Dungeon Crawl Classics Questions/Opinions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 37123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 353637
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 pm 

Badmike wrote:
#3.5, 17.5, 20.5, #30 box tournament set edition, now the Gazetteer (#35) with more to come no doubt....!

Mike B.

I'm down to just needing the 3.5 but didn't have the bucks to make Bombadil a reasonable offer.

No, I actually need the #30 boxed set too.

What about Saga of the Witch Queen, the flipbook and the Rat King adventure? Soon to be sold out I am certain.

As far as sold out from Goodman games (besides what has already been mentiond) the list is:
DCC#0
DCC#1
DCC#3
DCC#16
DCC#18
DCC#20
DCC#22
DCC#31
DCC#52 (Though I have heard that some more are on their way).

DCC#52 seems to have had a low print run. It is also the last before the switch to 4e and the horrendous new cover style.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 pm 

As far as DCC #52 goes, what storage bags are you using for this book?  The Ultra Pro Comic Series Magazine Size Bags that I have been using work well for the small page count modules but don't seem to do the trick for this guy.  (These poly bags are listed for magazines up to 8 3/4 x 11.)  Actually, I have quite a few of the thicker modules and booklets (100+ pages) that could use a good storage bag.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:18 am 

smarmy1 wrote:As far as DCC #52 goes, what storage bags are you using for this book?  The Ultra Pro Comic Series Magazine Size Bags that I have been using work well for the small page count modules but don't seem to do the trick for this guy.  (These poly bags are listed for magazines up to 8 3/4 x 11.)  Actually, I have quite a few of the thicker modules and booklets (100+ pages) that could use a good storage bag.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The next size I had on hand was Life Magazine size, which you need to fold over to fit. But I have a bunch of old office supplies and tend to use manila envelopes. I have the old string tie ones. You have to watch out for the ones with the metal clips because they are secured to the envelope with a hooked end.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:19 am 

DCC#3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse - $300+
3E Printed once and with no PDF available or planned due to copyright issues (unless you know where to look)

DCC#12.5 1E The Crypt of the Heretics - $50+
Special Edition with a yellow border around the cover
1E Available in PDF form from all major outlets

DCC#17.5 War of the Witch Queen - $50+
3.5E Available in PDF form from all major outlets

DCC#20.5 The Mask of Death - $100+
3.5E Printed once and with no PDF available or planned due to copyright issues (unless you know where to look)

DCC#30 Vault of the Dragon Kings Tournament Pack - $80+
A special boxed set containing DM and Player Tournament Packs and 12 Miniatures
3.5E Available in PDF form (look for both the DCC#30 and DCC#30.5 downloads) from all major outlets

Saga of the Rat King (Gencon Edition)
Probably gonna be a big player with value rising quickly over the next 12 months. Expect it to reach $100+, but much cheaper to buy the NKG Logo version if you're not interested in investments as these will be stay cheap as chips.

All the other DCCs
Momentary anomilies in the flow of product. Aunoch/Black Pearl - Probably a slow steady rise in value, but nothing worth getting out of bed for. I would expect DCC#52 to hold it's price, maybe even gain a little value, but nothing spectacular. I'd still expect to be able to buy them a year from now at a moderate price. Same with Castle Whiterock. I'd expect to be able to pick up copies for cover price, as there should be enough demand for it to maintain it's value, but nothing in either quality or substance that would warrant a high price tag.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 am 

All the other DCCs
Momentary anomilies in the flow of product. Aunoch/Black Pearl - Probably a slow steady rise in value, but nothing worth getting out of bed for. I would expect DCC#52 to hold it's price, maybe even gain a little value, but nothing spectacular. I'd still expect to be able to buy them a year from now at a moderate price. Same with Castle Whiterock. I'd expect to be able to pick up copies for cover price, as there should be enough demand for it to maintain it's value, but nothing in either quality or substance that would warrant a high price tag.

Do you mean cover price for DCC#51 or do you mean the $50 sale price? Remember cover price on this bad boy is $100.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:01 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:Do you mean cover price for DCC#51 or do you mean the $50 sale price? Remember cover price on this bad boy is $100.

I think we'll see this return to cover price in NM condition fairly quickly, so buying cheap now could be a good quick proffit if you can keep your shipping low.

