Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 120123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 118119120
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm 

simrion wrote:
Perhaps the mention was for the Warrior & Wizards HC?  It's a compilation of the solo adventures for High Fantasy such as In Search of Saena Sephar.  I have a copy in hard cover and the color is similar to the Goldchester soft cover.

Wizards and Warriors is listed in Heroic Worlds as well, and as a separate item to a possible HC Goldchester.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:41 pm 

DCC C9 - Tomb of the Blind God (White Cover with Dundracon Logo)

1 Left from Troll & Toad

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeon-Crawl-Class ... %26ps%3D54

Enjoy :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:DCC C9 - Tomb of the Blind God (White Cover with Dundracon Logo)

1 Left from Troll & Toad

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Enjoy :)

there is currently one that is going cheaper...$25 with an option to get it a bit cheaper...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 pm 

Sorry everyone....buy the cheaper one...

Don't overpay like I just did. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:37 pm 

i have heard positive things about necromancer products on this site, I normally get the items to read through since I don't play anmore...are these worth getting ?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:02 pm 

It's certainly worth bidding on at that price. Family Affair has hed good Write ups, and Jhedophar is a good read (haven't played it). Don't know much about the others, but they do form a set. The PDFs would set you back $40 one sale, so I'd suggect $40 is a fair price for hardcopy. I'd certainly be willing to pay that for them.

The Necromancer stuff is likely to steadily rise in value. Firstly, the stuff is unlikely to be reprinted and the company is no more (or at least no longer active). Secondly, most of the product put out by NG has high production value, good artwork and good cartography, and a lot of the writers are talented. Finally, with some of the best product around being put out by NG (Rappan Athuk, Abysthor, CSIO, Wilderlands, etc.) it is inevitable that some people discovering a gem like that will start to put together collections. Whilst we've already seen that for meny years with Goodman Games (as they designed their product range that way), I don't think we've seen the influence of the d20 collectors on the NG stuff as much as we're going to.

All said, now that you've flagged it up, there are many here who are likely to be bidding on it. You're not gonna get them for $25 now.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:15 pm 

. wrote:All said, now that you've flagged it up, there are many here who are likely to be bidding on it. You're not gonna get them for $25 now.  :D

thanks Ian.
I have been known to pull the trigger and overpay on items without consulting the experts (since I am more of a newbie) especially on the Non TSR stuff, so rather pay a bit more for stuff thats worth it, thanks again.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 pm 

carrejo wrote:
thanks Ian.
I have been known to pull the trigger and overpay on items without consulting the experts (since I am more of a newbie) especially on the Non TSR stuff, so rather pay a bit more for stuff thats worth it, thanks again.  :D

The last two listings of that set went for $49.95 and $35.99.  (I won the second set...having been colossally dumb enough to mention Necromancer Games in a review on the Acaeum just before the auction closed.  :x )

When sets like this come out one at a time from the same seller, they tend to go down in price with each appearance.  Now that we've talked about Necromancer here, that seems less likely.

I do know that I have bid on individual publications from that set on numerous occasions.  They have all eluded me - tending to go in the $14 range individually.  So, the set is a good deal, if anything in game collecting is a good deal.  :wink:

One funny thing about that auction.  $35.99 was my maximum bid.  The bid right below mine was $35.05.

94 cents is an odd increment for bids to go up.  :?

My bid was a snipe, so it landed at the last second.  It just seems odd.  :?:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:43 pm 

K1: A Family Affair
K2 The Diamond Fortress
K3: The Doom of Listonshire
K4: The Coils of Set
K5: The Sixth Spheres of Zaihhess
K6: Shades of Gray
K7: The Tower of Jhedophar
K9: Elemental Moon

The 1st 3 have glossy stock type of paper, thin sort of see through, not good production quality, which because of talk they fixed for the later ones.  Not sure what Kenzer was thinking, but that's the only bad bit about the modules.
Been a while since having read these, all are pretty good.
K7 is from Casey Christofferson, a personal friend of mine, who has a unique writing style.  You like his stuff you'll like this.
K6 is a really good adventure and maybe the last from the author.  Personal life choices came back to haunt him.  Met him and his wife at various GenCons.
Only other one I can recall is K4, liked what I read of it, and think I read it first out of all of them.

