RingWorld RPG
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 pm 

Haven't seen one of these in a while, so I'm not willing to post it in silly prices (as it could actually be within reason at the moment).

However, I did want to post it somewhere other than interesting non-TSR items.  (Where I already have posted it.)

I call it "Shill or silly noobie?"

4 and a half days left and jflowers keeps upping his bids every time someone out-bids him.   I predict a very happy seller at the end of all of this. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:35 pm 

My pair will be up soon. I've never even read them. Are they any good?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:59 pm 

I can't say.  It's one of the rarer Chaosium products, so I've never been lucky enough to even see one, let alone read it.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm 

Ringworld is actually pretty good. I was a big fan of the books back in the day, and I played Ringworld a couple of times and liked it.

I dunno if the price it's fetching is usual.... I'll be putting mine up at some stage so I hope it regularly goes for that sort of cash. Maybe I'll just send the underbidder an offer when the current auction completes.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 pm 

I played it back in the day, but about the same time it was released superhero games like champions was taking off, so our group ended up only playing ringworld for a couple of months. But if I recall correctly it was a Chaosium BRP system style game and quite interesting.
I have seen it sell before for decent prices but never in the $150 range...

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:41 pm 

Ringworld is pretty cool, but a bit under-supported, I think. Maybe it wasn't marketed enough, or was "too niche." Had to sell mine a while ago (got a measly $25), so if its going for 6 times that, well... umm, I guess I just wait for someone to take pity on me.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm 

I think I heard that $70 was about average.

And to say it was under supported would be an understatement.  That auction contains all the official material that Chaosium ever released for it. ;)

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:20 am 

I'm not sure if it would be a question worth putting to Greg Stafford in his thread on this forum, but I have a vague memory that Chaosium lost the rights to Ringworld when there was an early attempt by Hollywood to produce a movie based on the Larry Niven books.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:15 pm 

g026r wrote:I think I heard that $70 was about average.

That's what I've noticed in the past few years. It does seem to be getting more rare. Maybe I've missed some auctions, but I don't recall many  Ringworld sets or Companions coming up in the past six months or so. A year ago, it seemed like quite a few were popping up, picked up a set for $40 I think.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 pm 

I saw a Companion a few months back, but I can't remember what it went for.  Other than a few auctions of one or two books from the set, I don't think I've seen anything else in the past bit.