Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 120123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:51 pm 

If your max bid is over the previous bidders max bid, yet under the bid increment that your max bid would be placed in, then it'll show what you bid as max.  If in Jason's example you bid 13.27 it would show you winning and the current high bid at 13.26
I have had Ebay work in my favor once or twice with telling me what to bid.  Having bid but being told I needed to bid x amount and doing so won auctions for 1 cent what the other bidder had put in.  Not sure if it was a glitch at the time, me just having the next highest bid by the minimum +.01 or what.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 pm 

eBay listings

Corum by Darcsyde on license from Chaosium.  Part of their Elric/Stormbringer line.  Rare.

Buy-It-Now at $20.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:58 pm 

FormCritic wrote:eBay listings

Corum by Darcsyde on license from Chaosium.  Part of their Elric/Stormbringer line.  Rare.

Buy-It-Now at $20.

15.99 at half price books on Amazon

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 am 

Example for eBay newbies:

The minimum bid increments are set by eBay.  Minimum bid increments are based upon the current bid.  The higher the current bid, the higher the minimum bid increment.

Let's say that I am losing an auction.  I notice that the current winning bid is not a full bid increment of fifty cents:

Losing Screenshot wrote:[ Image ]

I know that the other buyer has reached his maxiumum bid.  I just need one more bid to be the high bidder:

Winning Screenshot wrote:[ Image ]

I am high bidder for the moment.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 am 

What are eBay bucks?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:51 am 

Age of ruin (cutting edge games) ending very soon...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

onlu 1£ and 30min left

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 am 

Whale Tagger wrote:What are eBay bucks?

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:22 am 

Whale Tagger wrote:What are eBay bucks?

Credits earned for purchases that are redeemed when you buy something.  They don't amount to much unless you're buying tons of stuff but every little bit helps.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:41 am 

Is that a US only think. Like coupons are?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:34 pm 

Ebay bucks are US only

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:07 pm 

I'm guessing that's like having coupons for everything? You have to have them or you're not getting a bargain? Is this coupon/discount type culture a class thing? Or is it universally liked by all? In the UK it would be looked upon as a very lower class mentality, but that's probably just here in the UK which is why it's not been rolled out here. How lon has it been going for?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 pm 

Hi,

we went to Canada a few years ago.

Coupons are ENGRAINED into the culture.
The next door neighbours to where we were staying even came round with books of them for us :)

Have to admit I dont do coupons :)

The Missus aften does - but generally they have to be big amounts, and online.
Her best so far was £200 ($300) EACH off our flights to Indy this year :)

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:38 pm 

I saw something on TV about people in America who wouldn't buy beans and soup from a shop because they didn't take coupons, and they'd go all the way across town to another shop to buy the same produce and save their 30 cents. And apparently they have websites telling you where you can get your coupons and where the best deals are to use them. Apparently some shops like give you double the coupon value to get you to buy your soup from them.

That's an almost perfect description of white trash. uneducated moms with a handbag full of coupons living off welfare and collecting coupons so she has that extra bit of money to pay for her cigarettes and her boyfriend's bears.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:46 pm 

. wrote:I saw something on TV about people in America who wouldn't buy beans and soup from a shop because they didn't take coupons, and they'd go all the way across town to another shop to buy the same produce and save their 30 cents. And apparently they have websites telling you where you can get your coupons and where the best deals are to use them. Apparently some shops like give you double the coupon value to get you to buy your soup from them.

That's an almost perfect description of white trash. uneducated moms with a handbag full of coupons living off welfare and collecting coupons so she has that extra bit of money to pay for her cigarettes and her boyfriend's bears.

Your post seems overdramatic to me.
I do not see anyone going across town to save $0.30 on a single can of beans, or soup.
If so then yes, that is stupid.
You are implying that the so-called "trailor trash mom" has just that one coupon.
I have seen women take a stack of coupons out of a bag that would rival a highly succesful Drug Dealers Wads of $100 bills.
And at times they end up owing just a few bucks for an entire grocery cart filled to the brim (or two or three carts).
Driving across town to save $0.30 would indeed be stupid.
Buy driving across town to get your groceries for nearly FREE is not.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm 

Hiya,

yeah, but to be fair, some people really aren't that well off, so coupons in those cases can mean the difference between some sweets for the kids or nothing.

Its always something of a surprise when I get dragged round a supermarket, and we spend £50, and the Missus hands over a bunch of paper and suddenly its £35, plus I get a voucher for 5p off a litre of petrol (which I DO use!) :)

I wouldnt go out of my way to spend them tho...

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:05 pm 

Hell I use coupons if its something I buy, don't tend to buy something just because I've seen a coupon for it though.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm 

No seriously, there was a documentory on US coupons and a website that started telling everyone where to go to cash them in. Kinda like MoneySupermarket.com, but for coupons in the US. There was one woman who organised trips for people in her neighbourhood to go to stores to cash in certain coupons. It really was nuts. Thing is, these women were all pant suits and cheap hairdos, and clearly had nothing better to do during their day.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:42 pm 

. wrote:No seriously, there was a documentory on US coupons and a website that started telling everyone where to go to cash them in. Kinda like MoneySupermarket.com, but for coupons in the US. There was one woman who organised trips for people in her neighbourhood to go to stores to cash in certain coupons. It really was nuts. Thing is, these women were all pant suits and cheap hairdos, and clearly had nothing better to do during their day.

I shop at the supermarket and use coupons and sale items. My average shopping trip savings is 55%.

I'm pretty good at organizing things, some people are not. I can see why they would form a group to help. You also get different coupons from different magazines, newspapers and websites. A group can swap out coupons or let someone know which sunday papers to buy. I can get a couple different sunday papers for $1. If one paper has coupons that are worth $20 in savings, I will buy a couple of copies.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 120123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 118119120