  Who is that?

Jolly Blackburn is mainly known for being the creator of KODT (Knights of the Dinner Table) comic books, part of the Kenzer & company family for various years now....as far as I know involved in various of their rpgs published by Kenzer in the last years...(Kalamar, Aces & Eights, etc.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:14 pm 

I figured the seller had to be someone associated with one of the two companies.  Otherwise, where did all the duplicate stock come from?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I figured the seller had to be someone associated with one of the two companies.  Otherwise, where did all the duplicate stock come from?

They have been selling off Kalamar stuff for a while, I picked up a lot with almost 30 books in it about 4 or 5 months back, now they have broken it into smaller groups.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm 

carrejo wrote:for those interested there is another necromancer games lot going at $24.99 with ~14hrs remaining...

Was there a BIN on this originally?  (like the other lots they are selling?)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 pm 

yes, normally it starts with an opening bid amount of $24.99 and a BIN of 49.99 (IIRC)...

Jorge

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
Was there a BIN on this originally?  (like the other lots they are selling?)

They have been $50 for the BIN

The other lots have been Kalamar and Hackmaster. The quantity on both lots has been decreasing (since some of the overstock doesn't appear to be as overstocked as the other overstock, pardon my french).

They've also had smaller lots for sale from the start. Been going on awhile now.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm 

I bought one of the large Hackmaster lots.  I can confirm Amber Blackburn as the name of the seller.  That's not the most common last name out there, so there has to be some connection.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm 

You know it isn't a good sign for a company when one of their main figures appears on Ebay selling off their back stock.

On the other hand, Kenzer is probably getting more for these items on Ebay than they were getting through game distributors.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 pm 

FormCritic wrote:You know it isn't a good sign for a company when one of their main figures appears on Ebay selling off their back stock.

On the other hand, Kenzer is probably getting more for these items on Ebay than they were getting through game distributors.

I don't know. Goodman and Troll Lords had their super back stock sales last year. This Kalamar stuff is 3rd edition, Hackmaster has come out with a new edition, and this Necromancer stuff is 3rd edition. They wouldn't get much wholesaling it to a liquidator or reseller.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 am 

What I am picturing is one former employee selling stuff out of her garage.

That's what happened with a number of D20 publishers...Fast Forward Entertainment springs to mind.

Obviously they didn't just dump their stock to Half Price Books, which is what some other publishers did...the Fantasy Flight Games Midnight line springs to mind.

A company clearing their shelves with a sale on their website...which features new products and plans for the future...has a whole different set of implications than a forlorn Ebay sale.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 am 

FormCritic wrote:What I am picturing is one former employee selling stuff out of her garage.

That's what happened with a number of D20 publishers...Fast Forward Entertainment springs to mind.

Obviously they didn't just dump their stock to Half Price Books, which is what some other publishers did...the Fantasy Flight Games Midnight line springs to mind.

A company clearing their shelves with a sale on their website...which features new products and plans for the future...has a whole different set of implications than a forlorn Ebay sale.

These are pretty much slamming out on ebay. The necromancer lots are about every 3 days. Haven't been following the Hackmaster or Kalamar lots (Just thankful I don't have more than a handful of them to sell myself because they can't be worth much while this liquadation is going on).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am 

Metamorphosis-Alpha-1st-Edition

Seller has a lot of OD&D also, and en-garde as well.

Plus a couple of Warhammer listings too.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am 

This guy just had a round of auctions. I made one MERP purchase through my US proxy  :)  (thanks lucyjoyce) and the transaction was perfect.

Seller has listed a bunch of other MERP stuff. May be a good chance to get some items for a low price.

eBay listings

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 120123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 118119120