Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 37123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 353637
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 am 

Hey everyone, a quick plug for The Acaeum's very own Wiki ( http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Main_Page ). Almost all of the DCC modules are now up on the Wiki. Check it out:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Du ... l_Classics

We are still hunting scans of some of the different printings - so if you see one that and not there, feel free to join and put it on.

On the main category page, you can switch between a list view of all the modules, a gallery view showing all the covers, and a brief article about the series.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:26 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Hey everyone, a quick plug for The Acaeum's very own Wiki ( http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Main_Page ). Almost all of the DCC modules are now up on the Wiki. Check it out:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Du ... l_Classics

We are still hunting scans of some of the different printings - so if you see one that and not there, feel free to join and put it on.

On the main category page, you can switch between a list view of all the modules, a gallery view showing all the covers, and a brief article about the series.

it would be usefull to hace the DCC# next to the titles for reference.

Also it would be good to include more info on the different pritings (ala, tounament box, etc.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
it would be usefull to hace the DCC# next to the titles for reference.

Also it would be good to include more info on the different pritings (ala, tounament box, etc.)

The category page http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Dungeon_Crawl_Classics will always show the page names.  The pages could be  moved from say "The Adventure Begins" to "DCC 28: The Adventure Begins", and that will make the series number to appear in the category page and incidentally will also change the sort order of the category page.

The gallery page http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Dungeon_Crawl_Classics already has the series number and is sorted by that order.

Adding printing information would be great and helps make the wiki comparable to the main acaeum site.  Someone who has the printings needs to step up, though.  The wiki is open to all acaeum forum members.  Register on the wiki with the same handle you use on the forum, and PM HermitFromPluto when you've done it.  The PM step verifies that the person who created the wiki account is the same person who uses the forum account.

If you are aware of a printing but don't have it, maybe because of auction watching or a google image search, you can use the {{ScanNeeded|NAME|DESCRIPTION}} template to make people aware of the missing printing.  Give the printing a NAME, and for DESCRIPTION provide a short description that distinguishes the printing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 pm 

Sorry I know this is off topic but...I have had my notification email after registering on Acaeum wiki but I still can't edit or add stuff.  What do I do next? :?:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 pm 

Hi Simon, I have just changed your status on the Wiki to 'editor' and sent you a PM - so you should be fine now.

I am based in Australia, so for anyone signing up, it may take me a little while to upgrade your editor status depending on how our time zones match up!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:06 pm 

Here's a table with all the DCC printings that I am aware of of.

I made articles, or at least linked the images simonmwh uploaded, but I don't know the authors, date and cover artist for Chronicle of the Fiend.

Last edited by grubbiv on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm 

grubbiv wrote:Here's a table with all the DCC printings that I am aware of of.

good work. three prints for 2 + 51.5 two 1e prints for 12.5 :) :)
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... f=20&t=894
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =20&t=2769

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 pm 

#52 is 112 pages long....authors are Mike Ferguson, Ken Hart, Andrew Hind, Phillip Larwood,, Rick Maffei, Greg Oppedisano, Ross Payton, Adrian M. Pommier, Harley Stroh....front cover Eugene Jarowski...back cover Brad McDevitt...copyright 2007 and its a glued soft cover.  I'm snowed under at work atm but will have a go at the wiki end of next week all being well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:good work. three prints for 2 + 51.5 two 1e prints for 12.5 :) :)
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... f=20&t=894
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =20&t=2769

There are at least three printings of 12.5 1E that I'm aware of. I have two printings, and I don't have the Gencon first.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:40 am 

simonmwh wrote:I'm snowed under at work atm but will have a go at the wiki end of next week all being well.

Be warned, it is quite addictive once you get started!  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:05 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:There are at least three printings of 12.5 1E that I'm aware of. I have two printings, and I don't have the Gencon first.

I'll be putting up one of each of the first two printings, including the GenCon 1st.  Should be up later today.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 am 

bombadil wrote:
I'll be putting up one of each of the first two printings, including the GenCon 1st.  Should be up later today.

There is a 1/4 inch difference in height between the 2nd and 3rd printing, and a different saturation level on the bue of the interior wraparound map.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 pm 

Thanks, Ian.  I'll have to take a look at my other two copies.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:There is a 1/4 inch difference in height between the 2nd and 3rd printing, and a different saturation level on the bue of the interior wraparound map.

Are you labeling the copies purchased from Goodman Games after Gencon as 2nd and 3rd printings?  Where some copies are noticeably taller than other copies?

Is there any evidence that they were printed on different dates?  I thought these covers were printed on big sheets and the difference was mainly an issue of uneven cutting.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 pm 

grubbiv wrote:Here's a table with all the DCC printings that I am aware of of.

I made articles, or at least linked the images simonmwh uploaded, but I don't know the authors, date and cover artist for Chronicle of the Fiend.

Were the old logo's only available on 1st prints or did that extend to some second printings for 1-20?  

Where the best place to find the printing details?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 am 

PaulKM wrote:Where the best place to find the printing details?

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... f=20&t=776

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:35 am 

Mars wrote:
Are you labeling the copies purchased from Goodman Games after Gencon as 2nd and 3rd printings?  Where some copies are noticeably taller than other copies?

Is there any evidence that they were printed on different dates?  I thought these covers were printed on big sheets and the difference was mainly an issue of uneven cutting.

The copies printed after Gencon that I received from Badmike, and a few others online are different from the ones I bought in bulk from KNG. The KNG copies are 1/4 inch taller and have different ink saturation on the wraparound map. This tells me that, at the very least, they were printed and cut on different machines, even if they were not printed on the same day. The 1/4 inch height difference extends to the white booklet also, and I have not checked the writing to see if there are any alterations or corrections in the text.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am 

For the reprint after Gencon I ordered 5 copies.  Out of those 5, 2 or 3 of them were ones that were cut to be taller by 1/4 or slightly more than the others.  I saved 2 copies for myself (1 tall, 1 short) and the difference in height is between these two is 9 mm or about 0.354 inches (slightly more than 1/3 of an inch).  I also note that the yellow border on a number of these is not very uniform - one end of the same edge of yellow bar is thicker than the other end.  For height comparison, the Gencon edition and other DCC modules seem to fit in the middle of these two.

The colour saturation of the map inside both my tall and short copies however is the same but I do remember one of the other copies I had was lighter.  

I don't think this indicates a separate print run or even use of different equipment.  I think it means that they were badly cut.  I have no clue on what exactly is done in the printing industry (so someone who may know better may want to pipe in) but my guess is that the covers and book pages are printed in large sheets that are then cut out.  If perfectly cut, each cover would have the same size.  Instead, I think these were poorly cut (i.e. not down the middle where two covers on the large sheet meet).  Hence, a the yellow borders are not evenly cut or straight.  As a consequence, for each cover that was cut too tall, it took the extra height from another cover - hence there are also a number of shorter covers.

Summary:  same print run but badly cut.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 37123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 353637