Chaosium and Mayfair Games product lists?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 am 

About a week ago, TheHistorian was looking for a Second Edition, Stormbringer box set and, after exchanging a few pms, we sorted out the known printings of the  first and second edition box sets.

I've only listed the printings and editions which have full documentation.  As we know, Chaosium is  very hard to pin down, so please feel free to add to the mix, and make any corrections you see fit.

My thanks to TheHistorian for all his help.

Best.

Paul

Chaosium, Stormbringer box set:

Printing Information:

First  (July, 1981)

* Red box with a picture of Elric. Box lid states: "STORMBRINGER: Fantasy Role Playing in the World of Elric.  Created by MICHAEL MOORCOCK in his Novels. By Ken St. Andre & Steve Perrin."
* No â„¢ over the last R in Stormbringer.
* Stock number 2006-X on the side and back.
* 2" deep box (5 cm).
* One 144 page red rulesbook, without errata inside the front cover.
* Large map (brown/tan, 22x28"), reference sheets, cardstock silhouettes, sample character sheets, and six polyhedral dice (one 4-sided, one 8-sided, one 20-sided, and three 6-sided).
* Box sides are red.
* Box bottom: white box descriptions with blue text, over a blue on blue map.

First+ (1981?)

* Red box with a picture of Elric. Box lid states: "STORMBRINGER: Fantasy Role Playing in the World of Elric.  Created by MICHAEL MOORCOCK in his Novels. By Ken St. Andre & Steve Perrin."
* No â„¢ over the last R in Stormbringer.
* Stock number 2006-X on the side and back.
* 2" deep box (5 cm).
* One 144 page green (or possibly red) rulesbook with errata inside the front cover.
* Large map (brown/tan, 22x28"), reference sheets, cardstock silhouettes, sample character sheets, and six polyhedral dice (one 4-sided, one 8-sided, one 20-sided, and three 6-sided).
* Box sides are red.
* Box bottom: white box descriptions with blue text, over a blue on blue map.
* This print is a hybrid: The box and contents are identical to the 1st print, however the rulesbook with errata is clearly a second print.

Second (Unknown, box bottom dated, 1981)

* Black box with a picture of Elric.  Box lid states: "Michael Moorcock's STORMBRINGER: Fantasy Role Playing in the World of Elric.  Created by MICHAEL MOORCOCK in his Novels. By Ken St. Andre & Steve Perrin."
* â„¢ over the last R in Stormbringer.
* Stock number 2101-X on the sides and back.
* 1" shallow box (2.5 cm).
* One 144 page red (or possibly green) rulesbook with errata inside the front cover.
* Large map (red, 22x28"), reference sheets, cardstock silhouettes, sample character sheets, and six dice (see below).
* Box sides are black.
* No ISBN on box bottom above, ''Printed in the USA."
* Box Bottom is black with white text, and has a black and white illustration: "Grome and the Ship of Land and Sea."
* The boxed description on the box bottom states:

"INCLUDED IN THIS BOX--Stormbringer Rulesbook (art by Frank Brunner, welcome to the Young Kingdoms, character generation, weapons & combat, skills, sorcery, cults, creatures, hints for the game master, statistics for the characters from the novels, sample summonings, game tables & charts, introductory scenario).  Map of the Young Kingdom (22x28"), Playaids (eight major character forms, sixteen minor character forms, eight demon forms, eight page reference booklet, twenty-five character & creature silhouettes), six polyhedral dice ( one 4-sided, three 6-sided, one 8-sided, one 20-sided)."

Second Edition (1985)

* Black box with a picture of Elric.  Box lid states: "Michael Moorcock's STORMBRINGER:  Fantasy Role Playing in the World of Elric.  Created by MICHAEL MOORCOCK in his Novels. By Ken St. Andre & Steve Perrin."  
* â„¢ over the last R in Stormbringer.
* Stock number 2101-X on the sides and back.
* 1" shallow box (2.5 cm)
* Three rulebooks, map (17x22"), reference sheets, character sheets, and three dice.
* Box sides are black.
* ISBN on box bottom left, above 'Printed in the USA."
* Box Bottom is black with white text, and has a black and white illustration: "Grome and the Ship of Land and Sea."
* The boxed description on the box bottom states:

"INCLUDED IN THIS BOX--Players Book (welcome to the Young Kingdoms, character generation, movement, weapons & combat, skills, poisons, etc.). Magic book (sorcery, lesser demons, elementals, Beast Lords, cults of Chaos, cults of Law). Gamemaster book (hints for the gamester, a complete short adventure, statistics for characters from the novels.). Map of the Young Kingdoms (17x22"). Reference Booklet (explanation of the box contents, character sheets, 8 pages of reference tables, prices, etc. Three polyhedral dice (1D6, 1D8, 1D20) are included, enough to play the game."

Link: http://rpg.geekdo.com/image/635739/stor ... size=origi nal

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:54 am 

In other Chaosium news, they've been digging into their catalog to release some pdfs.  Mostly Cthulhu of course, but I see All The World's Monsters 1-3 are now up:

http://catalog.chaosium.com/products_new.php

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am 

TheHistorian wrote:In other Chaosium news, they've been digging into their catalog to release some pdfs.  Mostly Cthulhu of course, but I see All The World's Monsters 1-3 are now up:

http://catalog.chaosium.com/products_new.php

That's the first time I've been tempted to hit a PDF from Chaosium.  But, at $6.95 per file I'll wait until there's a sale or a bundled product or something more in the reasonable ballpark.

Still...nice additions to the PDF line for Chaosium!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am 

There's usually a 30% off sale in October.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 am 

TheHistorian wrote:There's usually a 30% off sale in October.

I'll probably wait for that or something better...

In my opinion, sellers generally start out with their dream price for a PDF and then mark down the price to reality as they realize that "some sales" generate more profits than "no sales."

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous