Chaosium and Mayfair Games product lists?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:05 am 

Hermit,

I was just debating these with another member.  They look yummy, but I had undervalued them.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Just an aside. I was impressed with the price on the First print Fez 1 and Nanorien Stones:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Hey I know that winning bidder!  :wink:   Wow....lofenloc outbid again.  So there is hope for the rest of us after all.   :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Hey I know that winning bidder!  :wink:   Wow....lofenloc outbid again.  So there is hope for the rest of us after all.   :D

Condition was really nice, they didn't have any of the usual tearing and creasing around the little "windows" in front.  Congrats Martin!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 am 

PaulKM wrote:This looks to be the second edition box:

However, the seller has confirmed that the box's contents, including the red/rust coloured 144 page rulebook, have the 1981 copyright.

Perhaps this is a 1981 second printing?  Old stock in a new, shallower box?

I would guess that it might be a later printing than 2nd maybe.  The box is shallower and the sides are black (instead of red like the deep dish boxes).  Still not sure which box the blue 144 page book came in.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:13 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Just an aside. I was impressed with the price on the First print Fez 1 and Nanorien Stones:

Is there print run info on these somewhere to suggest these were first?  They do have the alternative folder covers though - not sure if I have seen a red/orange Nanorien Stones yet or not.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 am 

Seller is going to deliver Fez 1 and Nanorien Stones to me at Gencon.  So those in attendance will be able to have a look at them.

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:36 am 

If we have to outbid lefenloc then we may be inflating the price a bit.  I lost the King Lout auction to him; I knew he would probably be around for this auction so I put in a high bid.  They are in great shape so the $177 is not too far out for these games.  Had the auction been for the Blasted Lands and Beastmaker I doubt I would have been able to overcome lefenloc or others who would have come out of the woodwork.

martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am 

Prufrock wrote:I lost the King Lout auction to him;

King Lout went fairly cheap, IMO.  I was expecting it to hit around $200-$250 anyway.  I have only seen a couple other copies over the years and they have all done well.  Its one that may take another few years before one shows up again.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 am 

Yeah, I did not realize just how rare King Lout is.  Badmike told me it was quite rare, but if I would have known then what I know now I would have had about $300 on it.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:51 pm 

Prufrock wrote:if I would have known then what I know now I would have had about $300 on it.

hmmmm .... tempts me to sell my copy :)  Although, even at $300 I don't think you would have beaten Lofenloc.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:25 pm 

I will beat him; physically if necessary.

Now Mars lets talk about that King Lout.   :twisted:

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:29 pm 

Here's Stormbringer in a 2nd edition box with the Blue rulebook:

I've asked the seller some questions about the dates on some of the items including the catalogue, so hopefully he'll write back and we can see if this is a 1981 shallow box like I have or the 1985.

Edit:  Seller sent me the following information:

Underside of the box is dated 1981

Rulebook is dated 1981

Chaosium games catalogue is Volume 2, number 3, winter of 1983.

From this and the other answers I received from Stormbringer sellers, I think Greg Stafford must have meant that after the initial run of the deeper box in 1981, to reduce cost, they switched to the shallower box and issued that for the next few years.  Then in 1985 they kept the shallow box and switched to three rule books.

Make sense?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:02 pm 

I was at Half Price Books yesterday.

I noticed a 4th Edition Stormbringer book with the map still inside.

The map inside the book is blue, rather than pink.  (Cannot remember if anyone pointed that out earlier)

Is it possible that maps from different editions have gotten intermixed in the boxed sets?

Certainly, the map itself is cool enough to keep around even between editions.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Here's Stormbringer in a 2nd edition box with the Blue rulebook:

Just received that one today.  (Hey, I needed a copy, and the condition of the box isn't always a deal-breaker.)  Question for anyone else who also has a blue rulebook: how blue is the actual rulebook?  If I had to give a colour on this one, I'd actually call it green.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:03 pm 

g026r wrote:
Just received that one today.  (Hey, I needed a copy, and the condition of the box isn't always a deal-breaker.)  Question for anyone else who also has a blue rulebook: how blue is the actual rulebook?  If I had to give a colour on this one, I'd actually call it green.

Nooo, not another colour!? :)  Now what do we do?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:40 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Nooo, not another colour!? :)  Now what do we do?

I'll gladly scan it if anyone wishes me to, in order to compare how close it is to what other people have.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 pm 

Yes, if you could scan the book and the map that would be great.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 pm 

I'd love to see a scan as well.  If it is greenish, that would make two map and three colour variations.

go26r, what colour is your map?

And to think, when I asked the question about the rulebook colour I thought I'd receive a one or two line answer!  :)

PreviousNext