Any other Necromancer Games products you want to know about I'll try and answer, I've read them all, talked to many of the authors, but its been a couple of years or more since so don't expect much :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

The last two listings of that set went for $49.95 and $35.99.  (I won the second set...having been colossally dumb enough to mention Necromancer Games in a review on the Acaeum just before the auction closed.  :x )

When sets like this come out one at a time from the same seller, they tend to go down in price with each appearance.  Now that we've talked about Necromancer here, that seems less likely.

I do know that I have bid on individual publications from that set on numerous occasions.  They have all eluded me - tending to go in the $14 range individually.  So, the set is a good deal, if anything in game collecting is a good deal.  :wink:

One funny thing about that auction.  $35.99 was my maximum bid.  The bid right below mine was $35.05.

The 49.95 bin isn't bad except that this seller runs these lots continually. The chances are that there will be so many lots sold that the 24.95 price will be the going rate. Now the Kalamar lots and Hackmaster lots are still being put up for sale, but getting smaller over time as certain items in the lot obviously werent as overstocked in depth as others.

I'm not sure what the shipping cost is but it looks like a choice between getting these 8 modules for around a minimum of $4.50 a piece or a maximum of around $7.50 apiece.  Not an absolutely fantastic buy (as some sellers were dumping these for $1 apiece + shipping awhile back) but with all the acaeum talk about necromancer games the price is on the rise.

The 1st rule of RPG collecting is not to talk about what RPGs we are collecting.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:52 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:The 1st rule of RPG collecting is not to talk about what RPGs we are collecting.

When you have it all (from what ever company/line/etc is being discussed), then you don't have to worry about that rule :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm 

FormCritic wrote:One funny thing about that auction.  $35.99 was my maximum bid.  The bid right below mine was $35.05.

Your bid was at least one bid increment over the current bid, but wasn't a full bid increment over that bidder's maximum bid, thus you got it for your maximum bid.

(Challenging to parse, as are all things ebay, but that's as succinctly as I could explain it)

I'll also note that I bought a Hackmaster lot from this seller and it arrived okay.  Slow to ship though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:42 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
Your bid was at least one bid increment over the current bid, but wasn't a full bid increment over that bidder's maximum bid, thus you got it for your maximum bid.

(Challenging to parse, as are all things ebay, but that's as succinctly as I could explain it)

I'll also note that I bought a Hackmaster lot from this seller and it arrived okay.  Slow to ship though.

So, if the seller sets bid increments at $100 and I bid $199 over the next highest bid...the seller gets to keep the other $99?

I'm missing something here about the Ebay rules... :?:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:43 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:(Challenging to parse, as are all things ebay, but that's as succinctly as I could explain it)

eBay's proxy bidding is one of those things I've always understood personally, but found very difficult to explain to others. Much like the Infield Fly rule.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:46 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I'm missing something here about the Ebay rules... :?:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:50 pm 

Give me the short version....is my example correct?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:55 pm 

No. For one thing, sellers don't set the increments; eBay does.

Think of proxy bidding as "eBay will bid up to my maximum bid on my behalf so I don't have to log onto the damn site 87 times per day" and you're off to a good start. Followed by "of course, I have no idea what anyone else's maximum bid is, so who knows what's going to happen here?"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:57 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Give me the short version....is my example correct?

Suppose there is an item that is at $9.99 and someone places a max bid of 12.76 on it. The bid will be at $9.99 and to beat it says you have to bid at least .50c more.

So you try to bid 10.01 and a warning says you need to bid at least 10.49

So this time you bid 12.77

The new high price will be 12.77

Ebay will look at as the proxy raise of 2.77 from the current high bidder (which meets the minimum .50c raise) and a raise from you of 2.78 (which also meets the minimum .50s raise). Even though the increment is .50c it will consider that both the high bidder and you have bid that or more.

I think that is the way it works. Let me know if I have it wrong.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 120123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 118119120