Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 120123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 118119120
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Seller bluedaemon23 has a Gamescience combat calculator for wargames, if anyone still wargames:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Heretic! There are at least 500 of us wargamers left.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 am 

Seller has some Group One Traveller adventures along with additional Traveller lots:

eBay listings

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 am 

Tegel Manor, Badabaskor, etc from Judes Guild.

eBay listings

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 pm 

Seller chaosium-inc. has some oddball items, mostly some RPGs from the Silverwolf company.  IIRC, Silverwolf published some comics in the B&W boom-and-bust.

. . . eBay listings

[Edit:  http://www.silverwolf.info still has these and more.  I guess I shouldn't have bid.  :) ]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 pm 

I have a complete set of the Silverwolf items.  You really need the rulebooks for any of the other supplements to be of any use.  Even then, there is little interesting content.  There are also two different games - Arena and Holocaustic Dungeons.

You also may want to check on quantity and quality of what he has left.  Some of the items I bought from him a few years ago had some dampness damage and even though I ordered 3 complete sets of everything, he only had 2 copies of the Limited Edition Holocaustic Dungeon book.  This was also one of two packages that have ever gone missing.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:57 pm 

A pile of things I am looking for have just come and ... dang ... listed by Lisas_stuff_too.

ISS Ship files for instance

Has anyone been shafted yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:27 am 

I have purchased several items from her.
No problems at all.

Some here may think I am her yes man though.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I have purchased several items from her.
No problems at all.

Some here may think I am her yes man though.

No, we think you're her fancy man.  Different, different, different.  :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 am 

My purchase was okay as well.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 pm 

I'm not too familiar with the Midkemia stuff, but is this Tulan of the Isles worthwhile?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUNGEONS-DRAGONS-MO ... 1|294%3A50

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 pm 

misterspock wrote:I'm not too familiar with the Midkemia stuff, but is this Tulan of the Isles worthwhile?

Some sellers seem to think so:

8O

It is a nice book though.  Been awhile since I have looked at these but I think you can pick them up for about $20.  There is the Chaosium printing as well.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:33 pm 

misterspock wrote:I'm not too familiar with the Midkemia stuff, but is this Tulan of the Isles worthwhile?

I was just talking to Mars about these...he threw out a rough estimate of 35-45 for each one (Midkemia Press released 8 items)....some worth more than others. Raymond Feist is one of the founders (I think) before he became famous for his writing the Magician series (Magician:Apprentice and Magician:Master) along with the Recluse series.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 pm 

GreyM wrote:
I was just talking to Mars about these...he threw out a rough estimate of 35-45 for each one (Midkemia Press released 8 items)....some worth more than others. Raymond Feist is one of the founders (I think) before he became famous for his writing the Magician series (Magician:Apprentice and Magician:Master) along with the Recluse series.

I'd be surprised if one went as high as $45 right now.   Most of the Midkemia stuff was difficult to pick up cheaply two or three years ago.  I remember trying several times to pick up The Black Tower for less than $40 and was always unsuccessful.  But I was able to pick up both my Midkemia and Chaosium versions of Tulan for $30 less than two years ago.  And I picked up The Black Tower for $25 IIRC and that was about a year ago.  But hey....prices for stuff are weird nowadays.

P.S.  The Magic of Recluse saga was written by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 pm 

FACK...always get Riftwar/Chaoswar and Recluse mixed up. Thanks for the heads up....wonder which author would be more upset  :D

I don't know what prices anything would bring anymore...more of buyers market nowadays per that other thread on here. Seems the only things that aren't really affected are the true rares.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:15 pm 

Seller has lot with a few interesting items listed:

Beastmaker Mountain

Arduin Dungeon #2

City State of the World Emperor (no mention of maps)

Tegal Manor

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I'd be surprised if one went as high as $45 right now.   Most of the Midkemia stuff was difficult to pick up cheaply two or three years ago.  I remember trying several times to pick up The Black Tower for less than $40 and was always unsuccessful.  But I was able to pick up both my Midkemia and Chaosium versions of Tulan for $30 less than two years ago.  And I picked up The Black Tower for $25 IIRC and that was about a year ago.

I think Jonril and Sunken Lands could make more than that, but that's about it.  Black Tower and Outlands have to be at least a little affected by being available as pdfs, and Carse, Tulan, and Cities have enough different versions that their prices stay out of the stratosphere.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I think Jonril and Sunken Lands could make more than that, but that's about it.

Those are the two I had in mind for the $45 range.  Even the others I think you could still get $35-$40 if they are in good shape and complete with maps, no writing, etc.  If you are a patient collector, then you could pick most of these up for cheaper but it does take a fair bit of time.  I finally finished collecting all the prints a couple months ago - so it took about 5 years and most of them were at good prices.  Some of my copies could do with an upgrade though - in particular, I could use a better copy of Jonril.

The only book that you can pick up really cheap is the 2nd Edition Cities book that I think you can still buy direct from Midkemia Press for $5.  The earlier versions, should still be worth $30-$35 since this was one of their first books to be published.  I think some of the content from this also crept into the Thieves World boxed set.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:55 am 

Interstingly, I seem to have discovered a copy of the Tome of Midkemia in a recent purchase, and am in the process of validating that with the MP folks.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 120123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 118119120