Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 37123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 353637
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 pm 

I would think that an owner of a bashed box (Complete set otherwise) might pay a little bit for a nice box to replace his or her bashed one.

$10? :?:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:31 pm 

Heck, I'd be willing to send it to someone for shipping costs if they needed it.  I was kidding about selling it (honest).  It is a pretty hardcore box (much sturdier than I would have expected) and it did a mightly fine job of protecting the PHB after it had been mumified in brown paper and tape.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 pm 

Just out of curiosity, what's the return address of the seller with all the extra DCC #30 boxes?

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 pm 

Mine came from Fort Wayne, IN.  Not sure other than that as the mumification and label got shredded.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 pm 

Richard wrote:I would think that an owner of a bashed box (Complete set otherwise) might pay a little bit for a nice box to replace his or her bashed one.

$10? :?:

would there be any way to "fabricate" a tourney version of this set? Not to be shady but to complete one's collection... I think the minis were available separately too.

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Last edited by TheMilford on Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 pm 

The box has found a home.  Wow, that didn't take long at all.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
would there be any way to "fabricate" a tourney version of this set? Not to be shady but to complete one's collection... I think the minis were available separately too.

The minis are the only thing that would be easy about completing a set from scratch.
The minis were only a small part of the contents.
All of the 12 Minis (6 adventurers, 6 monsters) can be purchased from Reaper Miniatures.
But those minis are not cheap at all.

The rest?
Very unlikely.
The Module itself could ONLY be obtained from the Tournament or from that box Set.
As far as I know, none were sold seperatly, though a non tourney version of that DCC 30 module was sold later.
The biggest and most obvious difference is that the later version does not have the Word Tournament printed on the front cover.
BIG give away.
I have one copy of each of those books and there is no confusing them.
There may be other differences between the two versions of the module, but if so I do not know them.

I also have a box top and bottom now.
Mistreated and shipping Damaged as it is.
It is of course the one I posted about above, with the tape all around and a Big Shipping label on the artwork on top.... plus a big ding on one corner.

Additionally, there were the DMs Kits (3 of them) and the Players Kits (4 of them).
But, not having a complete DCC 30 set, I have no clue what they even look like.

The only reason I know what I posted here was from reading the box bottom.
There is a list of the contents there, along with a large picture of the Minis.
The photo shows the Minis nicely Painted, though the ones inside the box are not.
Nor are the Minis you can buy from Reaper.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 pm 

Thought you guys might be interested in this announcement:

http://www.goodman-games.com/4385preview.html

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 pm 

goodmangames wrote:Thought you guys might be interested in this announcement:

http://www.goodman-games.com/4385preview.html

I would likely buy that just for the artwork.
Take a look at the Cover and Interior Artists list fellow Acaeum members.... 8O    :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:25 am 

It is a good-looking book!  I'll be curious to hear how Mike expanded the content compared to what was on his blog and in Knockspell #1.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:47 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
I would likely buy that just for the artwork.
Take a look at the Cover and Interior Artists list fellow Acaeum members.... 8O    :D

That's a darn nice list of illustrators! Will have to pick up a copy or two!!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:08 am 

Guys;

This seems like a good place to post this, as it's DCC related.  The first release of Black Blade was at NTRPG, and it DOES have our logo on the back cover.  I think these should be available shortly from the site (when Jon Hershberger gets back to Wichita!).  If you want to support 1E old school gaming, here is a good start....

Mike B.

June 6, 2009 -- Goodman Games, developer and publisher of the hugely-popular line of Dungeon Crawl Classics line of adventures for fantasy role-playing campaigns, is pleased to announce an agreement with Black Blade Publishing to publish adaptations of the Dungeon Crawl Classics line of adventures for First Edition fantasy role-playing games. The first release is First Edition Dungeon Crawls: Secret of Smuggler's Cove, adapted from Dungeon Crawl Classics #7: Secret of Smuggler's Cove. This 32-page adventure module is fully compatible with the First Edition of the world's most-popular fantasy role-playing game, any of the other early editions of that game, or any of their modern simulacra.

First Edition Dungeon Crawls: Secret of Smuggler's Cove will be initially released at the North Texas RPG Con in Dallas, TX, June 5-7, and will be available for purchase directly from Black Blade Publishing immediately thereafter.

Black Blade Publishing has scheduled two more releases in 2009, beginning in the fall with First Edition Dungeon Crawls: The Golden Palace of Zahadran, adapted from DCC # 32: The Golden Palace of Zahadran, followed by First Edition Dungeon Crawls: Devil in the Mists, adapted from DCC #40: Devil in the Mists, a sequel to Dungeon Crawl Classics #7: Secret of Smuggler's Cove.

"The old school gaming community continues to build momentum. Some of the more forward-looking members of this community are focused on expanding their love of the hobby by looking forward toward new fans, not only backward toward nostalgia. Jon Hershberger is one such person and I'm glad to be working with him on his Black Blade adaptations," said Goodman Games President Joseph Goodman.

Jon Hershberger, co-founder of Black Blade Publishing, added, "The Dungeon Crawl Classics line of adventure modules has provided countless hours of fun and role-playing goodness for fantasy gamers all over the world. Black Blade Publishing is very excited to publish some of the most popular d20 adventure modules from Goodman Games for the early edition fantasy role-playing games. The quality and quantity of products being introduced in the old school gaming community right now is amazing.  We're really happy to be a part of that thriving old school gaming community."

Founded in 2002 by Joseph Goodman, Goodman Games is a game publisher best known for their Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure modules. For additional information, visit www.goodman-games.com.

Formed in 2009 by Jon Hershberger and Allan Grohe, Wichita-based Black Blade Publishing will begin publishing First Edition Dungeon Crawls in June 2009 under license from Goodman Games. For additional information, visit www.black-blade-publishing.com

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Last edited by Badmike on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 am 

Badmike wrote:I think these should be available shortly from the site (when Jon Hershberger gets back to Wichita!).  If you want to support 1E old school gaming, here is a good start....

Good to know.  I sent Jon an email about them a couple days ago so I'm hoping to hear back from him soon once he gets settled in again.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:38 am 

Now that sound like a company I can do business with. Have money. Just need the product to spend it on.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:02 am 

Superb Idea!!

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:23 am 

The link in Mike's post is broken, because it has a dot after the "com" and before the "/".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:The link in Mike's post is broken, because it has a dot after the "com" and before the "/".

Sorry, fixed it....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:21 pm 

Rarity sighting: DCC #35 (mint condition and shrink wrapped) and DCC #30 tournament edition (mint condition and shrink wrapped) at Games of Berkeley. Both at standard MSRP. Store info is on my retail locator. Saw it about five hours ago today. Enjoy!

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 37123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 353637