Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 37123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 353637
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:13 am 

define good plz for interest :) :)

looked back for 2nd print auction where was not fixed price or high minimum end result $19. somewhere between that + $45 on current unsold seems right for 2nd

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:32 pm 

In case anyone is interested, I was at Gamescape San Francisco today and they had shrink-wrapped copies of DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms and DCC #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings Tournament Edition at MSRP (plus a lot of other shrink-wrapped DCC's).

http://gamescapesf.net/index.html

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:51 pm 

goodmangames wrote:In case anyone is interested, I was at Gamescape San Francisco today and they had shrink-wrapped copies of DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms and DCC #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings Tournament Edition at MSRP (plus a lot of other shrink-wrapped DCC's).

http://gamescapesf.net/index.html

Thank you very much, I just got a copy of DCC# 35 which I had been looking for. Great Xmas present for myself :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 pm 

Anyone else's copies of DCC#52 Chronicle of the Fiend have a spine for #49 Palace of the Wastes (otherwise it's DCC#52 through and through)?  Or just all the copies I've come across so far?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 pm 

Badmike wrote:Anyone else's copies of DCC#52 Chronicle of the Fiend have a spine for #49 Palace of the Wastes (otherwise it's DCC#52 through and through)?  Or just all the copies I've come across so far?

I saw one of those at a Lone Star store.  I believe that this misprint was mentioned earlier in this or another thread.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:40 am 

Badmike wrote:Anyone else's copies of DCC#52 Chronicle of the Fiend have a spine for #49 Palace of the Wastes (otherwise it's DCC#52 through and through)?  Or just all the copies I've come across so far?

Mike B.

My two copies have the correct spine. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:50 am 

Mike B.

Mine is correct as well, you have a bonifide misprint Mike :)

I will give you $5.00 for it :wink:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:12 am 

Don't sell so fast Mike

Bottom of page

The first run has the misprinted cover. We've done a second run which has the corrected cover, but some of the first run made it into circulation.

Though I think he meant spine in this instance since that is what was discussed as being the issue.

I have one of these misprints as well.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 am 

Plaag wrote:Don't sell so fast Mike

Bottom of page

Though I think he meant spine in this instance since that is what was discussed as being the issue.

I have one of these misprints as well.

ShaneG.

I think a lot of the first run made it out....so I'm not sure of it's value as a collectible.  Very odd looking, though.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think a lot of the first run made it out....so I'm not sure of it's value as a collectible.  Very odd looking, though.

Mike B.

I noticed the day I bought mine that it was screwed up.  From what I read over on the Goodman Games forum, pretty sure the entire first batch of these has the incorrect title on the spine.  I seriously doubt that will make it much of a rarity.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 pm 

In case anyone is interested, I noticed that Noble Knight Games is selling DCC#35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms for $110 its in EX/NM shape. At the moment, this boxed set seems hard to come by, but not sure its worth the price at the moment.

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... GenreID_E_

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 pm 

carrejo wrote:In case anyone is interested, I noticed that Noble Knight Games is selling DCC#35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms for $110 its in EX/NM shape. At the moment, this boxed set seems hard to come by, but not sure its worth the price at the moment.

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... GenreID_E_

If you consider that the retail price is $69.99 and you can still find these in stores....probably not.  Until you start seeing them on Ebay going for more than NK's price I would recommend you keep looking to find a better price.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:43 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
If you consider that the retail price is $69.99 and you can still find these in stores....probably not.  Until you start seeing them on Ebay going for more than NK's price I would recommend you keep looking to find a better price.

Thanks for the info, I am learning slowly how these things work :)

I personally was able to get a shrinkwrapped set for retail price from Gamescape, based on a post earlier from Joseph Goodman. So your right they are still out there in stores.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Ive heard of these coming up in stores recently but last fall they were selling on ebay for $110 - $150 in shrink

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:56 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Ive heard of these coming up in stores recently but last fall they were selling on ebay for $110 - $150 in shrink

So I should race King to the local gamestore and buy whatever copies they have . . . ?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Ive heard of these coming up in stores recently but last fall they were selling on ebay for $110 - $150 in shrink

Last fall they were also selling for $60 - $90 depending on which particular Ebay auction you were looking at.  You can still find them for retail price if you look and ask around.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm 

FWIW, an Acaeum menber pointed me to a local store that had one SW and on-sale (ie below cover) to boot... probably they're 'out there' but not for long...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Last fall they were also selling for $60 - $90 depending on which particular Ebay auction you were looking at.  You can still find them for retail price if you look and ask around.

Exactly, I got mine for about $75.00 including shipping this past year. 8)   Keep looking.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 37123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 353637