Need help with a French Auction
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 pm 

My kids and I got into collecting the Marvel Heroes Battle Dice game. It was cancelled in the US quite a while ago. Currently there is an auction in France and the user is not responding to my request to ship to the US. The auction is here.

The Auction the seller is a bit questionable but I am willing to take a chance I'm always the optimist and I doubt the auction will go over 15 Euro. I won't do a bank transfer (It costs $35USD just to set that up) but I do have a verified Paypal or other means that could be worked out.

My feedback on eBay

(Only 146 in almost 4 years so I'm not a shop-a-holic but 100% positive.)

This site is the only place I have to ask for help from someone. I know I am new here but I am an honest man that's willing to ask for assistance.

For someone in the UK a new variation on the Booster Packs has popped up instead of 3 figures it contains 4 this auction has just appeared. Here I don't really care about the figures in the box as much as having the variation of the box if someone comes across a few of these please let me know what kind of deal we could make on it.

My part in the whole Marvel Battle Dice thing is a story all in itself. I actually have the only remaing website devoted to the fans of the game. PopDice.com is for sale | HugeDomains I actually developed the site for my then 7 year old son who loved the game beyond everything he got for his birthday. The polish site http://www.battledice.pl/ actually has pictures of the very first tournament I held (how wierd this whole thing seems looking back on it. But hey Playmates Toys threw down over $300 in free stuff as well as some promotional and prototype figures - it was a great deal overall.)

Anyway thanks for reading if you can help please let me know. There are a few figures in that auction that are only available in France plus the instructions in French all that will help to complete my one of a kind collection.

Why is life so much like running a 3rd lvl Elf through a 10th lvl dungeon.

--------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:46 am 

I am ready to help you, no problem.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:25 am 

He said 23€ to ship to US but it seems to be very expensive, much more than actual cost I guess... Are these miniatures and dice very heavy?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:59 pm 

23 euro is about 3 times what it should really cost to ship. The figures all 27 are maybe a pound at best they are plastic and about 1 inch tall. That's another reason I need help $40 USD shipping is a ton of money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:09 pm 

If le_rahib can't bid, let me know, I will do it for you.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 pm 

thanks le_rahib has said he would be up and able to bid for me. I have my fingers crossed can't wait to show these to my kids Jordan 9 Isaac 7 they are going to be so happy when they arrive.