[AD&D] Goodman Games Gen Con Releases
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:49 am 

Hi Guys,

I am pleased to be able to announce that Goodman Games will be releasing two, yes two, 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure modules at this year's Gen Con.  

In the first adventure module, we've pulled together DCC #1 Idylls of the Rat King by Jeff Quinn and DCC #27 The Revenge of the Rat King by Harley Stroh and added a new bridging adventure, written by me, called The Scourge of Silverton.  This year's adventure compilation, aptly dubbed Saga of the Rat King, will take 1st Level PCs to 6th level if played consecutively, and features cover art by Jeff Dee.  

Saga of the Rat King is 64 pages and will cost $15.99.

Here's the link to the official announcement on the Goodman Games website:

http://www.goodman-games.com/GMGGC08preview.html

The second adventure module to be released includes two short adventures from DCC # 29 The Adventure Begins.  This Gen Con-exclusive "flip book" features The Golden Auroch on one side and Tower of the Black Pearl on the other!

The Gen Con exclusive flip book is 24 pages and will run $10.99.

http://www.goodman-games.com/GMGGC08-2preview.html

Thanks for your interest.

Tacojohn4547

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:33 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am pleased to be able to announce that Goodman Games will be releasing two, yes two, 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure modules at this year's Gen Con.  

In the first adventure module, we've pulled together DCC #1 Idylls of the Rat King by Jeff Quinn and DCC #27 The Revenge of the Rat King by Harley Stroh and added a new bridging adventure, written by me, called The Scourge of Silverton.  This year's adventure compilation, aptly dubbed Saga of the Rat King, will take 1st Level PCs to 6th level if played consecutively, and features cover art by Jeff Dee.  

Saga of the Rat King is 64 pages and will cost $15.99.

http://www.goodman-games.com/GMGGC08preview.html

The second adventure module to be released includes two short adventures from DCC # 29 The Adventure Begins.  This Gen Con-exclusive "flip book" features The Golden Auroch on one side and Tower of the Black Pearl on the other!

The Gen Con exclusive flip book is 24 pages and will run $10.99.

http://www.goodman-games.com/GMGGC08-2preview.html

Thanks for your interest.

Tacojohn4547

Wow, completely out of nowhere!  Thanks for this tip of the cap to the old school collector.  Can't wait to see them, I'll be there the first day to pick up a copy!

The way the announcement is worded on the site, the Rat King Saga will be available inlimited quantities from Noble Knight afterwards, but the flip book won't?  Will the flip book be a Gen Con only release? Thanks TJ!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 am 

Well, whaddya know....and all that time telling people that there was no way Goodman Games was going to be able to pull off a cool Gen Con release this year and you go and announce two of them.  Man you guys over there sure are good at keeping secrets!  This is a real nice surprise.  :D

Thanks tacojohn!

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 am 

Badmike wrote:
Wow, completely out of nowhere!  Thanks for this tip of the cap to the old school collector.  Can't wait to see them, I'll be there the first day to pick up a copy!

The way the announcement is worded on the site, the Rat King Saga will be available inlimited quantities from Noble Knight afterwards, but the flip book won't?  Will the flip book be a Gen Con only release? Thanks TJ!

Mike B.

That's right, Mike.  Saga of the Rat King will be available for a limited time following Gen Con from Noble Knight Games.  However, the flip book is a genuine Gen Con exclusive release.  When they're gone, they're gone.

I think the old school gamers and collectors will like both of the releases - especially the flip book.

tacojohn

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well, whaddya know....and all that time telling people that there was no way Goodman Games was going to be able to pull off a cool Gen Con release this year and you go and announce two of them.  Man you guys over there sure are good at keeping secrets!  This is a real nice surprise.  :D

Thanks tacojohn!

Yeah, there has been some speculation that GG wouldn't be doing any more 1st Edition releases.  So naturally releasing two this year seemed to be a good idea.  And yeah, it was hard keeping these a secret.  But now we don't have to!

Glad to see there's still some interest.

tacojohn4547

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 am 

Cool to see these..sucks I won't be able to get them :(

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:28 am 

Plaag wrote:Cool to see these..sucks I won't be able to get them :(

ShaneG.

Why not?  Just because you arent going to GenCon this year doesnt mean that one of the people that is going cant grab a few extras for people that want them.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:23 pm 

Would anyone visiting GenCon be willing to pick these 2 up for me, please?  Of course I would pay whatever they cost, and shipping expenses.  I will also throw in a few figures from Otherworld Miniatures to say 'thank you'.  :D

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:26 pm 

This is fantastic news! How is this legal under the GSL, TacoJon? (Wonders to self if the modules will be worth more once Goodman Games gets the cease and desist letter from Wizards the second day of the show.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:31 pm 

goatboy wrote:This is fantastic news! How is this legal under the GSL, TacoJon? (Wonders to self if the modules will be worth more once Goodman Games gets the cease and desist letter from Wizards the second day of the show.)

Goodman games has done this before.....with 12.5 and Saga of the Witch Queen....with no repercussions.  

I'll try to pick up extra copies....but first dibs are going to go to those who have traded with me on the "parts" thread or are nearby (i.e. fellow Texan Acaeum members that can hunt me down and shoot me if I don't get them a copy). If there is anything left over I'll be sure and advertise them here....I don't know what limits Goodman Games will put on the purchase of the 1E items.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm 

Mike,

What about those of us that offer bribes, such as slabs of bacon and barrels of alcohol?  Can that get us to the front of the line?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 am 

PaulKM wrote:Mike,

What about those of us that offer bribes, such as slabs of bacon and barrels of alcohol?  Can that get us to the front of the line?

I always say, it's the quality, not the quantity, that counts.... :wink:

But seriously guys I'm already in for four copies and I haven't even planned out a method of attack. You might fare better appealing to another member of the forum (Hint: Check out the Gencon forums posts for names of people who will be there.....there are plenty going this year it looks like!)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 am 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodman limit the number of copies you can buy a day or something. Didn't someone make off with 15 of the 60 Iron Crypts? (Or is that story just apocryphal?)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:57 am 

I think that was Shane (Plaag) the year before last.  Pretty sure he had a laundry list of Acaeum members he was buying for.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 am 

I'll see if I can return the favour from last time Shane.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 am 

I can buy for some folks.  But I will not guarentte anything.  They may limit the number you can buy and they may run out.  (Running out would be a long shot considering what happened two years ago.)

PM me with what you want and I will do my best.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 pm 

I'll be at GenCon as well and I'm more than happy to buy for some of the fine folks on the Acaeum.  Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.  :D

Ryan

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 pm 

goatboy wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodman limit the number of copies you can buy a day or something. Didn't someone make off with 15 of the 60 Iron Crypts? (Or is that story just apocryphal?)

Heh - one or two of the folks here on this board latched onto the rumor that I had snatched 15-30 copies of the Iron Crypts at the opening of the 2006 Gen Con "supposedly" for the playtesters, but secretly planned to sell them off on eBay.  

Of course, that rumor was untrue and could be confirmed as false by at least two different people that were in the Goodman booth when I got there on Thursday.  I got my one comp copy from the 1st printing batch (the 60 copy lot), and bought the all the rest myself from the second printing batch.  

tacojohn

Next