AD&D Ral Partha Miniatures - Mispack or repack?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:03 pm 

I recently purchased a blister of AD&D Ral Partha minis on eBay from seller tarumil. The transaction was flawless and the items shipped quickly.

However, upon examining the blister, it is indeed an AD&D 2E miniature blister card - but the miniatures inside I've tracked down as the following (there are 3 miniatures in the blister):

1x Tanis Half-Elven (from the Dragonlance Heroes boxed set)
1x Male Mercenary Warrior (from 11-017)
1x Male Fighter w/sword (from 11-001)

Anybody know anything about this? The seller was very nice and shipped almost instantly...great packaging and good communication.

However, I am just wondering if I've stumbled across a very collectible Ral Partha oddity, or if the guy who sold it to me got screwed by someone who sold it to HIM. All of the minis appear new and cast in the same alloy, so i'm wondering if Ral Partha did these generic repacks towards the end of their AD&D licensed days?

There is no model number on the blister card or sculptor's name - it just says "Fighters".

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:48 am 

I know there were some issues with packaging. I have a AD&D 2nd edition blisterpack, that contains an 'armoured cloud giant' which has a code 31-028 (The Fiend Factory Series).

It could be that you have the blister from the Fighters Player Pack, The Thieves and Magic User Player pack miniaterus  were repacks from the 11-series.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:57 am 

As an 'encore', can anyone identify the miniatures on Ebay object n°  
** expired eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:15 am 

However, upon examining the blister, it is indeed an AD&D 2E miniature blister card - but the miniatures inside I've tracked down as the following (there are 3 miniatures in the blister):

I've seen a few of these on ebay over the years, I have two myself so their not that uncommon.
I also have a few of the 11 series blisters that are labeled Fighters, Thieves, Magic-users that contain a mixture of non-11 series sculpts.

I have a AD&D 2nd edition blisterpack, that contains an 'armoured cloud giant' which has a code 31-028

I have one these also.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I recently purchased a blister of AD&D Ral Partha minis on eBay from seller tarumil. The transaction was flawless and the items shipped quickly.

1x Tanis Half-Elven (from the Dragonlance Heroes boxed set)
1x Male Mercenary Warrior (from 11-017)
1x Male Fighter w/sword (from 11-001)

Anybody know anything about this? The seller was very nice and shipped almost instantly...great packaging and good communication.

However, I am just wondering if I've stumbled across a very collectible Ral Partha oddity, or if the guy who sold it to me got screwed by someone who sold it to HIM. All of the minis appear new and cast in the same alloy, so i'm wondering if Ral Partha did these generic repacks towards the end of their AD&D licensed days?

There is no model number on the blister card or sculptor's name - it just says "Fighters".

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

There were four such sets, Fighters, Thieves, Wizards and Priests.  They were the miniature that came in the infamously geeky 2nd ed players packs of the same name.  Not that common (although at one time I had 11 packs of each).  When I had them I sold them for $10-20 per pack.

I hope that helps

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 pm 

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the info!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com