Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 37123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 353637
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:47 pm 

:D  Yeah. I meant DCC#51.  :oops:
The DCC C9 with the EO cover is worth it for the cover alone. It will stand up to the test of time and already sells for more than cover price. IMO, a copy with only the GG logo will be worth more, but for collectors, this is a good solid investment. Not likely to depreciate, but likely to hit a plateau at around $50 long term I think.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:02 am 

Just posting since I know you guys are fans of old-school art...I thought some of you may be interested in this podcast I recorded with Erol Otus, Jeff Easley, and Stefan Pogue, on old-school art in general and the Dungeon Alphabet in particular:

http://ninjamountain.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ecial.html

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 am 

Thanks Joesph!

I'm listening right now... I kinda wish it was just an Erol interview...

I'm also noticing right away there are some factual errors. (1972?, "steve" sutherland?)

The interviewer and Otus  both hit the nail on the head... the first wave of artists were embroiled in the game and fans of the company or had been part of it's early development.

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 am 

Erol is Funny!

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:35 am 

I think I may have asked this before, but I can't find the thread answer if I did...  :oops:

I've just received a DCC Saga boxset and have just started to have a read through, albeit very briefly.

I wondered, is it easy/reasonable to convert the player and monster stats back to 1st ed? I have no other d20 items, so have no point of reference with regards what any player stats may mean.

thanks in advance for re-answering this, if I've asked before...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am 

actually, I'm getting to grips with it and I'm sure the Rules Compendium I have on its way soon (cheers Mbass) should iron out the questions! :D

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 am 

For those who are interested, we have posted a special pre-order offer on The Dungeon Alphabet. Pre-order the print copy of The Dungeon Alphabet at your local game store or the Goodman Games online store and be entered into a drawing to win a collector's copy autographed by cover artist Erol Otus! Download the pre-order form now from http://www.goodman-games.com/4385preview.html . The Dungeon Alphabet is now at the printer, on track for a January release date.

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 am 

wow, the gazetteer really has dropped in price....now is a good time to pick some up...this is a fine product...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:48 pm 

carrejo wrote:wow, the gazetteer really has dropped in price....now is a good time to pick some up...this is a fine product...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

When Goodman had it's 1/2 price sale it was $49.99 or something like that, and if you included that along with $50.01 of other merchandise, the shipping was free (which is exactly what I did).  It really helped finish out my collection.  I am SO glad I hopped on that. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:36 pm 

Wasn't Gazetteer of the Known Realms $35 or something close originally?  I don't recall spending anything crazy for it.  Now the Castle Whiterock was $99.99 and that I waited till it came on Ebay for cheap.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
When Goodman had it's 1/2 price sale it was $49.99 or something like that, and if you included that along with $50.01 of other merchandise, the shipping was free (which is exactly what I did).  It really helped finish out my collection.  I am SO glad I hopped on that. 8)

yeah, I did as well, it was such a great buy, what I meant was after that, the gazetteer became hard to come by, and was selling in the 100+ range for a while on ebay, or at least thats what I remembered.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:08 pm 

carrejo wrote:
yeah, I did as well, it was such a great buy, what I meant was after that, the gazetteer became hard to come by, and was selling in the 100+ range for a while on ebay, or at least thats what I remembered.

If I recall, some lady sold a lot of them back to back to back to back etc.  I mean like a dozen or even more over several months (maybe a year ago?).  During that time, the eBay market price dropped from over $100 down to around $40 or $50.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 pm 

Plaag wrote:Wasn't Gazetteer of the Known Realms $35 or something close originally?  I don't recall spending anything crazy for it.  Now the Castle Whiterock was $99.99 and that I waited till it came on Ebay for cheap.

ShaneG.

I believe the Gazetteer was originally $69, maybe it was $35 during the half price sale. It sold out quick enough.

The last one I had up for sale a few months ago went almost instantly at $100

These will probably continue to go for $100+ but bargains do crop up. That being said it is a setting with only two adventures included rather than a massive boxed adventure. The DCC setting seems relatively unimportant when using the DCC line of adventures and I haven't gone through it yet so I can't be a judge on the quality.

I just see this set more as a collectable rather than an end use kind of item and that may limit its value down the road.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:If I recall, some lady sold a lot of them back to back to back to back etc.  I mean like a dozen or even more over several months (maybe a year ago?).  During that time, the eBay market price dropped from over $100 down to around $40 or $50.

I think that that was historygal2 or somebody similar.  She ran out of them earlier this year (early to mid-2009).

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:17 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
If I recall, some lady sold a lot of them back to back to back to back etc.  I mean like a dozen or even more over several months (maybe a year ago?).  During that time, the eBay market price dropped from over $100 down to around $40 or $50.

She had about 12 and some were opened and damaged, and perhaps the last one was incomplete (I seem to remember). I think the first 8 went for over $100. I believe they were shrinkwrapped copies/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:17 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I think that that was historygal2 or somebody similar.  She ran out of them earlier this year (early to mid-2009).

That is the seller I was referring to.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:34 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I believe the Gazetteer was originally $69, maybe it was $35 during the half price sale. It sold out quick enough.

The last one I had up for sale a few months ago went almost instantly at $100

These will probably continue to go for $100+ but bargains do crop up. That being said it is a setting with only two adventures included rather than a massive boxed adventure. The DCC setting seems relatively unimportant when using the DCC line of adventures and I haven't gone through it yet so I can't be a judge on the quality.

I just see this set more as a collectable rather than an end use kind of item and that may limit its value down the road.

Yeah, I got mixed up with Castle Whiterock.  I just know I mostly paid half price or better on my DCC collection. :oops:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:04 am 

benjoshua wrote:
Yeah, I got mixed up with Castle Whiterock.  I just know I mostly paid half price or better on my DCC collection. :oops:

Yeah, I started collecting when the halfprice sales were going but missed dcc #35 and paid full price for it + shipping. Noble Knight still seems to be unloading a number of the modules as sets for a bargain price but some are getting hard to find.

I know I still need the boxed set with minis of #30 (?) and module 3.5

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 37123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 353637