Find Jim Contest!
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:35 pm 
 

Greetings everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted anything here. Just wanted to let you know that we've updated the website with some new artwork and will be posting more in the next couple of weeks - one of the new pieces can be seen on the homepage! Let us know what you think.

Also, we're running a little contest. Although Jim is notoriously elusive of the camera, we do have a picture of him on the website. The first one that can correctly identify which picture will win an autographed copy to the AD&D Monster Manual II - a book in which he did the vast majority of interior illustrations! Please be specific on illustration and location!

Here's the link again to start you off - www.jimhollowayart.com

Good luck, y'all!   :wink:


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:55 pm 
 

Deogolf wrote:Greetings everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted anything here. Just wanted to let you know that we've updated the website with some new artwork and will be posting more in the next couple of weeks - one of the new pieces can be seen on the homepage! Let us know what you think.

Also, we're running a little contest. Although Jim is notoriously elusive of the camera, we do have a picture of him on the website. The first one that can correctly identify which picture will win an autographed copy to the AD&D Monster Manual II - a book in which he did the vast majority of interior illustrations! Please be specific on illustration and location!

Here's the link again to start you off - www.jimhollowayart.com

Good luck, y'all!   :wink:


Image

Is this him on the wanted poster in this picture?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4487
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: May 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 pm 
 

I was thinking its the giant in the picture right above that :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:21 pm 
 

Good guesses! But, sorry, keep looking!!  :)


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm 
 

What does he look like?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:46 pm 
 

Even I don't know!  :)

But, he did tell me which picture he was in and where he was located. That's all I can tell you!


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4487
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: May 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:51 pm 
 

Hum..seeing as how many old TSR employees now have white/grey beards..I'm going to say the Extreme Paranoia cover, he's wearing the smoky the bear type shirt.
Otherwise I give up...for now.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:55 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Hum..seeing as how many old TSR employees now have white/grey beards..I'm going to say the Extreme Paranoia cover, he's wearing the smoky the bear type shirt.
Otherwise I give up...for now.

ShaneG.


That's Larry Elmore, actually!  :)

But, as Bugs Bunny would say, "Gettin' warma!"  :wink:


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 1665
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Last Visit: May 02, 2021
Location: Moncton, NB Canada

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:01 pm 
 

Perhaps the figure in the "High Lord Weiramon" painting?


Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Hum..seeing as how many old TSR employees now have white/grey beards..I'm going to say the Extreme Paranoia cover, he's wearing the smoky the bear type shirt.
Otherwise I give up...for now.

ShaneG.


How about the guy who is standing right in front of the guy with the smokey the Bear Shirt with long blond hair?

Aside is that Erol Otus in the back round holding the candle and the other guy by the shirt?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Collector

Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 09, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 14, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:01 pm 
 

Howzbout the guy with the throwing star on Paranoia Stuff 2:the gray subnets?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:07 pm 
 

jasonw1239 wrote:Perhaps the figure in the "High Lord Weiramon" painting?


Sorry, it is not the High Lord.


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
How about the guy who is standing right in front of the guy with the smokey the Bear Shirt with long blond hair?

Aside is that Erol Otus in the back round holding the candle and the other guy by the shirt?


Nope. The two people that you mentioned are employees of Mongoose, if I remember correctly.


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 pm 
 

Glaive wrote:Howzbout the guy with the throwing star on Paranoia Stuff 2:the gray subnets?


Sorry, not him either.


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:50 pm 
 

High Lord Weiramon
or...

The long bearded star-hatted wizard from Paranoia: Flashbacks 2, maybe.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:01 pm 
 

serleran wrote: or...

The long bearded star-hatted wizard from Paranoia: Flashbacks 2, maybe.


Nor the long bearded star-hatted wizard...


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  


Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 14, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:42 am 
 

Jim is the reflected gnome (?) in the shield!! with his arms outstected!!
Justhtis Guy


the answer to Life, The Universe and EVERYTHING is  . . . .42!

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2070
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Last Visit: May 07, 2021
Location: Far Harad, Texas

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 am 
 

guess #1: Jim is the fellow with a hat, striped sweater, & glasses standing behind the orc. No wait a minute, that's Waldo.

guess #2: The site's background pattern contains an encrypted jpeg photo of Jim shaking hands with OJ Simpson.

guess #3: Jim doesn't exist in any single place, but is rather a universal life force which surrounds us all. In Jim we are all one.

guess #4: There is no Jim. Jim is nothing but a hoax perpetrated upon a society to jaded or unwilling to care.

guess #5: The hot chick in the vampire costume is Jim after a very special surgical procedure. He now prefers to be known as 'Jenny.'

  


JG Valuation Board

Posts: 149
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 26, 2012
Location: Whitley Bay,Tyne and Wear

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:06 am 
 

Extreme paronoia-guy standing in the red doorway with beard?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 07, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 02, 2018

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 am 
 

justthis guy wrote:Jim is the reflected gnome (?) in the shield!! with his arms outstected!!
Justhtis Guy


Sorry, dat's not him!  :)


Eulaliaaa!!!

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3