Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 am 

This poster is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. The figure wearing bell-bottoms resembles the cover of this:
http://astralheadspace.blogspot.com/201 ... -st37.html
"Sure, the new split 7" (more release partying!) - but also a great new Cthulhu shirt, a replacement copy for my lost cd of the debut Immortal Chinese Classics Music (#9, 1995), even a copy of the Druids & Demons handbook. Well, a pamphlet anyway - seems like LP4 have their own authorized fantasy RPG now!"

That is, I made a promo booklet for the Houston band Linus Pauling Quartet in 2010. Perhaps it's coincidence, but the cover I drew looks very similar. If it's not, I am more than honored by the tribute.

Anyone who wants a copy of the Druids & Demons PDF, PM me your email. Otherwise check out LP4's music at http://www.worshipguitars.org/LP4/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 pm 

PaulKM wrote:
My correspondence with Joseph Goodman has established that modules bearing the lasso logo ended with #17, the Legacy of the Savage Kings.  

It is possible there may be two printings of the above modules with the rhino logo, but I've not pursue that line of inquiry.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Paul

I have only seen a lasso logo for Curse of the Emerald Cobra. I don't know if there is a rhino printing. Can anyone confirm?

I have rhino logos for Citadel of the Demon Prince, Shadows of Freeport, and Volcano Caves. I have seen stock images for these three modules that have lasso printings. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 am 

goatboy wrote:Noting the poster being offered for free over at Goodman Games:

http://www.goodman-games.com/dccrpggreenposter.html

[ Image ]

Another sighting of Hugh the Barbarian: a flyer included with the 1991 D&D basic game, titled "Join the Adventure!" (In addition to the 1976 Lankhmar cover)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 pm 

http://www.goodman-games.com/5070Fpreview.html

Just a note, Goodman is offering a sweet gold embossed version of the DCC RPG rules, along with a special module for the suckers willing to pay big money.

Sunrunner44 - noted sucker.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 pm 

sunrunner44 wrote:http://www.goodman-games.com/5070Fpreview.html

Just a note, Goodman is offering a sweet gold embossed version of the DCC RPG rules, along with a special module for the suckers willing to pay big money.

Sunrunner44 - noted sucker.

Thanks for the update.. :)  Glad to see I am not the only sucker. ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 pm 

Well, he's tossing in an exclusive module and a pdf of the entire work, if that reduces our sucker quotient any. :study:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 pm 

I felt like a sucker for having pre-ordered the boxed set.

(I don't think that collector's editions of RPG's are a good idea.  I think they encourage customers to put away the game and never play.  Thus, they don't recruit other customers.  I think the opportunity cost for the company is higher than the limited profit from the special edition.)

(I was subsequently astonished to see Bill Webb, Scott Greene and others using the very scarce harback copies of Swords and Wizardry for tabletop play at PaizoCon...so what do I know?)

I got an email today from Goodman saying that the module will be available with the first 1000 pre-orders of the boxed set as well.

Since I have already pre-ordered (and paid), I figure I must be part of the first 1000 customers.

That reduced my pissed-off quotient.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:47 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I felt like a sucker for having pre-ordered the boxed set.

I hope you arent too pissed off to find out that its a hardback and not a boxed set.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I hope you arent too pissed off to find out that its a hardback and not a boxed set.

Oops. It's back.  :twisted:

But hey, it looks like we get a pdf, too!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:03 pm 

Whether it's a a hardback or a special boxed set matters naught to me.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 pm 

Question about DCCs:

Were there 1st and 2nd printings of the following? Either printing info at the end of the OGL license information of different GMG logos (b&w cowboy vs. color triceratops)

DCC16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
DCC18 Citadel of the Demon Prince
DCC19 The Volcano Caves
DCC20 Shadows of Freeport

Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 pm 

I also just got my Crawl! #1 fanzine, and it's friggin' adorable - note that I've never said that about an RPG before, and oddly, mean it in a great way.

PS - not the cover, which on my printed version is a sweet glossy-on-matte black
http://crawlfanzine.blogspot.com/

Sunrunner44 - as stated, noted sucker.

PPS - I'm only four tomes away from reading the DCC RPG; one of those being Dreadmire (thanks board) that's great freakin' fun so far.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 pm 

Just a question, how rare are the DCC # 3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse?  Autographed vs. non Autographed?  Were they all sold at the 2003 Gen Con?  Was the autograph just a buyer's choice, or did non-a/g copies enter the aftermarket?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am 

davidc wrote:Just a question, how rare are the DCC # 3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse?  Autographed vs. non Autographed?  Were they all sold at the 2003 Gen Con?  Was the autograph just a buyer's choice, or did non-a/g copies enter the aftermarket?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

Rare (not sure of the numbers though)
Non Autographed for my copy
I seem to recall some were printed up for those who could not attend (or I'm thinking of another one of theirs)
Was buyers choice or if you were around when Dave was at the booth (sadly I missed him)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 am 

I seem to remember 214 copies was bandied about as the final number of copies, and IIRC it was backed up by an explanation from GG as to why such an odd number.
From what I've seen, a non-autographed copy seems a lot harder to find than an autographed copy. When last I looked they were hitting $250+, but I've not seen one on eBay over the last six months or more. Definately the rarest of the GG line, followed thereafter by #20.5 (which appears not to have been shat on the internet yet in PDF, unlike #3.5).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 am 

bamajon1974 wrote:Question about DCCs:

Were there 1st and 2nd printings of the following? Either printing info at the end of the OGL license information of different GMG logos (b&w cowboy vs. color triceratops)

DCC16 Curse of the Emerald Cobra
DCC18 Citadel of the Demon Prince
DCC19 The Volcano Caves
DCC20 Shadows of Freeport

Thanks!

FYI, straight from the horse's mouth at Goodman Games forums

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 2dbbf8de9f

DCC16 apparently had 2 printings, DCCs 18-20 only had one.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 pm 

Hello from Ben "Superfan" Waxman.  Quick question:

What do people think about value of unusual items like module designer notes, hand drawn maps, a multi-signed #35 box, and for non printed modules like 17.2, "The Lost Passage of the Drow" on faux parchment by Harley Stroh and Jon Hershberger?

By helping out with the color Dundjinni maps for a couple of conventions, I was able to befriend some very nice folks who sent me some very interesting things.  

Welcome your thoughts, and plan to post some of these and others on eBay in the days ahead for :( reasons.  Hope you guys and gals can give them a good home!

Ben

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:01 am 

benwax wrote:Hello from Ben "Superfan" Waxman.  Quick question:

What do people think about value of unusual items like module designer notes, hand drawn maps, a multi-signed #35 box, and for non printed modules like 17.2, "The Lost Passage of the Drow" on faux parchment by Harley Stroh and Jon Hershberger?

By helping out with the color Dundjinni maps for a couple of conventions, I was able to befriend some very nice folks who sent me some very interesting things.  

Welcome your thoughts, and plan to post some of these and others on eBay in the days ahead for :( reasons.  Hope you guys and gals can give them a good home!

Ben

It is hard to put a price on unique items. You may want to post them in classifieds and see what you are offered. I think you can still list 50 auction items for free on ebay per month for one week auctions but I don't know if you can do a reserve price with that. You could run a dutch auction by putting them up for .50c per item per month on ebay and start with a high asking price and reduce it.

Best thing to do is what you are doing now. Gather information first before selling. If you do end up selling by auction make sure to post on all the websites that have classifieds ahead of time to let people know.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

PreviousNext