Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 37123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 353637
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:44 am 

Goodman Games has added to its list of stuff going for half off.  Is any of this stuff good?  Here's a few of the items and their sale prices.

Complete Guide to Werewolves $8.49  
Complete Guide to Fey $9.49  
Complete Guide to Dragonkin $8.49  
Complete Guide to Treants $6.50  
Complete Guide to Beholders $11.00

http://www.goodman-games.com/store.html

I apologize if this was mentioned elsewhere.

8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Goodman Games has added to its list of stuff going for half off.  Is any of this stuff good?  Here's a few of the items and their sale prices.

I apologize if this was mentioned elsewhere.8)

From a general point of view from other publishers guides like this tend to be [acronym="a steaming pile of poop"]not very good[/acronym].  A rehash of old rules from other publishers etc.  These are more than likely the same.  Then again the DCC rock so these may too.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:09 pm 

simonmwh wrote:From a general point of view from other publishers guides like this tend to be [acronym="a steaming pile of poop"]not very good[/acronym].  A rehash of old rules from other publishers etc.  These are more than likely the same.  Then again the DCC rock so these may too.

Just picked their version of Dark Tower, it looks pretty bad, but I'll have to see how it compares to the original.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:13 pm 

DCC completists take note of this auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

They sold out of these very quickly in the Goodman Games online store when it was released.  Five separate modules in a box....nothing more.  Have only seen a couple of them on Ebay since the release though so they probably didnt print up a whole lot of those boxes.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Yeah...they have had a few misprints here and there.  Another one that is messed up is #52.  The cover shows the correct title which is Chronicle of the Fiend, but the spine shows the title as Palace In The Wastes which is the title for DCC #49.  Oops.  :roll:

My copy of #52 has the correct title on the spine.  So, there are at least two printings.  It would be interesting to know if the spine title is the only difference. :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:17 am 

benjoshua wrote:Goodman Games has added to its list of stuff going for half off.  Is any of this stuff good?  Here's a few of the items and their sale prices.

I apologize if this was mentioned elsewhere.

8)

A while ago (probably a year ago now) they had a lot of titles like this selling for $2-3 a pop. I expect that a lot of 3rd pp will be having those firesales again in the future (x-mas coming up...). I agree with other posters that these are not the best books though. Unless you're actively using these creatures in a 3.5 campaign, there's really no point in getting them. They show up all the time in the clearance sections of places like Half Price Books.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Just picked their version of Dark Tower, it looks pretty bad, but I'll have to see how it compares to the original.

They did this one justice, though Thieves of Badabaskor was the better of the 3 released in terms of improvement.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:14 am 

By and large Citadel of Fire and Dark Tower suffered more from the lack of any editing skills on the part of Greg and Kara than anything else.

Citadel of Fire proved to be a last minute rush job in order to meet the publishing deadline set by Goodman Games because the person that Eostros hired to do the proof reading and editing never did the work they were supposed to.  What was done to make up for lost time was rushed and incomplete at best and when combined with some of the playtest results it wound up changing the look and feel that I had been going for in parts of the adventure.

In a way I am glad that the current round of negotiations for new Judges Guild modules is stalled while things are sorted out as I would not want to see the next group of modules rushed into production in a similar manner ... even if I wind up not being involved with the project in the future.

Last edited by WereSteve on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 am 

Have to agree. God help us if they get their hands on Tegel Manor.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Have to agree. God help us if they get their hands on Tegel Manor.

would really like tegel reissue with original map http://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.280126748 + bill owen fiction from 1975-1976?? worked into introduction :) :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:05 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:would really like tegel reissue with original map http://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.280126748 + bill owen fiction from 1975-1976?? worked into introduction :) :)

Do you get a commission from that link ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 am 

Have to agree. God help us if they get their hands on Tegel Manor.

From what I understand, Necromancer still has the permission to release Tegel Manor as it was supposed to be their last Judges Guild release.  Unfortunately, the 3.5e version was completed and ready to go to press about the same time as 4e was announced.

Clark then asked permission from Bob Sr to release Tegel Manor as a 4e product before seeing the actual terms of the GSL.  By the time the terms of the GSL became known, Bob Sr had passed on leaving his son Bob Jr in charge of Judges Guild.  So ... as of right now it appears to be a waiting game to see what the terms of the revised GSL will be, and what Bob Jr's resulting decision will be regarding the future of Judges Guild products going forward.

In the meantime, I think the only new releases we will be seeing for the forseeable future will be from James Mishler ...

Last edited by WereSteve on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 pm 

I just got my Goodman 1/2-off order.

I got

DCC#51, #51.5, #50, #49, #34 and #11...

They didn't pack the order very well and the Whiterock box was a little crushed also my copy of #50 was cut wrong so the top of book is at an angle. I e-mailed them about it... I hope they exchange for non-defective ones.

In any case I hope to slowly complete the collection... I just hope they make good.

I seem to be having sorta bad luck in acquiring these things.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:13 pm 

TheMilford wrote:I just got my Goodman 1/2-off order.
I hope they exchange for non-defective ones.

They do, but they'll ask you to mail back the defective/damaged copies.  At least, that's my experience. :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am 

benjoshua wrote:
They do, but they'll ask you to mail back the defective/damaged copies.  At least, that's my experience. :?

I have no problem with this... But I'm trying to get them to only exchange the box itself. I fear shipping the heavy books in the box are what cause the damage. If I could get them to ship me just a replacement box it stands a better change of making the trip unscathed. Light packages tend to handled with better care.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
I have no problem with this... But I'm trying to get them to only exchange the box itself. I fear shipping the heavy books in the box are what cause the damage. If I could get them to ship me just a replacement box it stands a better change of making the trip unscathed. Light packages tend to handled with better care.

Good luck!  I personally doubt they'll go for it. :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:23 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
Good luck!  I personally doubt they'll go for it. :?

Why now... they save money on shipping and the possibility of it happening again (and again, and again).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
Why now... they save money on shipping and the possibility of it happening again (and again, and again).

I'm not saying your argument doens't make sense.  It's just that many return policies don't allow for thinking outside the box...... A pun! :?  8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 37123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 353637