Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 37123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 353637
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 pm 

Oops! I didn't see that. I was thinking the Otis Cover was the GenCon eddition and the white was the mainstream. GG really need to get their arse in gear and stop screwing with their product image. It's killing their product line as a collectable.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Oops! I didn't see that. I was thinking the Otis Cover was the GenCon eddition and the white was the mainstream. GG really need to get their arse in gear and stop screwing with their product image. It's killing their product line as a collectable.

The curse of 4th edition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I was thinking the Otis Cover was the GenCon eddition and the white was the mainstream.

This is what would make sense since the white cover matches the rest of their mainstream product line format.  It would be good to get a clarification from Goodman Games on this.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 pm 

Well, none of the previous editions killed the collectables market (well, maybe 2nd edition did), so I see no reason not to look for potential collectables in the 4E crop, but GG are just producing crap at the moment, and their new manga art covers really kill the product line. Now I realise Paizo did it with Pathfinder, but the difference is they did it first and GG really need to either have the artistic flair to make their own mark, or stick to the traditional. Copying the Paizo concept has been a bad move from the beginning, and I'd be willing to bet the company is suffering because of it. Let's hope they wake up and smell the coffee before they go the way of the dodo.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:58 pm 

There is no con logo on the white cover, unless I'm just blind to it.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 pm 

bombadil wrote:There is no con logo on the white cover, unless I'm just blind to it.

What is the logo on the lower left?  I don't have a copy, only looking at the ebay link posted previously.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 pm 

Good question.  A sticker, maybe?  

We'll have to hear from smarmy once he has it in his hands.

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:22 am 

The 5 Copys that i got at DundraCon all have a DundraCon2009 San Ramon,CA W/Dragon Printed in the lower left on the front cover. The Green cover has nothing but its a special 3.5 cover w/4E Module But the way i understoof it from Joseph it was only going to be at DundraCON because Erol was going to stop by since he lives kind of close. He is a Great guy i even got my FIne/New copy of S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks Signed.

Tim

Wagoners Games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:27 am 

So what's with the, "C9" in the upper right corner?  Don't DCC's usually have a number in this location (For example: Dungeon Crawl Classics #61:Citadel of the Corruptor http://www.goodman-games.com/5060preview.html )?  

C9 = Convention 09?*

Best,

Paul   

*edit:  Forgot the zero!

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Last edited by PaulKM on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 am 

New Wrinkle: A friend got me several copies of the white version at Ghengis Con ... I looked at them and THEY have a small Ghengis Con logo (printed, not sticker). Otherwise they seems identical to the previously posted white copy image. I'll scan today and upload.

I don't think the white copy is "general release." You can't find them in stores anywhere.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am 

Thanks for the wrinkle!  Interesting!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm 

OK, I got in my copy from Troll & Toad today. It looks exactly like the pick in bombadil's post above - no logo in the corner.  $12. I'm happy.  Always loved the Grell, so it is cool to have an adventure that features them.  Semi-interesting story to the adventure.  A decent read. :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm 

I picked up a bunch of DCC modules and both the copies of DCC 13 Crypt of the Devil Lich have the back cover stuck to the last page.  I have also seem this with someone else's copy.

Anyone else have this issue with their copies?  I should mention they are second printing copies.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:57 pm 

Mars wrote:I picked up a bunch of DCC modules and both the copies of DCC 13 Crypt of the Devil Lich have the back cover stuck to the last page.  I have also seem this with someone else's copy.

Anyone else have this issue with their copies?  I should mention they are second printing copies.

I have one copy of DCC 13 and I recently purchased another copy (not here yet).

My copy does NOT have any pages stuck anywhere.
Although it does have a different problem (bent/folded lower right corner) that affect the entire module, which is why I wanted another copy in minty condition.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:17 pm 

Very odd... I have the 'stuck' version - the last page is stuck to the back cover.  Hmmm, never noticed before...

Mine came fron  the Goodman sale last summer.  

(Hope I don't have another mod to track down now  :roll: )

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm 

Just got a shipment of a group of DCC Modules that were offered to me at a very good price, so I could not resist.

The heavy box was wrapped inside a coccon of brown packing paper with packing tape around that.
Not having X-Ray vision; I thought it was just a regular box, so the razor knife came out to cut the packing tape and the brown paper off.... :lol:

Once I had some of that brown paper off, I saw that the box was light blue and had writing on the side, so I started to be more careful. 8O

*EDIT*  I removed the picture as it had my name and mailing address.... DUMB....  STUPID even!  
For the curious, it was a nice shiny light blue colored DCC 30 Tournament Version Box....**END EDIT**

It was used as the shipping box and wrapped with clear packing tape in both directions all the way around the box top and bottom.
Worse still, the shipping label was under that double packing tape job on top of the boxes picture. 8O   :roll:

The DCC modules I ordered are all in great condition though.....  8)
The box protected them quite well. :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Thu May 14, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:23 pm 

...  8O  8O
if had been me box would not have had chance even if post had not crushed already :( :( all to save few cents in card or reuse packing box??

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:11 am 

8O
That is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Shanghai fun & friends!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 37123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 353637