Free RPG Day 2008-Saturday June 21
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm 

I grabbed up a couple things I wanted, and then bought some stuff from the guy doing the Free RPG Day - it is not free to them, you know. :) Oh, and, I felt that it should go both ways, so I gave him some copies of extra stuff I had laying around the house - just hope it was good enough.

Anyway, I got the TLG stuff, the Murder at Miskatonic and the T&T thing.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:45 am 

Plaag wrote:And the stuff has now started appearing on Ebay.

ShaneG.

The 4E WotC adventure is getting snapped up for between 9.99 and 16.99 BINs, and there are a couple auctions going priced higher than that.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:21 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:The 4E WotC adventure is getting snapped up for between 9.99 and 16.99 BINs, and there are a couple auctions going priced higher than that.

Is that with or without the battle-mat and mini?

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am 

g026r wrote:
Is that with or without the battle-mat and mini?

Without..each alone is going for around $10 with the module around $20

It's the same with the gameday stuff, seems to sell pretty good, just not sure about how well they do years later.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:32 am 

You gotta be kidding me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treasure-of-Talon-P ... dZViewItem

That is just the most absurd thing I have seen in quite some time.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:47 am 

Dammit!  I knew that I should have picked up multiple copies! :lol:

Especially since my local store didn't put the mat and mini out, but instead gave them out to the people who picked up the 4e adventure.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:52 am 

Plaag wrote:Without..each alone is going for around $10 with the module around $20

Kingofpain89 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Treasure-of-Talon-P ... Free-RPG-D ay_W0QQitemZ360063586290QQihZ023QQcategoryZ44113QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Good God.  That one isn't even shrinkwrapped!

If someone outside of the US, Canada, and the UK is collecting the 4E module/board/mini, let me know before Wednesday.  Wednesday is my Day of Recouping Gas Costs with the 4E stuff.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 am 

I'm not paying for the damn thing, if I never get it I'm fine.  But keep watching ebay because these prices will cause many to put them up.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:35 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:You gotta be kidding me!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

That is just the most absurd thing I have seen in quite some time.  :lol:

Could be shilling, everyone involved has low feedback.  But I picked up multiple copies of that abomination (errr, 4E module) and saw that $30+ idiocy, so I put two of mine up at BIN's of $17 and $20.  Both were gone within hours....hey, JG, I'm buying lunch next time we get together!!!! I'm glad I did, because #1 they were poisoning the other items in my stock just by being close to them (for example, my copy of B1 suddenly told me he wanted to feature a full army of kobolds with differing attack routines instead of just random stats), and #2, IMO we'll see this module again on the shelf for much less money in a reprint edition.

Here's what's funny, IMO:  I think these people are just paying an excessive fee to be the 'first on the block' to own a 4E module, since I really don't think there is any way WOTC doesn't reprint this and offer it again, for a low price. As a matter of fact It think we'll see a lot of this offered again....I doubt the 4E item, the DCC module, Pathfinder, or any of the Quick Starts won't be re-issued.  Or, for those going to Gencon, given away at the respective booths of the companys (last year the Goodman booth had plenty of the Castle Whiterock giveaways at their booth).  I'm still not convinced of the collectibilty of ANY of the Free Game Day material at this point, from either of the first two years.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 am 

Plaag wrote:I'm not paying for the damn thing, if I never get it I'm fine.  But keep watching ebay because these prices will cause many to put them up.

ShaneG.

Shane, keep an eye out. You are right the prices will cause many to put the item up, one or two are bound to go for more realistic  prices, I think the price spike now is just the "First on the block" syndrome where people are overpaying just to be the first with an item that IMO is bound to be reprinted.
 For example, my records show I sold a Free Game Day DCC51.5 Sinister Secret of Castle Whiterock module for $10.50 right after Free Game Day last year....now that they have been reissued as a $2 item by Goodman, I can't get a rusty scimitar for one.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am 

Badmike wrote:Here's what's funny, IMO:  I think these people are just paying an excessive fee to be the 'first on the block' to own a 4E module

Which makes it more amusing since there has already been a 4e module released.

As for value: I'd be tempted to say that the Septimus quick-start and the WFRP one from last year may eventually gain some value.

The former because the game got cancelled (though that may cause it to lose all value -- who knows), the latter because Black Industries has transferred the game-line and we still haven't seen Fantasy Flight's WFRP plans yet.

Last edited by g026r on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:47 am 

Badmike wrote:Could be shilling, everyone involved has low feedback.  But I picked up multiple copies of that abomination (errr, 4E module) and saw that $30+ idiocy, so I put two of mine up at BIN's of $17 and $20.  Both were gone within hours....

My Talon Pass $19.99 BIN was binned within minutes.  And the map tiles at $14.99 BIN . . . binned within minutes after that.

And in the time it took to type the second sentence of this post . . . the mini for $14.99.  Same guy.  The frenzy for the 4E promo products is insane.   8O

Maybe it was my combined shipping and handling or my witty auction text.  ;)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm 

lol...
Dangit.....

I had long planned to do the trip with Mike and JG (if they would have me) but before I cold ask Mike, my sister told me I would be otherwise engaged that day. Her husband passed away a month ago and she needed my help moving his storage stuff. No question which one I was gonna do. Its OK though, I wont be looking to collect (or ever buy) any of the 4th Edition stuff anyway.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm 

4e is selling like crazy, and Goodman will have those 3 DCC modules at GenCon ahead of others except WotC.

Funny I'm looking at the other things for Free RPG day and they seem to have only 1 or no bids.

As for WotC releasing the module, I'm not to sure, in that they haven't done it with the Gameday materials yet.  Goodman, Troll Lords and Paizo though if they haven't mentioned already (in the case of Paizo which has) probably will have a pdf or print product for this stuff.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:11 pm 

Plaag wrote:4e is selling like crazy, and Goodman will have those 3 DCC modules at GenCon ahead of others except WotC.

Given Goodman Games' great game giveaway of, uh, ran out of alliteration there . . .

If Goodman has their three modules at GenCon, then they can continue to ride the wave from Free RPG Day.  At least two people want the Punjar DCC, currently at $26:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Funny I'm looking at the other things for Free RPG day and they seem to have only 1 or no bids.

No one bids on them because they are for unknown or unpopular systems.  :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:My Talon Pass $19.99 BIN was binned within minutes.  And the map tiles at $14.99 BIN . . . binned within minutes after that.

And in the time it took to type the second sentence of this post . . . the mini for $14.99.  Same guy.  The frenzy for the 4E promo products is insane.   8O

Maybe it was my combined shipping and handling or my witty auction text.  ;)

Kee-Rist.  Well, you'll see my tiles and mini go up later this afternoon then.  JG, I'm probably going to steal your photos.... :twisted:

Very silly.  Absolutely nothing special about the tiles or minis, this is rank speculation at it's finest...(not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 pm 

The TLG stuff will see print in some form or another - the C&C QS is already in print. It was designed to give a basic rundown of the game for people not familiar already. The SS QS will make its way into a box set for that game.

Just so you know.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:28 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Given Goodman Games' great game giveaway of, uh, ran out of alliteration there . . .

If Goodman has their three modules at GenCon, then they can continue to ride the wave from Free RPG Day. At least two people want the Punjar DCC, currently at $26: .  :(

Not to mention there were absolute STACKS of the Punjar item available, so much so I bet they were one of the most common items you could pick up. I have no doubts freebie copies will be had at the booth at Gencon this year (much like the Castle Whiterock FGD item was given away there last year....)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext