What Are You Trying to Complete?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 pm 

For giggles, I thought I'd ask what collections people are trying to finish off, maybe to help get someone who has duplicates of something willing to sell / trade them off to someone who doesn't have the thing, but has something else...

So, for me, I'm looking to complete the following collections, first:

Thieves' Guild (I have 1-5; the odd numbers are binder versions)

KA GE Magazine (I have the last 4: 8-12)

Talislanta 1st - 3rd Edition (posted about it in Classifieds)

Warhammer (bunch of stuff; have to make a list...)

Anyone else have something they've almost completed, but not quite?

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm 

Lone Wolf series by Joe Dever.

from FFG the Altar boxed set for Descent and the DOOM expansion boxed set and all the Arkham expansions and the Starcraft boxed set

For Heroquest - Barbarian, Elf, Ogre Hoards, and the Game Design set

From GMT wargames some of the GBoH add ons and about 4 hard to find issues of C3i

From Avalanche wargames a few Panzer Grenadier sets

From Lock'n Load the Australian Vietnam supplement.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:09 pm 

I've got a lot where I'm missing a half-dozen or so items.  However, for the ones where I'm only missing one or two:

Wraith: The Oblivion - Missing Dark Reflections: Spectres

Avalon Hill Heroes magazine - Missing Vol. 2 #1 and Vol. 2 #4

Nephilim - Missing the "Starting a Nephilim Campaign" free handout.

Tribe 8 1st ed. - Missing the demo game.

Castle Falkenstein - Missing Comme Il Faut

Everway - Missing the Spherewalker's Guide and the Hero Sheets.  (Unless there are other things I don't know about.  I find it hard to find out just what was published for this.)

Classic (that is, pre-5th) Paranoia - Missing the Recycled Pack

Dark Sun - Missing the 1st Monstrous Compendium Appendix

I may have a lead on finishing my Primal Order books, in which case all I'd possibly want is the non-blue cover version of the first book.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:19 pm 

Nephilim - Missing the "Starting a Nephilim Campaign" free handout.

Do you have an Editor's Proof? :) I found mine at the usual place: Crazy Egor's and snatched it up right quick.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm 

serleran wrote:Do you have an Editor's Proof? :) I found mine at the usual place: Crazy Egor's and snatched it up right quick.

Excuse me while I add another entry to my "Reasons to hate serleran" list. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm 

Traveller - huge list.  A few items I am sure I will never see on Ebay or anywhere else.  The holy grail of my list is Dawnworld from Juggernaut Press.

Twilight: 2000 - Boomer.  For some reason I can never seem to find this one.  I think NKG had one a couple of months ago but it was priced pretty high for a Twilight: 2000 adventure.

The Infernax.  I bid $106 for the last one up on Ebay a few months ago and was outbid by some Harami guy.  :wink:

Dwarfstar mini-games:  still need Demonlord, Grav Armor, Star Viking, and Star Smuggler.

Judges Guild - a few items still to go.  Need minty fresh copies of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches and Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde for sure.

MERP Grey Mountains.  The last few have gone over $100 with the exception of one that went for about $65.  I was out of town or something during the auction and must have missed it.

Hoping to get lucky with a few of these at Gencon this year.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm 

James Bond (Victory Games): Basic Boxed Set, Gamesmaster Pack

Deadlands (PEG): Original rulebook (soft cover); Leatherbound (special/limited edition)

None of these are hard to find.  I just haven't gotten around to picking them up yet.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:36 pm 

g026r wrote:Everway - Missing the Spherewalker's Guide and the Hero Sheets.  (Unless there are other things I don't know about.  I find it hard to find out just what was published for this.)

This the box set from WotC I take it?  If so then there is the Everway Companion Collector cards that you can pick up in a sealed box for fairly cheap.

Kingofpain89 wrote:Judges Guild - a few items still to go.  Need minty fresh copies of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches and Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde for sure.

Nice, don't sit near Al (course I don't think he'll stop you from picking these up if they appear)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:41 pm 

g026r wrote:Everway - Missing the Spherewalker's Guide and the Hero Sheets.  (Unless there are other things I don't know about.  I find it hard to find out just what was published for this.)

This the box set from WotC I take it?  If so then there is the Everway Companion Collector cards that you can pick up in a sealed box for fairly cheap.

Kingofpain89 wrote:Judges Guild - a few items still to go.  Need minty fresh copies of Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches and Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde for sure.

Nice, don't sit near Al (course I don't think he'll stop you from picking these up if they appear)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 pm 

I think I have seven issues to go on my Dungeon Magazine collection(none of them particularly rare):  55, 56, 67, 77, 110, 111, 113.  No hurry.

I could use a few more Grenadier bugbear minis and a few more zombie minis, but it's not a high priority.

I am mostly trying to sell all the miniature blisters I have.  That's the big goal for this year.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:21 pm 

Plaag wrote:This the box set from WotC I take it?  If so then there is the Everway Companion Collector cards that you can pick up in a sealed box for fairly cheap.

Yep.  That's the one.  I've got that card set and the Spherewalker card set as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:11 pm 

I'm not seriously collecting anymore (not for the last few years, actually).  So anything on this list, if I run across it, great, but I'm not going to the mat to pay for them:

Imagine Magazine: Early issues
Fighting Fantasy....some later numbers (post #50)
A few DCC modules to finish out the series
A few of the Call of Cthulhu monographs I'm missing

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 pm 

I want - H1,H3,LC1,MC11,I14,3E FR DM Screen, Expedition to Undermountain and Swords & Spells. The Bloodstone ones will probably be the last to get as I simply can't justify the cost for such mediocrity!

I'm also deciding (as we speak!) wether or not to try and get a full set of Polyhedrons or just get rid of the ones I have - Part of me thinks I should go for it - it's do-able and even a complete run will take up little space, but the rest of me thinks that it'll just be more stuff around the place 8O

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 am 

I want a complete collection of Games Workshop/Citadel miniatures in the pack; only 20,000 left to own :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 am 

I had considered, at one point, trying to get the Citadel stuff, too. Decided against it -- simply too many options and too expensive.

I wish you lots of luck, though. Won't be easy.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:47 pm 

Brotherhood of the Bolt to complete the set, and Tortured Souls 9 & 10

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:44 pm 

I'm still trying to fill in the few remaining gaps in my Chaosium collection. Most of that are just print variations, or some of their licensed stuff.

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm 

serleran wrote:
Do you have an Editor's Proof? :) I found mine at the usual place: Crazy Egor's and snatched it up right quick.

I had a MultiSim printer proof of the Original version of Nephilm some years ago, but traded it away, alas:  haven't ever seen another....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Next