Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 37123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 353637
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 am 

TBH I couldn't give a sh't on account of it being 4E. I'm sure the PDF will be available. I do really like the artwork, and that begs the question. Has anyone ever considered approacing EO and comissioning a private piece of artwork?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:TBH I couldn't give a sh't on account of it being 4E. I'm sure the PDF will be available. I do really like the artwork, and that begs the question. Has anyone ever considered approacing EO and comissioning a private piece of artwork?

An interesting thought.  I wonder if The Acaeum as a group would be interested in such?  If, by some chance, there were 20 or more of us willing to shell out say $50.00 for an 11x17 limited edition print, I think EO would take more interest in that offer than one person requesting an individual piece of work at $250.00.  Each print could be individually numbered and signed.

Is there any kind of consensus on what the artwork should be?  If it were up to me, I'd choose a horizontal print of a party of four characters (dwarf fighter, human cleric, elven thief and human magic-user) fighting a red dragon in a cave.  Something like what is found on the cover of DCC #6, #11 or #30.  Even the D&D Basic box cover is close to what I'd like.

My guess is that this will need to be another thread, so I'll move it to here for all responses and feedback.

viewtopic.php?p=127876#127876

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 pm 

bombadil wrote:I'll second that.  What a great cover.  Is there any way for those of us who didn't make it to DunDraCon to get a copy?  I'd love to have one.   :D

Glad you like it. Yes, it will be available at other cons. Our schedule is regularly updated at http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingevents.html . Next up is KublaCon then Gen Con and Archon, possibly with some others mixed in. Once the con season is over any remaining copies will be made available online.

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:19 pm 

goodmangames wrote:
Glad you like it. Yes, it will be available at other cons. Our schedule is regularly updated at http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingevents.html . Next up is KublaCon then Gen Con and Archon, possibly with some others mixed in. Once the con season is over any remaining copies will be made available online.

O.K. folks, KublaCon is coming up May 22-25, Burlingame, CA.  If anyone is attending, let people know so they can bombard you with requests.  :twisted:   I'm not organizing this thing!

For more info:  http://www.kublacon.com/

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:09 pm 

benjoshua wrote:

$108.57 with 13 hours to go. 8)

Wow, the going rate on these DCC Gazeteers are in the $130's...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:28 pm 

I didnt see it mentioned in this thread, did anyone else's DCC# 20 Shadows in Freeport, have a misprint on the spine showing #19 ?

Mine has the misprint and the new logo (the mod does not mention printing, so I assume it was a first print).

Just curious if this was common.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:55 pm 

Mine has the same mis-print... I recall the discussion off-hand and understand it's common   :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:16 pm 

thanks David for the info.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 am 

Smarmy you crazy bastard.  :lol:

Not much crazier than me though.   :roll:   Can't tell who won this one:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:41 am 

Those seem like crazy prices for the green covered Tomb of the Blind God modules.  Didn't Goodman state that this was the module they were bringing around to other cons this year (including Gencon etc)?  So it isn't even out of print yet?

The white covered version though seems like an okay price - it also looks to be an exclusive for DunDraCon with the DunDraCon logo on the cover.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:42 am 

BTW, can someone going to GenCon pick up a copy or two for me?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 am 

Mars wrote:Those seem like crazy prices for the green covered Tomb of the Blind God modules.  Didn't Goodman state that this was the module they were bringing around to other cons this year (including Gencon etc)?  So it isn't even out of print yet?

The white covered version though seems like an okay price - it also looks to be an exclusive for DunDraCon with the DunDraCon logo on the cover.

Kind of surprised that the Otus cover version didnt have the DunDraCon logo on it like the normal white covered version.  If it did I could easily understand the price.  Joseph did state that this module would be available at other cons but that doesnt necessarily mean that it will be the one with the Otus cover.  I hope so though....that is one of my favorite DCC covers.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 am 

Its only a couple posts up where Bombadil asked about obtaining a copy of the Otus cover and Goodman said yes it will be available at other cons.  I think it was produced as a generic module to bring around rather than having separate prints for each con.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 am 

Mars wrote:Its only a couple posts up where Bombadil asked about obtaining a copy of the Otus cover and Goodman said yes it will be available at other cons.  I think it was produced as a generic module to bring around rather than having separate prints for each con.

I read this post:

goodmangames wrote:I'm referring to our 2009 con special. The cover for D&D Experience and GenghisCon was by Ben Wooten, while Erol did the DunDraCon cover:

My brain must have missed this one:

goodmangames wrote:Glad you like it. Yes, it will be available at other cons. Our schedule is regularly updated at http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingevents.html . Next up is KublaCon then Gen Con and Archon, possibly with some others mixed in. Once the con season is over any remaining copies will be made available online.

I figured that the Otus cover was exclusive to DunDraCon based on the first quote.  Good to know that will not be the case.  You better pick me up a copy at GenCon smarmy!  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 am 

Good luck with that one, boys.  I think this puppy is going to be hard to find in numbers.

And yes, that was me on the copy signed by Lord Otus.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 pm 

Funny.  DCC C9 has "2099 Convention Special" printed inside the margin of each page.  Both the white cover and Otus cover printings have it.  Looks like the only difference between the two is the cover.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:56 pm 

OK, I don't have the slightest idea what this module is all about. I was unaware of it until 5 minutes ago when I read this thread. I did a quick google search, and found:
Dungeon Crawl Classics C9 Tomb of the Blind God GMGGC09 (2009 Con Special) ( Near Mint Condition Softcover ) @ $12.99

at Troll & Toad.  I just ordered it.  Hopefully that is a good deal?

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p241838.html

Doesn't seem to mention what cover it had.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:13 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Doesn't seem to mention what cover it had.

T&T did not use their typical description : "May or may not have the Otus cover."   :wink:

The Otus cover is shown earlier in this thread.  The white cover uses the same 4E art style of the other 4E DCC offerrings.  I think both are the same 4E adventure (as opposed to Goodman releasing a 1E convention adventure as they have done in the past).  Both are being offerred at this year's 'Cons, be it Dundracon, Kublacon or Gencon (or others I am not aware of).  Hard to say the rarity of either of these, but one would have to assume it is rarer than their normal DCC titles, and the convention modules from Goodman have tended to do well.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 37123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 353637