I think there will be a lot of interest in Castle Zagyg if TLG get their fingers out of their respective recepticles, and Whiterock may end up playing second fiddle to what seems to be destined to be the next Rappan Atuck Reloaded (Castle Zagyg). To say CZ may be the next RAR is a little bit of a misnomer, because it was the lore of Greyhawk that built the expectation for what the megadungeon genre could be, but Rappan Athuk was the first product to truely deliver. So unfortunately CZ will has high standards to meet, but it has the source material and decades of development to deliver on it.

Castle Whiterock however tries hard but cannot hold it's own against the big boys, and I have put that down to it being a product designed purely to fit the genre with no gameplay or development experience to produce a truely rounded product. And on that basis, whilst it holds it's head above the likes of Worlds Worst Dungeon, it will not likely be covetted by those seeking the quality of dungeneering experience that EGG spent years developing.

So, yes. I expect it will hover for many years between $80 and $100 after the dust of the Great Goodman Games Giveaway has settles, but Rappan Athuk Reloaded and probably Castle Zagyg (provided we get more han one dungeon level) are destined to soar.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:15 pm 

figures look good but for
mbassoc2003 wrote:DCC#12.5 1E The Crypt of the Heretics - $50+

anyone selling first print of 60 at $50?? more rare + more difference than saga of rat king gencon which is logo only

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:anyone selling first print of 60 at $50?? more rare + more difference than saga of rat king gencon which is logo only

Indeedy, but it's a print run junky thing. I'd really be interested to watch those who must have a 1st printing battle over a Gencon #12.5 on eBay. Could be interesting.
Aside... Why'd you give up the tigers?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:05 pm 

sounds like rat king gencon risky if goes to $100+ comparing with 12.5 prints where was $100+ to start for the 60. unless having less difference but on cover is somehow better for $?? strange market :) :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm 

Mayhaps we will see a true 1st DCC#12.5 1E surface on eBay and be able to watch the furore. I could see it hitting $100+ with publicity and the right questions being asked of the seller.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:DCC#3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse - $300+
3E Printed once and with no PDF available or planned due to copyright issues (unless you know where to look)

DCC#12.5 1E The Crypt of the Heretics - $50+

DCC#17.5 War of the Witch Queen - $50+
3.5E Available in PDF form from all major outlets

DCC#20.5 The Mask of Death - $100+
3.5E Printed once and with no PDF available or planned due to copyright issues (unless you know where to look)

DCC#30 Vault of the Dragon Kings Tournament Pack - $80+
A special boxed set containing DM and Player Tournament Packs and 12 Miniatures
3.5E Available in PDF form (look for both the DCC#30 and DCC#30.5 downloads) from all major outlets

Saga of the Rat King (Gencon Edition)
Probably gonna be a big player with value rising quickly over the next 12 months. Expect it to reach $100+, but much cheaper to buy the NKG Logo version if you're not interested in investments as these will be stay cheap as chips.

All the other DCCs

Don't forget the convention only version of DCC #0...do these ever even go on sale, or are they mistaken for the "regular" #0 too often? They are at least as rare as any other convention only module.

Mike .

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 pm 

Badmike wrote:Don't forget the convention only version of DCC #0...do these ever even go on sale, or are they mistaken for the "regular" #0 too often? They are at least as rare as any other convention only module.

usual was $25-40 i thought. not seen recently. seemed to be negative against treated as normal module different release not released only for con. more than 60 copies but spread out not just with collectors makes seem a bit more rare than really is??

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:22 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:
usual was $25-40 i thought. not seen recently ...

Ah but it was seen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0260818760

:)

What do people think the Bookmark of Doom is worth?  I found one in a 1st DCC#10 from Aaron.

Cheers!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:56 pm 

I could sell a DCC#12.5 1E The Crypt of the Heretics 1st print, but I'm not certain I really want to go through Ebay to do it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:00 pm 

islestrike wrote:

Ah but it was seen:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

:)

What do people think the Bookmark of Doom is worth?  I found one in a 1st DCC#10 from Aaron.

Cheers!

Would have to see it, but I think I have some of them.  Along with there 3x5 glossy advertisements/map cards.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:27 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Last one........join the other familiar names on the purchases list  PDT_Armataz_01_34

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:47 pm 

Anyone still waiting on their last Goodman games orders? Their warehouse doesn't seem to be able to read numbers over 1 so they didn't send the multiple copies I ordered. I asked for tracking on the package that is suppossed to complete the order I put in over three weeks ago but haven't heard back.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:DCC#3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse - $300+

Doh!  Why didn't I think of that?!?  Thanks for the brain-boost. Now I finally have this one in pdf!  :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 37123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 353637