Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 37123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 353637
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:53 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Picture confirming/illustrating:
[ Image ]

'Gencon Special' is on the right - 'Post Gencon Special' is on the left

Hope this helps to clarify

vg thx brendon :) :) have only gencon 12.5s so could not scan for compare

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 am 

Who doesn't love those blue-scale maps? (I've come over all sentimental!)

(As it goes I've only just got my first 2 DCC's and I haven't even opened them yet - so much for trying to stay focused rather than get sucked into another collection - Ack 8O )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:36 am 

simonmwh wrote:
With #12.5 it is impossible and so it has to stay as one printing.

content different on gencon printing as said before + brendons note. DMG w/MM page backs also not visible on cover but still valid printing

Ooops must have not read that post :oops: cancel everything I have said earlier then

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm 

Trying to establish a list of the rares in the DCC line, and I come up with the following;

>oops<DCC#3.5 - Stupidly rare and currently the rarest of the GG products. Not released as a PDF but widely available in that form.
DCC#12.5 1E - The 'Goldenrod' marks the start of GG's acknowledgement of their roots
DCC#17.5 - These don't seem to crop up as often as the other tourney specials.
DCC#20.5 - Never to be released in PDF form on account of licensing issues with some dorks, and curiously missing from the usual torrents.
DCC#30 Tournament Pack - A sudden addition to the list following everyone's mad buying spree.
Saga of the Rat King Gencon Logo - Limited print run and not appeared on eBay yet, so no idea about interest.

Have I missed any? I have disregarded DCC#51.5 and Castle Whiterock on account of their easy of purchase at incredibly low prices.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:DCC#2.5 - Stupidly rare

2.5 would be ;) ;)
3.5 more common for printed number than 12.5 1e gencon but most people not selling. may be more rare unsigned you think??

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:15 pm 

You may think about adding the Free RPG day items.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:31 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:2.5 would be ;) ;)
3.5 more common for printed number than 12.5 1e gencon but most people not selling. may be more rare unsigned you think??

Have only seen one copy unsigned on eBay. People sell autographed copies like they increase the value in some way, when in fact they probably decrease it by telling people it's signed. Go figure.

Mars wrote:You may think about adding the Free RPG day items.

What Free RPG Day items? Not DCC#51.5 I presume?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:What Free RPG Day items? Not DCC#51.5 I presume?

Yes, I was thinking of the 51.5 Free RPG Day version.  I don't have a good sense on how many of these were produced.  That Free RPG day only occurred in the US and then later in the UK.  The "Free RPG Day" logo was removed for general sale of the module as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:52 pm 

Mars wrote:
Yes, I was thinking of the 51.5 Free RPG Day version.  I don't have a good sense on how many of these were produced.  That Free RPG day only occurred in the US and then later in the UK.  The "Free RPG Day" logo was removed for general sale of the module as well.

Problem is eBay and almost all of the online retailers still sell the Free RPG Day version for less than $5. I think the numbers are up in the thousands for that one.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:45 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Have I missed any? I have disregarded DCC#51.5 and Castle Whiterock on account of their easy of purchase at incredibly low prices.

#35 Gazeteer is a pain to get hold of...don't know about its print run/rarity though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:33 am 

How rare would the 'DCC World Maps', still sealed in the envelope, be?

These are the maps from #35 Gazeteer Boxed set, but were sold separately as a set in a large white envelope for a while.

I haven't actively been keeping a track on them, but haven't seen any for a long time on EBay (last available at GG was it around Jan 2007?), and don't really know how many were produced/sold to begin with.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:07 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:How rare would the 'DCC World Maps', still sealed in the envelope, be?

These are the maps from #35 Gazeteer Boxed set, but were sold separately as a set in a large white envelope for a while.

I haven't actively been keeping a track on them, but haven't seen any for a long time on EBay (last available at GG was it around Jan 2007?), and don't really know how many were produced/sold to begin with.

Here's a Gazeteer that sold about ten days ago for $52.00 with reasonable shipping & handling.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

It's in shrink but one corner was "slightly damaged."  In my opinion, the buyer got a good buy.  I personally bought one in shrink for about the same price five months ago but from Canada so the shipping was over $20.00.  Anyway, if it's any help, a decent price for DCC #35 in shrink is currently from $60 to $75.00, and the price is trending upwards.  My guess is the maps are $15.00 at best. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:09 am 

Maybe DCC #4.5 'My Friend the Formian'.
  5 pages inside EN World Player's Journal #4.

Definitely not that rare but if you are a serious completist, a must have.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 pm 

Just ordered $50 more DCCs from NK. I got some of the ones that Goodman is out of stock on...

Also, I received my replacement DCC#51 from Goodman and it's got smashed corners just like the first one. I wish they would just swap out the box. the heavy set doesn't make it through the mail... especially since they don't use any protective packing.

Also... can you guys check your copies of DCC#50... both of mine are cut at an angle on the top. I wonder if they are all like this.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Trying to establish a list of the rares in the DCC line, and I come up with the following;

>oops<DCC#3.5 - Stupidly rare and currently the rarest of the GG products. Not released as a PDF but widely available in that form.
DCC#12.5 1E - The 'Goldenrod' marks the start of GG's acknowledgement of their roots
DCC#17.5 - These don't seem to crop up as often as the other tourney specials.
DCC#20.5 - Never to be released in PDF form on account of licensing issues with some dorks, and curiously missing from the usual torrents.
DCC#30 Tournament Pack - A sudden addition to the list following everyone's mad buying spree.
Saga of the Rat King Gencon Logo - Limited print run and not appeared on eBay yet, so no idea about interest.

I've found a huge torrent with loads of titles, but as you say, 20.5 is not included in that.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:24 pm 

Printed copies of DCC#3.5 seem to be the rarest of the lot. Only recall three copies on eBay in maybe 4 years.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:05 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Printed copies of DCC#3.5 seem to be the rarest of the lot. Only recall three copies on eBay in maybe 4 years.

I think that is 2 or 3 more copies than the Gencon version of 12.5.  Can you recall any of those on Ebay?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:17 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think that is 2 or 3 more copies than the Gencon version of 12.5.  Can you recall any of those on Ebay?

Bclarkie auctioned one many moons ago, I don't recall it doing any better than the other printings.  The differences are just too esoteric to really get people all excited over it.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 37123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 353637