Tunnels and Trolls Gurus - A ? About Dungeon of the Bear
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:36 pm 

OK, I am not the brightest bulb in the lampshade, but every now and then I understand something, but this one has be boondoggled:

Heroic Worlds mentions Dungeon of the Bear, as it should. However, the particular print I have does not match anything listed in that esteemed resource. Firstly, it is not given a "level" designator (that is, it is not called Dungeon of the Bear Level 1 like the later versions of it are - so it is unlikely to be a later print.) It is also a looseleaf hole-punched, seemingly printed by a typewriter, document. There are seven single-sided (no text on reverse) numbered pages, a copyright page, and the front and back cover. The product number, too, is slightly different than what I know to be for later printings. And, lastly, for kickers, it is copyrighted earlier than any mention of the same in HW - at 1978. So, all these little factoids leads me to think it is a 1st print, but I don't know how to verify that, check, or anything. I had thought the first versions came with a T&T box set, but my copy does not match the stats given for those, and hence, makes me wonder what it is...

Any help?

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 pm 

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1151

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:49 pm 

OK, it is the first one in that thread, so I will assume it is the 1st one. Thanks.

Actually, the copy I have is probably the 2nd one, as I assume the true 1st print is without a product code.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Last edited by copycat on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:42 pm 

I just got my latest shipment from Paul Jaguay for several items I had won from his last couple of weeks listings.

Enclosed in the box (along with some other items I had won) was:

The Dungeon of the Bear

and

The Dungeon of the Bear Level Two

Paul had listed the The Dungeon of the Bear as possibly being a second print with a ?

Looking at the thread above posted by Plaag (MANY thanks for that link sir) I feel that both copies in Paul's listing are actaully First Print copies. Neither one has a Stock Number and both have what seems to be lightweight typewritten paper (single sided) with heavier cardstock tan colored outer covers (single sided) both sets are three hole punched.

Please see the link below for Paul Jaquay's Auction listing.

** expired eBay auction **

One last note: I am absolutely convinced that everyone watching Pauls Auctions were only looking to gain as many Dragon Points as they could and totaly blew this listing off........

I am of course quite thankfull for that though.

I was able to get BOTH Bear Levels One and Two for a measily $10.50.....  8O  8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:19 pm 

Hmm, must be an echo in the forum.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Hmm, must be an echo in the forum.

Yeah, what the heck is up with that?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Hmm, must be an echo in the forum.

Yeah, what the heck is up with that?