Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 120123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 118119120
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
Great, an opportunity for more items reeking of smoke to be added to my collection...

:lol:

I have most all of his newest products and I do not mind the smoke smell too much, otherwise I would not have bought the second item, much less all the others. 8)

But yes, the smoke smell is obvious and can be smelled from a good ways off too.
Being the writer/self publisher (and a heavy smoker) I do not know what he could do to eleviate that.
I suspect that him quitting smoking is highly unlikely and I for one want him to continue to produce as many products as he can.

I will continue to (As best I can) ignore and certainly forgive the smoke smell.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:24 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The second printing of Tower of Blood should be available later today:

http://lordofthegreendragons.blogspot.c ... lable.html

Tower of Blood can now be ordered! :)

Thanks for the update King.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
Great, an opportunity for more items reeking of smoke to be added to my collection...

Every item I have purchased from Pied Piper has smelled like smoke at first.  Now none of them do since I know how to get rid of it.  Now if they smelled like cat piss....then I might complain.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Now none of them do since I know how to get rid of it.

Hey King, whats the best way to get rid of the smell ? wasnt really sure the most effective way of doing it without damaging the product...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm 

carrejo wrote:
Hey King, whats the best way to get rid of the smell ? wasnt really sure the most effective way of doing it without damaging the product...

Good question....  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm 

carrejo wrote:

I've tried a couple of different methods.  The first one I used was putting a dryer sheet in-between a couple of the pages and putting the module in a mylar bag.  That just ended up masking the smoke smell with "Summer Breeze" or "Spring Meadow"....so dont do that.  So I tried putting another smoky module in a plastic tupperware type container with baking soda.  I just laid the module in there with one of those Arm & Hammer baking soda bricks with the vent on it.  I left it in the box for about a week and I can't smell the smoke at all anymore.  I have read activated charcoal works as well.

However....I can't guarantee this will work for everything.  The modules that I did this to were a couple of Judges Guild and the PPP ones.  Might not work as well on the TSR modules that had the different paper.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
That just ended up masking the smoke smell with "Summer Breeze" or "Spring Meadow"....so dont do that.  

I think my wife wouldn't mind that  8)

Thanks for the info, I have a couple of items that I would like to try the "baking soda" method, and see if it works...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:00 pm 

i bought Tom Wham's personal copy of a pad of the 1009 character record sheets about 4 years ago and the pad, while beautiful, smelled a little...musty. i used 3 dryer sheets, but kept the items out in the open. the musty smell went away in about three months. and there is no lingering fabreze scent either. with some original stuff of Rob Kuntz that i have acquired i used the lay them out on the piano for a year to air out plan. the smoky smell did finally go away.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Being the writer/self publisher (and a heavy smoker) I do not know what he could do to eleviate that.
I suspect that him quitting smoking is highly unlikely and I for one want him to continue to produce as many products as he can.

It seems unprofessional to me that a new item would arrive smelling like smoke.  I'm not saying anyone shouldn't smoke - that's their call - but couldn't these be stored somewhere neutral until shipped?  They're not printed in his basement, are they?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:but couldn't these be stored somewhere neutral until shipped?

Where?  Switzerland?  :wink:

Honestly....I dunno.  You'll have to ask Rob where he stores his stuff.  He ships everything himself most likely so until he stops smoking, regardless of what he does there will always be a slight smoke smell to his products.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Where?  Switzerland?  :wink:

Honestly....I dunno.  You'll have to ask Rob where he stores his stuff.  He ships everything himself most likely so until he stops smoking, regardless of what he does there will always be a slight smoke smell to his products.

I ordered some PPP books in June.  One or two smelled slightly like smoke, and the rest were smoke-free.  So you pays your money, you takes your chances.  :)

[Edit:  Isn't this thread eBay-related?]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 pm 

Nice BIN for Gangsters RPG (FGU)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:[Edit:  Isn't this thread eBay-related?]

Quit yer whinin'.  I didn't want to start an entirely new thread just to mention it.  And I was at work and didnt have time to dredge up any of the older PPP threads.

Sue me.  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm 

I think the thread should really be named "interesting items for sale" instead of being Ebay specific.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-PRICE-GUID ... 286.c0.m14

This is good for a laugh.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:29 pm 

Desperados RPG

Not a great RPG, but at least HTF

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

This is good for a laugh.

Yeah it is.  I picked it up at Half-Price Books a couple of years ago for a couple of bucks.  I was flabbergasted at some of the prices listed.  I gotta say I was pretty pissed off at just how wrong the Acaeum prices were compared to the book.  R3 for only $3.50?  I got ripped off when I bought mine!  But at least I'll know better when the next RPGA module comes up on Ebay.  According to the price guide I should be able to get one for about 3 or 4 bucks.  :D  :lol:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 pm 

A few odds and ends.

Beastmaker Mountain

Dragontree Spell Book

White Box OCE

Excursion into the Bizzare - I'm not familiar with this item but it looked interesting.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 120123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 118119120