Beasts, Men and Gods
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:48 am 

thanks for these precious information!

i would be the first person to buy it if it was released in pdf copy, but it seems Bill Underwood "disappeared"..i don't know who could help us at this point.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 pm 

Well you might be able to communicate with him on LinkedIn

http://www.linkedin.com/in/wunderwood

In his profile is this

Bill Underwood's Education

University of Kansas

BA , English , 1977 — 1981

While busy getting the BA in English, I also wrote and published a 225 page book called Beasts, Men & Gods, a fantasy role-play game. It was written on a Smith-Corona electric typewriter (pre-desktop publishing!) with artwork from local KU artists.

Activities and Societies:
         Role-Play gaming group, self published author (Beasts Men & Gods), Student Senator

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:26 am 

i already did it.

i sent him a mail several months ago but he never replied.

If others want to try..

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:06 pm 

Alas, bad news.

Chances to see a copy of "Beasts, men & gods" are becoming increasingly difficult.

This is because some days ago even  the only remaining copy  owned by "Noble knight" was purchased.

You can see it here:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137423671_A_ManufacturerID_E_2145084725_A_CategoryID_E_0_A_GenreID_E_9

Maybe it was bought by someone here at Acaeum.

Anyway, considering that no one apparently is able to release a PDF version (though they exist),  that this last copy has gone, and that Bill Underwood doesn't seem to be interested in  replying  to e-mails about this.....i'm kind of disappointed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 pm 

It's not the only D&Desque product by Bill Underwood.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:07 pm 

Vault keeper wrote:This is because some days ago even  the only remaining copy  owned by "Noble knight" was purchased.

:)  I needed that print to so now I have both.

Amazon.com still has a used copy for sale (for a bit cheaper than NK):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 pm 

Thanks, i knew the amazon link.

You should be really satisfied  to have both print and electronic format of it.:D

In the meantime, i contacted Mr. Underwood today asking for a digital copy to purchase which he is likely to have, because 100 dollars is too much for me now.

Oddly enough, "B.M. & G." is the only product i'm really after. Apart from that, my RPG collection after many years in the hobby is complete and i have no further desires. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm 

Vault keeper wrote:In the meantime, i contacted Mr. Underwood today asking for a digital copy to purchase which he is likely to have, because 100 dollars is too much for me now.

I don't have an electronic copy - I tend to prefer hardcopies over pdfs.

I tried emailing Mr. Underwood a while back about finding someone he mentioned he was looking for but didn't hear back at all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 pm 

Did you already read it?

In that case, i would like to ask if it is a D&D variant (i mean, similar to "The Complete Warlock" in this sense)?

thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:26 pm 

I haven't a chance to read through this one.  Its on my list when I get some time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 pm 

From what I read of my copy, it is a D&D variation. Don't have my copy anymore, alas.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:29 am 

My brother mentioned this discussion so I decided to check it out.  I am one of those rare creatures who has played BMG.  I first encountered it at KU in Lawrence, KS, shortly after publication.  I played in several campaigns, and took the game with me to California in 1986.  I have since run several extended campaigns based on BMG - with a lot of modification and expansion, since it is medieval-themed, and I ran Oriental and swashbuckling games.
I lost my original copy in the Northridge earthquake in LA, but still have a photocopy set I used as a GM to save wear and tear on the flimsy original.  That plus a lot of expansion material I developed for different campaign genres.  If Bill does manage to set up a new edition, I would be happy to send him all the modifications and additions friends (including mutual acquaintances from Lawrence) and I have made for his perusal.
The things I most liked (and still do) about the game were the magic system and combat system.  They allowed much more creative play than a lot of other systems I have tried since.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 am 

Kai Lung, i sent you a PM  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:28 pm 

Bill Underwood (creator of the "Beasts men & gods") RPG has contacted me today saying that he is considering printing on demand (POD) of his PDF copy of the game! :D

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:08 pm 

[quote="lokiwookie"]

You are optimistic :)

Considering the number of people having the game, and who know that they still have it, I am not sure that at least 3 persons are playing to this game...[/quote]

I played my house rule variation of BMG last week. Fun to start teaching my sons a game I first played 30 years ago.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:07 pm 

Sorry for the LONG delay in this thread and thank you to Vault Keeper for the encouragement at getting a version of this reprinted. I am going to do a print on demand version soon. Probably within the next few weeks. The rules will be almost exactly the same ones published in the 2nd Edition published in 1982. The layout is different, but I tried to keep it looking the same as the original. More news to follow.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:21 pm 

underdog wrote:Sorry for the LONG delay in this thread and thank you to Vault Keeper for the encouragement at getting a version of this reprinted. I am going to do a print on demand version soon. Probably within the next few weeks. The rules will be almost exactly the same ones published in the 2nd Edition published in 1982. The layout is different, but I tried to keep it looking the same as the original. More news to follow.

I have not posted to this topic before, as the original item was simply too pricey for me to chase and I (like some others) wont even bother chasing down electronic copies.

This however, is VERY HAPPY NEWS for us more monetarily challeneged collectors!
I will eagerly await further news and I would stand in line for the POD copies to surface!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:37 am 

Agreed, I will be good for 1+ copies POD!

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

PreviousNext